Jump to content

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,
My husband and I just had our AOS interview this morning and they are holding the case for further review.  The immigration officer seemed unsatisfied with my not being able to remember my husband's address of where he lived when we first met, I remembered bits and pieces but not the full address,  and he questioned the fact that we met on Facebook and seemed like he didn't like that answer.  I know it is up to the individual officer but does this sound like reason enough to deny the adjustment of status?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No........His complete address is a minor item.  Many people meet on FB.  I expect you will receive good news soon.


"The immigration process demands a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and money.  A deficit in any of these areas can spell heartbreak."

   -GB, "old man of much life experience"

 

Retired 20 year United States Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone gets held for review. Some officers give more hints than others. For example, my officer said “congrats” after the interview even though we were held for review. Lots of officers are simply bureaucratic as can be and don’t give anything away on the spot as to approval/denial. Your impression that the officer was unhappy with your responses is likely incorrect and/or overthinking and you’ll likely get an approval notification soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
16 hours ago, cbro20 said:

Everyone gets held for review. Some officers give more hints than others. For example, my officer said “congrats” after the interview even though we were held for review. Lots of officers are simply bureaucratic as can be and don’t give anything away on the spot as to approval/denial. Your impression that the officer was unhappy with your responses is likely incorrect and/or overthinking and you’ll likely get an approval notification soon.

not true, mine didn't get held at all, actually officer interviewed us told me clearly that I should be able to see approved  information on USCIS website in 24 hours. And he also mentioned I should be able to receive 10 year greed card in less than 2 weeks, which all turned out to be true.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alienbiteme said:

not true, mine didn't get held at all, actually officer interviewed us told me clearly that I should be able to see approved  information on USCIS website in 24 hours. And he also mentioned I should be able to receive 10 year greed card in less than 2 weeks, which all turned out to be true.

 

Everyone gets held for review. As I said, some officers divulge more than others at the conclusion of an interview. Even if they flat-out say “you will be approved,” the applicant is still technically held under review until the officer processes the change in the system.

 

Anyway, congrats OP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
36 minutes ago, cbro20 said:

Everyone gets held for review. As I said, some officers divulge more than others at the conclusion of an interview. Even if they flat-out say “you will be approved,” the applicant is still technically held under review until the officer processes the change in the system.

 

Anyway, congrats OP!

thanks for comment, here is part of my case status on USCIS. I went to green card interview on April 28th. Officer never said anything like"You will be approved".

"

April 29, 2021 We approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
April 28, 2021 We ordered your new card"
Edited by Alienbiteme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Alienbiteme said:

thanks for comment, here is part of my case status on USCIS. I went to green card interview on April 28th. Officer never said anything like"You will be approved".

"

April 29, 2021 We approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
April 28, 2021 We ordered your new card"

Sigh.

 

It’s standard procedure for applicants to be held for review after an I-485 interview. How long the case is held for review varies. 
 

Some cases are held for review for 30 minutes. Others for 24 hours. Others for a couple weeks. Some applicants don’t even know they were held for review because approval can come quickly after the interview.

 

Just because your status tracker updated to “approved” shortly after your interview doesn’t mean you weren’t held for review. From the time your interview finished, your case was technically held for review until the finalized approval was processed in the system. Unless the officer literally finalized the approval while you were sitting in the room, which would be uncommon, you were held for review.

 

Get it?

 

Edited by cbro20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
“;}
×
×
  • Create New...