8eitghy2wo

Please help with DS 260

9 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello, asking for a friend who was selected for dv lottery 2022. The notice letter says he needs to submit DS 260 for him (applicant) and all family members immigrating with him! 
my question is if this means he has to only include their information on one single ds 260  (one form per case) or if he is married with 2 kids, they need to submit four DS 260’s? Kind of confusing since the form is too long and 3 years old baby does not have a lot to fill that whole form out!

will appreciate your help

The only thing that is for main selectee only is proving eligibility. Everything else must be done for each family member who wants a visa. So 4 DS260s, 4 sets of civil documents, 4 medicals, 4 DV interview fees and, if they are successful, 4 immigrant (green card) fees. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Green Card application form (DS-260)

IMPORTANT: The application requires you to list all unmarried children under the age of 21. Do not forget to include children who may not live with you and those who do not want to go to the USA. All children include your own children, those of your spouse, extra-marital children, and all children you have even if you do not have custody of them. If you fail to do so, you will be disqualified. These children will only get a Green Card if the main applicant applies submits an application for them. If the child is coming to the USA or not, they must be included in the application!

So, yes all people need the ds 260 and a passport

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi everyone,

please help, asking for a friend.

He won the lottery ( married with two kids age 2 years old and 3 months old). After completing each ds 260 for all of them. Now when you (principlal) come to “sign and submit” a child’s DS 260, do you enter child’s passport number or parent’s at that section before submitting?

also, in what order you submit each ds 260 or des not matter?

thank you all

Timeline

Thanks Susie,

i actually used all information relevant to each applicant throughout the applications. However, by the end of each application, I noticed from samples that you need to enter passport number to complete “sign and submit” screen, so not sure if that passport number refers to applicant (minor child) or the signer (parent/principal applicant)

I am completing DS260 for a friend and  his family, so the process was quiet different from what I expected. I hope those who completed DS 260 for multiple family members under one case number can help!🙏

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline