Stefanie&Danny

Will our interview be after Milligan vs Pompeo plaintiffs?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We filed our I-129F in September 2019.Received our NOA2 in March 2020.I just saw someone ,who filed Feb 2020 and got their NOA2 in Oct 2020 who was a plaintiff in Milligan vs.Pompeo got the K-1 interview for June 29th.We are waiting on the US Embassy in London to resume services .Will those of us who did not participate in the lawsuit have to now wait longer until the plaintiffs all get their interviews? Is it too late to participate?

Honestly, no one can give you a solid yes or no on whether or not plaintiffs will get prioritised. It is too late to participate in the lawsuit. 

The department of state has said the whole time that plaintiffs do not get priority over other people. Whether they’ll uphold this position is another story. The benefit plaintiffs have is that their name is in front of a judge and the government attorney. They both get updates from the lawyers very regularly and eventually the judge will get to the point where he wants to see these cases moved, the government attorney also doesn’t want to fight a ton of individual people and will be trying to convince their client (the DOS) to cooperate and just give people their interviews. It’s pretty much an unknown how it’ll play out. Most London plaintiffs have their interviews, there’s only about 15 that don’t. We also don’t even know when or if London will resume K1s any time soon, they should, so hopefully they update soon. 

The good news is that you should be relatively close to the front of the line when they do begin processing K1s again. 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, StellaGB1 said:

Honestly, no one can give you a solid yes or no on whether or not plaintiffs will get prioritised. It is too late to participate in the lawsuit. 

The department of state has said the whole time that plaintiffs do not get priority over other people. Whether they’ll uphold this position is another story. The benefit plaintiffs have is that their name is in front of a judge and the government attorney. They both get updates from the lawyers very regularly and eventually the judge will get to the point where he wants to see these cases moved, the government attorney also doesn’t want to fight a ton of individual people and will be trying to convince their client (the DOS) to cooperate and just give people their interviews. It’s pretty much an unknown how it’ll play out. Most London plaintiffs have their interviews, there’s only about 15 that don’t. We also don’t even know when or if London will resume K1s any time soon, they should, so hopefully they update soon. 

The good news is that you should be relatively close to the front of the line when they do begin processing K1s again. 

Thank You.Good Luck to you and your partner❤️

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Stefanie&Danny said:

Thank You.Good Luck to you and your partner❤️

There are so few plaintiffs in anyone consulate,  that any delays would not even be noticed.

YMMV

Timeline
10 minutes ago, payxibka said:

There are so few plaintiffs in anyone consulate,  that any delays would not even be noticed.

This is great information!Thank You 😊

Timeline
19 hours ago, Stefanie&Danny said:

This is great information!Thank You 😊

I actually spoke to the lawyer heading the legal proceedings and he did say that it isn’t too late to file something, in fact he recommended it if you have been waiting a long time. There is also a waiting list for the travel ban lawsuit, I can send you the link if you’d like. I got an email back saying that they are taking people on but need to hear by tomorrow at noon. But I do second other comments, it’s a hard situation. 

Edited by eggybreadb78

Timeline
3 hours ago, eggybreadb78 said:

I actually spoke to the lawyer heading the legal proceedings and he did say that it isn’t too late to file something, in fact he recommended it if you have been waiting a long time. There is also a waiting list for the travel ban lawsuit, I can send you the link if you’d like. I got an email back saying that they are taking people on but need to hear by tomorrow at noon. But I do second other comments, it’s a hard situation. 

Thank you for this info!I know ,we have all been through so much this year.Who would have thought we would still all be in these positions?!I would love the link to look into:)

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Stefanie&Danny said:

Thank you for this info!I know ,we have all been through so much this year.Who would have thought we would still all be in these positions?!I would love the link to look into:)

Honestly, it bewilders me that we’re still in the same position. It’s heartbreaking! https://gsiskind.app.law/waiting-list Here you go!

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Does anyone know if the NVC is actually sending K1 visas to London embassy yet? 
i have called and emailed several times and all i get is this:

“Due to COVID-19 concerns, the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General in London suspended routine visa services. The National Visa Center will not forward K1/I-730 visa petitions to London until they resume routine visa services. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate General will resume visa services as soon as possible, but they cannot provide a specific date.”

But the London embassy website is clearly stating that they are now processing immigrant and Fiance visas? 

3 minutes ago, Loveandhappyness said:

Does anyone know if the NVC is actually sending K1 visas to London embassy yet? 
i have called and emailed several times and all i get is this:

“Due to COVID-19 concerns, the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General in London suspended routine visa services. The National Visa Center will not forward K1/I-730 visa petitions to London until they resume routine visa services. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate General will resume visa services as soon as possible, but they cannot provide a specific date.”

But the London embassy website is clearly stating that they are now processing immigrant and Fiance visas? 

Your petition was just approved in February of this year, correct?  There are many, many more ahead of you in the queue (> one year's worth).

Timeline

No of course i understand that but the fact that NVC are stating that concerned me but I’m not 109% on this I’ve only just joined VJ so i know if it has been spoken about before? 

should i be concerned if they say they aren’t sending applications to London embassy due to them not processing if the London embassy has announced they are? 

i know we have a really long way to go but are they staying this because of backlog or a miscommunication?

1 minute ago, Loveandhappyness said:

No of course i understand that but the fact that NVC are stating that concerned me but I’m not 109% on this I’ve only just joined VJ so i know if it has been spoken about before? 

should i be concerned if they say they aren’t sending applications to London embassy due to them not processing if the London embassy has announced they are? 

i know we have a really long way to go but are they staying this because of backlog or a miscommunication?

Approved I-129F petitions sit at the NVC until requested by the embassy or consulate.  With a huge backup caused by COVID, the consulates are just now dealing with petitions that were approved in March of 2020.  They won't request new petitions until the existing backlog has had a dent made in it.

There are loads and loads of threads on VJ about COVID, the worldwide halt to K-1 processing, the various lawsuits, etc.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Loveandhappyness said:

Hi!I absolutely get your concern as it seems there are mixed messages.I spoke with a wonderful person at NVC who went into a little more detail with me.She explained that the Consulate will be taking the cases at NVC once they have gotten through rescheduling peoples interviews that had interviews that were canceled .Once they get through the backlog then they will request the “New”(March-May 2020) petitions.Hopefully,that eases a bit of worry:)

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Loveandhappyness said:

Thank you yes that does. 
I’m sure looking at a year wait or something. Thanks for this though. It does help ease the worry! 

Big hugs to you and your partner.This is such a hard process without a pandemic,let alone with one.We are all in this together❤️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.