Stefanie&Danny

Will our interview be after Milligan vs Pompeo plaintiffs?

18 posts in this topic

On 5/8/2021 at 5:12 PM, Stefanie&Danny said:

Hi!I absolutely get your concern as it seems there are mixed messages.I spoke with a wonderful person at NVC who went into a little more detail with me.She explained that the Consulate will be taking the cases at NVC once they have gotten through rescheduling peoples interviews that had interviews that were canceled .Once they get through the backlog then they will request the “New”(March-May 2020) petitions.Hopefully,that eases a bit of worry:)

Thanks for this insight! Does this mean to say literally no March - May petitions have had interviews because I’ve seen lots of people with interview dates on visa journey (application before this rate range, in the range and even after) let alone people who have filed outside of the platform? Also is there any info on how long it would take for interviews of March - May to take place? For example, can they get processed in one month, less than one month or many months to process 3 months worth of K1 petitions? I know K1 visas are being prioritised for interviews currently. If it was say 5 months to process 3 months worth of interviews to get up to Jan filers that would suggest an interview in late 2022/even 2023. Is that really realistic that K1 visa applicants would be pushed back that far if filing one year after the start of the pandemic? Or perhaps people think more capacity / support will help to clear the backlog in time to avoid this situation. Thanks in advance! PS I’m specifically interested in the London consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, surfa_holic said:

Thanks for this insight! Does this mean to say literally no March - May petitions have had interviews because I’ve seen lots of people with interview dates on visa journey (application before this rate range, in the range and even after) let alone people who have filed outside of the platform? Also is there any info on how long it would take for interviews of March - May to take place? For example, can they get processed in one month, less than one month or many months to process 3 months worth of K1 petitions? I know K1 visas are being prioritised for interviews currently. If it was say 5 months to process 3 months worth of interviews to get up to Jan filers that would suggest an interview in late 2022/even 2023. Is that really realistic that K1 visa applicants would be pushed back that far if filing one year after the start of the pandemic? Or perhaps people think more capacity / support will help to clear the backlog in time to avoid this situation. Thanks in advance! PS I’m specifically interested in the London consulate.

Hi!I wish I had that detailed of information.Most people that are within that timeframe of March-May 2020 or beyond that have gotten interviews are apart of the lawsuit.I can’t say for sure all of them.However,When I spoke with NVC last week,they let me know that Consulate is processing K-1’s again.However,they have not requested any petitions from the NVC due to the backlog they will first have to get through that have been at the Consulate to reschedule .Hope that helps a bit:)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/8/2021 at 2:40 AM, Loveandhappyness said:

Does anyone know if the NVC is actually sending K1 visas to London embassy yet? 
i have called and emailed several times and all i get is this:

“Due to COVID-19 concerns, the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General in London suspended routine visa services. The National Visa Center will not forward K1/I-730 visa petitions to London until they resume routine visa services. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate General will resume visa services as soon as possible, but they cannot provide a specific date.”

But the London embassy website is clearly stating that they are now processing immigrant and Fiance visas? 

They are getting the petitions approved and ready to move forward. However, nothing is going to happen until the beneficiary’s Embassy/Consulate is fully ready to resume their services and interview people. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.