Soccer.Player

N400 interview decision pending tracker

408 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline

So whoever said the ombudsman's office is totally useless, that is the understatement of the year. Got this response after I told them it had been over 120 days since the interview. Which qualifies for their attention since it's a statutory limitation on the USCIS, they legally have to adjudicate. 

Our review indicates that your Form N-400- Application for Naturalization, which USCIS received on [INSERT THE USCIS RECEIPT DATE], is within the published processing times for [INSERT USCIS OFFICE] as posted on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website.  Because your case is currently within processing times, our office will be closing this matter.  

That's right. They didn't even bother to fill in my receipt date and USCIS office. They literally just sent me a template. Is this a joke?

N-400 Application for Naturalization

Day    00 - 08/31/20 - Submitted online N-400 application. ROC still pending. Requested combo interview.

Day    01 - 09/01/20 - NOA received online. Status says biometrics appt letter will be sent. (PD 08/31/20)

Day  141 - 01/20/21 - Biometrics reuse letter

Day  233 - 04/22/21 - ROC approved, no news on N-400

Day  288 - 06/18/21 - Interview scheduled

Day  332 - 07/30/21 - Successful interview. No decision yet.

Day 758  - 09/28/22 - Oath ceremony will be scheduled

Day 870 - 01/18/23 - Oath ceremony complete

On 12/19/2021 at 12:41 PM, bunkx said:

So whoever said the ombudsman's office is totally useless, that is the understatement of the year. Got this response after I told them it had been over 120 days since the interview. Which qualifies for their attention since it's a statutory limitation on the USCIS, they legally have to adjudicate. 

That's right. They didn't even bother to fill in my receipt date and USCIS office. They literally just sent me a template. Is this a joke?

Yes, they won't even look at your case until it's outside of the processing times for your field office. Just keep checking on the dates to see when your case goes outside and file another ombudsman case then.

They still won't do much, but at least it's keeping some pressure on USCIS. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 12/19/2021 at 10:41 AM, bunkx said:

Agree, it is totally nuts.  If the case is not outside of processing time they won't do anything.  I am now at 8 months after interview, nothing new... Hopefully 2022.

33 minutes ago, Coco&Kitten said:

Agree, it is totally nuts.  If the case is not outside of processing time they won't do anything.  I am now at 8 months after interview, nothing new... Hopefully 2022.

Even if the case is outside of normal processing time, what do you think they can do? I had an issue, they bought the matter to the attention of uscis, and uscis wasn’t responding to them in 5 months. When I called ombudsman office, they said they can’t do anything even if uscis doesn’t reply to them in 10 years, they have no power over uscis. It just a place where some people got employment and wasting taxpayer money. The only good about this office is that it contributing in the reduction of national unemployment rate, since some people are employed there for doing nothing . 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Ring of the lord said:

Even if the case is outside of normal processing time, what do you think they can do? I had an issue, they bought the matter to the attention of uscis, and uscis wasn’t responding to them in 5 months. When I called ombudsman office, they said they can’t do anything even if uscis doesn’t reply to them in 10 years, they have no power over uscis. It just a place where some people got employment and wasting taxpayer money. The only good about this office is that it contributing in the reduction of national unemployment rate, since some people are employed there for doing nothing . 

The more I deal with the legal system of this country the more I question whether I should just move back home honestly. I have friends who've been through the naturalization process back in Belgium and it took them about 20 bucks and 2 months. This is absolutely ridiculous. Why is the USCIS so underfunded and dysfunctional when we have such a large immigrant population? I don't mean to get political, but I've been here over a decade under different statuses since high school, and just can't wait to be done with it. 

N-400 Application for Naturalization

Day    00 - 08/31/20 - Submitted online N-400 application. ROC still pending. Requested combo interview.

Day    01 - 09/01/20 - NOA received online. Status says biometrics appt letter will be sent. (PD 08/31/20)

Day  141 - 01/20/21 - Biometrics reuse letter

Day  233 - 04/22/21 - ROC approved, no news on N-400

Day  288 - 06/18/21 - Interview scheduled

Day  332 - 07/30/21 - Successful interview. No decision yet.

Day 758  - 09/28/22 - Oath ceremony will be scheduled

Day 870 - 01/18/23 - Oath ceremony complete

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
18 hours ago, Ring of the lord said:

USCIS IS ALREADY GETTING RIDICULOUS! The woman who answered me at the USCIS phone a few minutes ago, she talked to me with an attitude of S% ## $ telling me that she did not have all the time to answer my questions.

HOWEVER, she quickly recognized that she cannot not give me the answers to my case because she is just a custumer service rep. So I tell the woman that I should go to Tier 2, and then she said that my CASE DOES NOT APPLY to speak with an officer even though my case is from 2019. The conversation started getting heat up from my end  she had no choice and other than saying she was going to file my request for Tier 2 . She gave me a case number for tier 2  and at the end she mentioned that now officers are calling within the first 30 days.

1 hour ago, oriana77 said:

USCIS IS ALREADY GETTING RIDICULOUS! The woman who answered me at the USCIS phone a few minutes ago, she talked to me with an attitude of S% ## $ telling me that she did not have all the time to answer my questions.

HOWEVER, she quickly recognized that she cannot not give me the answers to my case because she is just a custumer service rep. So I tell the woman that I should go to Tier 2, and then she said that my CASE DOES NOT APPLY to speak with an officer even though my case is from 2019. The conversation started getting heat up from my end  she had no choice and other than saying she was going to file my request for Tier 2 . She gave me a case number for tier 2  and at the end she mentioned that now officers are calling within the first 30 days.

Let’s see if the immigration officer calls you. I don’t wanna kill your hope, but chance for you to actually get a tier -2 office’s call is slim. Did you try senator ?

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Ring of the lord said:

Let’s see if the immigration officer calls you. I don’t wanna kill your hope, but chance for you to actually get a tier -2 office’s call is slim. Did you try senator ?

Trust me I'm well aware of that. I told her, officers are not calling people back and she said to me " Do you want me to file the request or not then" I was hating every second of that phone call. I haven't tried with senator yet. I was reading that the volumen of petitions the senator are getting for similar cases to us are insane...

2 hours ago, oriana77 said:

Trust me I'm well aware of that. I told her, officers are not calling people back and she said to me " Do you want me to file the request or not then" I was hating every second of that phone call. I haven't tried with senator yet. I was reading that the volumen of petitions the senator are getting for similar cases to us are insane...

Try senator, it can create very small impact. I can feel your anger and frustration as I’m in the same boat. Seems like we are helpless and hopeless. USCIS can play however they want, all these posted processing time, 120 days, ombudsman, congressional help are meaningless. Court May be our only help .anyway what’s your exacts status and timeline? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ring of the lord said:

Try senator, it can create very small impact. I can feel your anger and frustration as I’m in the same boat. Seems like we are helpless and hopeless. USCIS can play however they want, all these posted processing time, 120 days, ombudsman, congressional help are meaningless. Court May be our only help .anyway what’s your exacts status and timeline? 

I don't know but something/ an update must happen before the year ends. I love the US but USCIS is depressing! I am going to follow your advice and contact senator. The USCIS website said "interview was scheduled" and I received that notice on december 21, 2020. Imagine that! When I called to USCIS this past  August, I was shocked when the rep told me cases undeer 1 year after the interview are not that bad and the cases with high priority are cases over 600 days. I was SHOOOCKED!!! 

1 hour ago, oriana77 said:

I don't know but something/ an update must happen before the year ends. I love the US but USCIS is depressing! I am going to follow your advice and contact senator. The USCIS website said "interview was scheduled" and I received that notice on december 21, 2020. Imagine that! When I called to USCIS this past  August, I was shocked when the rep told me cases undeer 1 year after the interview are not that bad and the cases with high priority are cases over 600 days. I was SHOOOCKED!!! 

Good luck with tier -2 and senator 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 12/8/2021 at 10:26 AM, bing10 said:

Your green card is still perfectly valid, and you are completely legal. They would have to put you into removal proceedings, and a go to court before anything changes there.

Please update here with what happens with your case. I suspect your lawyer will recommend appealing the denial if there is nothing obviously wrong with your application.

Yes my lawyer recommends appealing the denial. He instructed me to write a statement about the whole situation, which I already did. Will be sending the appeal out soon. I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 12/31/2021 at 3:52 PM, Me112 said:

Hi everyone and Happy New Year, I have a relative who already passed N-400 test on August 18 but was told the decision cannot be made until the officer recieves an old A-file from 2001. It is passed 120 days now, still no update. Can my relative use FOIA to request that specific file only?

I am in a similar situation.  I have heard that FOIA request triggers interviews for those who didn't get them yet, but I am not sure about old A-files pending review after the interviews. 

Was your relative able to put the request through?  I would like to hear more about this.

My relative submitted an inquiry about the case. This is the answer that was recieved

''USCIS systems indicate that you appeared for your naturalization interview on August ..., 2021. If final approval is granted, you will be notified of when and where to report for your naturalization ceremony''.

I am not sure if requesting the A-FILE from 2001 will help, the old file has an unkown A-NUMBER diifferent from the one on the current permanent card. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.