JojoandTomas

APRIL 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

106 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Got our NVC case number today! I called and was on hold for about 30 minutes. 

NOA1: September 4th, 2020

NOA2: March 29th, 2021 (no RFE)

NVC Received: April 21st, 2021 

NVC Case Number: April 26th, 2021

37 minutes ago, neto-66 said:

Got our NVC case number today! I called and was on hold for about 30 minutes. 

NOA1: September 4th, 2020

NOA2: March 29th, 2021 (no RFE)

NVC Received: April 21st, 2021 

NVC Case Number: April 26th, 2021

You should also join the March approvals group since your approval was in March

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I’m going to try my best here because the language and steps and everything still gets super jumbled in my brain. Waiting now for our case to get sent to the embassy and being super annoying to the NVC in the meantime. 

I called again today to see what’s going on and here’s some info I gleaned in case it interests anyone.

I spoke to a gem of a person named “Jim” who condescendingly explained some things.

According to him the NVC gets a spreadsheet every Monday containing information on what “pretty much every embassy in the world” is currently processing and what they are not. 

The London embassy will be processing ours.

The London embassy has instructed them to NOT send any “new” k-1 cases. They are processing “old” cases, when I asked what that entails I was told any cases received by the NVC after the London Embassy closed last March constitute as “new” cases and are not being sent yet. 

He said that despite the embassy’s site saying “We have now begun to process visa applications in all immigrant and fiancé(e) visa categories.” this refers only to “old” cases and that for “new” cases they will likely gradually open different units for different types of visas but there’s no guarantee on a timeframe, this is probably due to staff shortage, which... yeah lol.

Apparently we will get a letter of confirmation from them once they actually send it to the embassy. “New” cases will be sent to the embassy in the order they were received after last years closure when they are allowed to be sent.

A direct quote  “Our duty is to send cases as the embassy requests them. I don’t know what you think you read on a website but these are the instructions we are given.”

I don’t know if this will actually help anyone but I know I’m overzealous and constantly scraping for new information so I thought I’d share.

NOA1: July 13th, 2020

NOA2: March 4th, 2021

NVC Received: April 1st, 2021 

NVC Case Number: April 2nd, 2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
44 minutes ago, notnuanced said:

I’m going to try my best here because the language and steps and everything still gets super jumbled in my brain. Waiting now for our case to get sent to the embassy and being super annoying to the NVC in the meantime. 

I called again today to see what’s going on and here’s some info I gleaned in case it interests anyone.

I spoke to a gem of a person named “Jim” who condescendingly explained some things.

According to him the NVC gets a spreadsheet every Monday containing information on what “pretty much every embassy in the world” is currently processing and what they are not. 

The London embassy has instructed them to NOT send any “new” k-1 cases. They are processing “old” cases, when I asked what that entails I was told any cases received by the NVC after the London Embassy closed last March constitute as “new” cases and are not being sent yet. 

He said that despite the embassy’s site saying “We have now begun to process visa applications in all immigrant and fiancé(e) visa categories.” this refers only to “old” cases and that for “new” cases they will likely gradually open different units for different types of visas but there’s no guarantee on a timeframe, this is probably due to staff shortage, which... yeah lol.

Apparently we will get a letter of confirmation from them once they actually send it to the embassy. “New” cases will be sent to the embassy in the order they were received after last years closure when they are allowed to be sent.

A direct quote  “Our duty is to send cases as the embassy requests them. I don’t know what you think you read on a website but these are the instructions we are given.”

I don’t know if this will actually help anyone but I know I’m overzealous and constantly scraping for new information so I thought I’d share.

thank you so much for sharing. I think it is depend on the country and the covid situation and how busy the embassy is I mean if the embassy in a country could have a lot of applicants including london whereas another country few applicants so then they will receive new cases for sure

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
51 minutes ago, notnuanced said:

I really hope it's different in Belgium. But it is kind of upsetting, looks like you're a step closer but actually not =(

Timeline
Just now, JulijaKC said:

I really hope it's different in Belgium. But it is kind of upsetting, looks like you're a step closer but actually not =(

it is different in each country i am positive to that. london is one of the crowded plus I have heard 3 italians get their interview in May 2021 next month and their no2 were in April and May and october 2020 which means after March 2020

Timeline
Just now, macorbin said:

it is different in each country i am positive to that. london is one of the crowded plus I have heard 3 italians get their interview in May 2021 next month and their no2 were in April and May and october 2020 which means after March 2020

Yes, well, that's what I am saying. But I don't have numbers or so. It's basically hearsay often. We just have to wait and see

Timeline
1 minute ago, JulijaKC said:

That’s definitely how it feels.

I feel fortunate to have the help of our lawyers but I’ve done a lot of information digging on my own because I’m stubborn and tenacious when I want something and I want him here already 😕

Things are so (expectedly) screwy because of the pandemic and even the lawyers are confused at times.

I hope for the sake of everyone in the middle of this process they hurry up and feel the pressure. I’m one small fish but I am doing what I can to put pressure on both them and government representatives. 

Timeline
Just now, JulijaKC said:

Yes, well, that's what I am saying. But I don't have numbers or so. It's basically hearsay often. We just have to wait and see

yes no one knows for sure how many applicants are there in each country who applied both for k1 and IR and CR1 .these are the visa categories the embassies must process which is related to US citizns I mean fiance and marriage categories

Timeline
2 minutes ago, notnuanced said:

I feel fortunate to have the help of our lawyers but I’ve done a lot of information digging on my own because I’m stubborn and tenacious when I want something and I want him here already 😕

Things are so (expectedly) screwy because of the pandemic and even the lawyers are confused at times.

I hope for the sake of everyone in the middle of this process they hurry up and feel the pressure. I’m one small fish but I am doing what I can to put pressure on both them and government representatives. 

I feel you I myself can not concentrate during everyday what I mostly do it to check visajourny and facebook groups to get new news . it is exasparating

Timeline
1 minute ago, notnuanced said:

Are we the same person? ahah We also have lawyers but I am the beneficiary and constantly research stuff on my own. My lawyer is probably rolling his eyes every time there is a new email from me with another question or a remark 😂 So grateful to have them though!

But yes, I agree wit you and wow, I respect that you take active steps! It's very stressful times

Timeline
Just now, macorbin said:

I feel you I myself can not concentrate during everyday what I mostly do it to check visajourny and facebook groups to get new news . it is exasparating

Right there with you.

I think for me what’s so frustrating is while I know the NVC and embassies are confused and scrambling and it’s not any individual employees fault it’s wild that these major government agencies don’t have their stuff together. It really fees like a mystery I have to actively investigate just to have a vague idea of what’s kind of maybe going on.

Timeline
1 minute ago, macorbin said:

I understand you soo much! But I noticed a few months ago that checking visajourney and then being actively on Twitter and following Love Is Not Tourism really started influencing me in a negative way, so I took a step back. I am back here sometimes though. But we have to take care of ourselves first! I am trying to focus on positive things now 

I really hope you'll feel better 💖

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.