DP2018

Looking to get married in India?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am starting this topic for Indian people who are looking to get married in India, but not able to because of covid19 from last more than one year and thier life got stuck due to covid. Indian guys do reply on this topic so that we could share things with each other and hopefully we will work together to come out of this situation. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the Regional forum, from Off TOpic- the question is country specific.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Do you mean for those who planned to get married and the weddings had to be cancelled or were you looking for someone to get married to in India (aka like a matrimony type of site)?

Timeline
1 hour ago, NandV said:

Do you mean for those who planned to get married and the weddings had to be cancelled or were you looking for someone to get married to in India (aka like a matrimony type of site)?

I am looking for a Indian guys who's fiancee wants to come here in India to marry them, but due to covid19 not able to because of travel restrictions from more than one year. Me and my fiancee in a same situation from last more than one year. 

As far as I am seeing, It looks like you are not in same situation because you applied for K1 and planning to get married in US, this topic is for people who wants to get married in India not in US. All the best for your K1 interview. 

Edited by Yogi Yogi

Timeline
5 hours ago, Yogi Yogi said:

I am looking for a Indian guys who's fiancee wants to come here in India to marry them, but due to covid19 not able to because of travel restrictions from more than one year. Me and my fiancee in a same situation from last more than one year. 

As far as I am seeing, It looks like you are not in same situation because you applied for K1 and planning to get married in US, this topic is for people who wants to get married in India not in US. All the best for your K1 interview. 

Actually we wanted to get married in India and had everything planned. Invites had gone out, wedding venue booked, hotels booked, flights booked (all our relatives and friends), all wedding outfits purchased, but everything was cancelled last minute due to COVID. We have lost out on almost a year of not being married, not only was our money down the drain since we couldn't get all deposits back, but so were our friends and relatives. The few wedding clothes in the US that arrived, I have to look at everyday reminding me of what could have been. We have not been able to even meet during this time as I'm not allowed in India. I think this topic does apply to me, maybe even more than it does to you. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, NandV said:

Actually we wanted to get married in India and had everything planned. Invites had gone out, wedding venue booked, hotels booked, flights booked (all our relatives and friends), all wedding outfits purchased, but everything was cancelled last minute due to COVID. We have lost out on almost a year of not being married, not only was our money down the drain since we couldn't get all deposits back, but so were our friends and relatives. The few wedding clothes in the US that arrived, I have to look at everyday reminding me of what could have been. We have not been able to even meet during this time as I'm not allowed in India. I think this topic does apply to me, maybe even more than it does to you. 

I understand your pain because been through the same from more than a year. So how many times you guys met so far? 

Timeline

Guys we all are in same situation like you NandV can't come here same our fiance can't either. Now questions is that what we can do?  it's really frustrated guys to stuck in this situation but sadly nothing in our hands.

So NandV question is for you are you going to apply Cr1 visa after marriage? and what state in India are you going to marry ? 

Timeline
5 hours ago, PSharma2627 said:

Guys we all are in same situation like you NandV can't come here same our fiance can't either. Now questions is that what we can do?  it's really frustrated guys to stuck in this situation but sadly nothing in our hands.

So NandV question is for you are you going to apply Cr1 visa after marriage? and what state in India are you going to marry ? 

Thank you PSharma2627. Since we did not know when I could enter on the CR-1 and I did not want to wait another 2 years for processing, I decided to apply for K-1. I would still recommend doing this if your fiance is not able to enter India yet. We were going to get married in Bangalore

Timeline
13 hours ago, NandV said:

Thank you PSharma2627. Since we did not know when I could enter on the CR-1 and I did not want to wait another 2 years for processing, I decided to apply for K-1. I would still recommend doing this if your fiance is not able to enter India yet. We were going to get married in Bangalore

So Nandv, do you guys have any red flags like age gap and do you guys met in person? 

We have a red flag of age gap and met once in person due to travel restrictions.

Edited by Yogi Yogi

Timeline
7 hours ago, Yogi Yogi said:

So Nandv, do you guys have any red flags like age gap and do you guys met in person? 

We have a red flag of age gap and met once in person due to travel restrictions.

From what I saw most people are doing smaller ceremonies in India with only family members, and they are planning on having a bigger ceremony once Covid restrictions are lifted.  The main thing is to have proof of a marriage taking place and statements from people who attended can be helpful if they request a RFE.  You should also definitely travel somewhere for your honeymoon and take lots of pictures as proof.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Amrit Gurbir said:

From what I saw most people are doing smaller ceremonies in India with only family members, and they are planning on having a bigger ceremony once Covid restrictions are lifted.  The main thing is to have proof of a marriage taking place and statements from people who attended can be helpful if they request a RFE.  You should also definitely travel somewhere for your honeymoon and take lots of pictures as proof.

I think the challenge is that unless the petitioner still has an Indian passport or has an OCI card, it will be difficult to go to India to get married, even for a smaller ceremony. I think USC's are only allowed in Mexico right now. 

Yogi Yogi - No we don't have an age gap. If you've only met once and have an age gap, I would still recommend trying to meet a few more times before getting married. I wish this whole covid thing would go away already. It's already been over a year...

Timeline
12 hours ago, Amrit Gurbir said:

Make sense. So Amrit Gurbir, few questions for you. Please advise. 

Where you guys got married? 

Did you guys got married under special marriage Act or Hindu marriage Act? 

Did you guys had big ceremony? 

How many times you guys met so far? 

Do you guys have any red flag like age difference? 

Timeline
9 hours ago, NandV said:

I think the challenge is that unless the petitioner still has an Indian passport or has an OCI card, it will be difficult to go to India to get married, even for a smaller ceremony. I think USC's are only allowed in Mexico right now. 

Yogi Yogi - No we don't have an age gap. If you've only met once and have an age gap, I would still recommend trying to meet a few more times before getting married. I wish this whole covid thing would go away already. It's already been over a year...

Yes Nandv this covid made things really complicated for all of us. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.