132 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, CAP waiting said:

No but I like the idea 

Someone should create one for Haiti filers. I have a few people who would be interested in joining that I can also pass the link to

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
7 minutes ago, CertifiedZoe said:

Officially 21 months now (DQ SEPTEMBER 3rd 2019) waiting on interview in Haiti

This is inhumane! How do these people sleep at night knowing there are U.S. citizens separated from their spouses because of an interview standing in their way. We're doing things the legal way but still have to wait almost 2 years or more in some cases for a stinking interview...totally absurd. 

12 hours ago, Jacques'son said:

This is inhumane! How do these people sleep at night knowing there are U.S. citizens separated from their spouses because of an interview standing in their way. We're doing things the legal way but still have to wait almost 2 years or more in some cases for a stinking interview...totally absurd. 

What bothers me is I know someone who was approved January 2021 .. they’re interview is next month . I spoke to someone personally about it that works there and they had the nerve to tell me it’s a luck and it’s complicated . What about the people that’s been waiting 2 years ? Reading the timelines I noticed some people waiting since 2019 and people dq sept 2019 without an interview date yet but there was people dq in December 2019 that already had an interview months ago . I really don’t think things are in order 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
2 hours ago, Wiseman2878 said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=da9b9b78549feebeSo I guessed there are no IR/CR1 interviews for June 

What is going on at the embassy !!!!?

FE7828C8-9CE0-46B3-BF72-8E7E444131F3.png

I maintain my theory that this is part of a continued effort to give minimal immigrant visas to Haitians. Just when things are headed in the right direction, they find an excuse. There is something particularly suspicious about what's going on at this embassie's immigrant visa unit. Other countries have a higher rate of covid than Haiti does, but haven't canceled interviews for june! (like our neighbor). It's like they purposely want us to wait more than 2 years for interviews. If that's the case just tell us that, stop coming up with bull-ish excuses to keep us separated from our familles longer. We all should contact an activist movement or something, awareness & attention needs to be brought to the mischievous practices of this embassy.

Edited by Jacques'son

1 hour ago, Jacques'son said:

I maintain my theory that this is part of a continued effort to give minimal immigrant visas to Haitians. Just when things are headed in the right direction, they find an excuse. There is something particularly suspicious about what's going on at this embassie's immigrant visa unit. Other countries have a higher rate of covid than Haiti does, but haven't canceled interviews for june! (like our neighbor). It's like they purposely want us to wait more than 2 years for interviews. If that's the case just tell us that, stop coming up with bull-ish excuses to keep us separated from our familles longer. We all should contact an activist movement or something, awareness & attention needs to be brought to the mischievous practices of this embassy.

Honestly this embassy just finds reasons to not conduct interviews. There’s no reason the backlog should be way into 2019. 

Wow the recent update from Haiti Embassy, about interviews has discouraged me again. Why cancel all interviews or stop processing completely 🙄 I already know it'll be 24 plus months now, before getting an interview with them. (SEPTEMBER 3RD will make 24 months for me) I'm just trying to stay calm until I have my baby in 2 weeks, and then I'll be ready to give them hell. Count me in for going forward with some kind of petition or contacting an activist to make these people do their jobs. 

8 hours ago, CertifiedZoe said:

Wow the recent update from Haiti Embassy, about interviews has discouraged me again. Why cancel all interviews or stop processing completely 🙄 I already know it'll be 24 plus months now, before getting an interview with them. (SEPTEMBER 3RD will make 24 months for me) I'm just trying to stay calm until I have my baby in 2 weeks, and then I'll be ready to give them hell. Count me in for going forward with some kind of petition or contacting an activist to make these people do their jobs. 

Im so sorry that you are still waiting! The situation is ridiculous and really discouraging!!!I pray that God gives you peace because if we look to this situation it will only frustrate us even more. Only the Lord Almighty can change the outcome for the U. S embassy! Praying for safe delivery for you❤️

• 2 weeks later...

At this point, I feel like we as petitioners should do something like calling the news stations, writing the president because clearly there s some type of discrimination against Haitians. Last week, I checked, DR who had and still dealing with Covid was doing interviews for people of June 2020 and Haiti is not even in August 2019. Like this is just plain wrong. And if we don't do something,  Haiti is about to get worse especially with the election coming up in October. How are they canceling all Immigrants visas but yet doing other type of interviews. Something don't add up and us petioners have to pray and fight for our rights.

8 minutes ago, LalaToussaint said:

At this point, I feel like we as petitioners should do something like calling the news stations, writing the president because clearly there s some type of discrimination against Haitians. Last week, I checked, DR who had and still dealing with Covid was doing interviews for people of June 2020 and Haiti is not even in August 2019. Like this is just plain wrong. And if we don't do something,  Haiti is about to get worse especially with the election coming up in October. How are they canceling all Immigrants visas but yet doing other type of interviews. Something don't add up and us petioners have to pray and fight for our rights.

I wrote a community forum post, at least I tried to, I submitted it… About getting all of the CR1, K-1, and IR1 visa dates and information so I could set up a Google doc for us to see exactly where we are at. Nobody responded, so I’m not sure it got where it needed to be posted? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.