132 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, CertifiedZoe said:

Started the process May 2018...DQ September 2019....and still waiting on interview as of today.. Almost 20 months now. 

That is a long wait. Something needs to be done about this. They should have a time frame for this process. It is really unfair to watch people done within a year while others have to wait forever. 

10 minutes ago, kendelle said:

That is a long wait. Something needs to be done about this. They should have a time frame for this process. It is really unfair to watch people done within a year while others have to wait forever. 

Tell me about it. It's sad& crazy!! Calling& doing inquires does nothing. I've wanted try expedite request, but if denied I heard they put you back even further so we're patiently waiting.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
2 hours ago, CertifiedZoe said:

Tell me about it. It's sad& crazy!! Calling& doing inquires does nothing. I've wanted try expedite request, but if denied I heard they put you back even further so we're patiently waiting.

The visa issuances for the month of March 2021 have been released. Embassy in Haiti issued 141 IR1 visas and only 2 CR1.  In my opinion if they double that amount of interviews going forward they could clear the backlog sooner. I read that all embassies and consulates have been directed to prioritize IR1, IR2, CR1, CR2, and K1. I suggest that anyone waiting for interview in Haiti and DQ'd from July 2019 and August 2019 to contact the embassy and emphasize their awareness that their visa category is of high prioritization based on information released by the state department. Also, emphasize that you are DQ'd from July or August 2019. Family of U.S citizens are supposed to be getting their interviews scheduled first. Embassy of Haiti needs to know that we are aware of what is supposed to be getting done, otherwise they will drag their feet.

Timeline
Just now, Jacques'son said:

The visa issuances for the month of March 2021 have been released. Embassy in Haiti issued 141 IR1 visas and only 2 CR1.  In my opinion if they double that amount of interviews going forward they could clear the backlog sooner. I read that all embassies and consulates have been directed to prioritize IR1, IR2, CR1, CR2, and K1. I suggest that anyone waiting for interview in Haiti and DQ'd from July 2019 and August 2019 to contact the embassy and emphasize their awareness that their visa category is of high prioritization based on information released by the state department. Also, emphasize that you are DQ'd from July or August 2019. Family of U.S citizens are supposed to be getting their interviews scheduled first. Embassy of Haiti needs to know that we are aware of what is supposed to be getting done, otherwise they will drag their feet.

Screenshot_20210421-131733_Drive.jpg

Great information! Thank you! I'm IR1 too. We've been married over 3years, and waiting on a interview for almost 20 months. I've never tried calling the embassy of haiti only NVC, and they always tell me their waiting on Haiti to schedule interviews 🙃So I will definitely try calling the embassy now. Thanks again for that information.

Timeline
23 hours ago, CertifiedZoe said:

Great information! Thank you! I'm IR1 too. We've been married over 3years, and waiting on a interview for almost 20 months. I've never tried calling the embassy of haiti only NVC, and they always tell me their waiting on Haiti to schedule interviews 🙃So I will definitely try calling the embassy now. Thanks again for that information.

You're welcome, please let us know how it goes. I was documentarily qualified in July 2020 so I'm a long way from interview. However, for anyone DQ'd (for Haiti) in mid to late 2019 they should have gotten an interview already, gotten an interview letter, or be close to an interview. CR1/IR1 are the priority along with other categories where the petitioner is a U.S. citizen. Non immigrant visa Categories and non-citizen petitioners should not get interviews before backlog of CR1/IR1 is cleared. We U.S. citizens qualified to vote and going through this immigration process with our love ones are part of the reason this biden administration is in place, they need to be  held accountable. Their campaign promoted and promised a better and fair immigration system, this is their chance to make that a reality.

1 hour ago, Jacques'son said:

You're welcome, please let us know how it goes. I was documentarily qualified in July 2020 so I'm a long way from interview. However, for anyone DQ'd (for Haiti) in mid to late 2019 they should have gotten an interview already, gotten an interview letter, or be close to an interview. CR1/IR1 are the priority along with other categories where the petitioner is a U.S. citizen. Non immigrant visa Categories and non-citizen petitioners should not get interviews before backlog of CR1/IR1 is cleared. We U.S. citizens qualified to vote and going through this immigration process with our love ones are part of the reason this biden administration is in place, they need to be  held accountable. Their campaign promoted and promised a better and fair immigration system, this is their chance to make that a reality.

Yes. Please let us know how it goes if you call, we maybe first in line but doesn’t feel like it. Do you all know if a CR one automatically turns into an IR one after being married for two years? I was married in Haiti in January 2019 and started the process in March 2019.

Timeline
1 hour ago, CAP waiting said:

Yes. Please let us know how it goes if you call, we maybe first in line but doesn’t feel like it. Do you all know if a CR one automatically turns into an IR one after being married for two years? I was married in Haiti in January 2019 and started the process in March 2019.

Yes. After two years of marriage it will fall under the IR1 category. Log into your NVC CEAC and on the homepage (top right-hand corner) of your log in it will now show IR1 instead of CR1. This happens automatically to the best of my knowledge.

1 minute ago, Jacques'son said:

Yes. After two years of marriage it will fall under the IR1 category. Log into your NVC CEAC and on the homepage (top right-hand corner) of your log in it will now show IR1 instead of CR1. This happens automatically to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks, I’ll look, I guess that’s one benefit of it taking so long 

I will definitely keep everyone updated!! Everything @Jacques'son stated is facts! CR1 will automatically fall into IR1 after 2 years of marriage. Thanks again for the information. I normally go every 2 months to Haiti to visit my husband, but I'm currently almost 8months pregnant, with our first baby and can't travel anymore. So I'm really just ready for him to get here and for this process to be over. Talk to you guys soon! Hopefully with an interview date🙏🏾

37 minutes ago, CertifiedZoe said:

I will definitely keep everyone updated!! Everything @Jacques'son stated is facts! CR1 will automatically fall into IR1 after 2 years of marriage. Thanks again for the information. I normally go every 2 months to Haiti to visit my husband, but I'm currently almost 8months pregnant, with our first baby and can't travel anymore. So I'm really just ready for him to get here and for this process to be over. Talk to you guys soon! Hopefully with an interview date🙏🏾

I used to go every three but haven’t gone since Dec 2019, canceled both April and July trip. My daughter is 11 and I worry about her not being vaccinated on the plane and airports, and he’s in a village. If I brought covid in I would be besides myself with guilt. I want to go so badly.  I’m glad to have you all. Congratulations on the baby. 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 4/30/2021 at 6:35 PM, Jacques'son said:

yes Jacques'son is right.

Timeline

For anyone interested this article was released Friday  April 30th by the state department. It explains the prioritization of visa categories at embassies and consulates to reduce the interview backlog at all posts.

Immigrant Visa Prioritization

Last Updated: April 30, 2021

As noted in our recent visa services operating status update, the Department of State is committed to sharing the current status of our worldwide visa operations.  As part of that effort, we would like to provide more details regarding how our embassies and consulates are prioritizing immigrant visa applications as the Department works to reduce the backlog of such applications resulting from travel restrictions and operational constraints caused by the global COVID pandemic.

The health and safety of our personnel, U.S. citizens seeking assistance abroad, individuals seeking immigration benefits, and local populations is paramount.  Posts that process both immigrant and nonimmigrant visas are prioritizing immigrant visa applications while still providing some nonimmigrant visa services.  However, the volume and type of visa cases each post will process continues to depend on local conditions, including restrictions on movement and gathering imposed by host country governments.  In addition, consistent with U.S. government guidance on safety in the federal workplace, U.S. embassies and consulates have implemented social distancing and other safety measures, which have reduced the number of applicants consular sections are able to process in a single day.  Consular sections will resume providing all routine visa services as it is safe to do so in that particular location.

The petitioners and applicants in the immigrant visa process are more than just numbers.  We acknowledge the stress and hardships they have borne during the past year of reduced operating capacity as a result of COVID and necessary measures taken to protect health and safety or to comply with local requirements, as well as COVID-related limitations on their travel or visa issuance.  We also recognize the importance of each immigrant visa category.  However, during the pandemic the Department has been forced to make difficult decisions regarding how our consular sections should prioritize immigrant visa applications as they operate at limited capacity and as they work through a backlog of immigrant visa cases once they resume full operating capacity.  The guiding principle on which we have based immigrant visa prioritization is that family reunification is a clear priority of the U.S. Government’s immigration policy, a priority is expressed in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).  Specifically, the Department’s prioritization relied on clear direction from Congress that the Department must adopt a policy of prioritizing immediate relative visa applicants and K-1 fiancées of U.S. citizens, followed by family preference immigrant visa applicants.    

Consistent with those objectives, U.S. embassies and consulates are using a tiered approach to triage immigrant visa applications based on the category of immigrant visa as they resume and expand processing.  While our consular sections, where possible, are scheduling some appointments within all four priority tiers every month, the following lists the main categories of immigrant visas in priority order:

• Tier One: Immediate relative intercountry adoption visas, age-out cases (cases where the applicant will soon no longer qualify due to their age), and certain Special Immigrant Visas (SQ and SI for Afghan and Iraqi nationals working with the U.S. government)

• Tier Two:  Immediate relative visas; fiancé(e) visas; and returning resident visas

• Tier Three: Family preference immigrant visas and SE Special Immigrant Visas for certain employees of the U.S. government abroad

• Tier Four: All other immigrant visas, including employment preference and diversity visas

Many embassies and consulates continue to have a significant backlog of all categories of immigrant visas.  This prioritization plan instructs posts to maximize their limited resources to accommodate as many immediate relative and fiancé(e) cases as possible with a goal of, at a minimum, preventing the backlog from growing in these categories and hopefully reducing it. However, the prioritization plan also instructs posts to schedule and adjudicate some cases in Tier Three and Tier Four each month.  The Department recognizes that visa applicants, particularly those in Tiers Three and Four, will face continued delays.  We further acknowledge that certain programs, including the diversity visa program, operate on a fiscal year basis as required by law.  The Department values the diversity visa program and is making every effort to process as many diversity visa cases as possible, consistent with other priorities, despite the severe operational constraints and backlog resulting from the COVID pandemic.  However, as a result of COVID the number of visas issued in lower-priority preference categories or in such programs as the diversity visa program likely will not approach the statutory ceiling in Fiscal Year 2021.   

Timeline
On 4/29/2021 at 3:43 PM, Jacques'son said:

I just read this early this morning and I swear Haiti acts as if they don't have to following rules and it's all embassies 

Timeline
On 4/30/2021 at 6:37 PM, CAP waiting said:

Thanks, I’ll look, I guess that’s one benefit of it taking so long 

This is true because you don't have to pay once in the states all the money k1 and half of the money cr1 will pay to get a 10yr green card k1 have to file just for a 2yr but they have their family cr1 comes on a 2yr but have to pay to get 10 yr. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.