132 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 5/17/2021 at 9:46 AM, mjcharles69@gmail said:

Its mid May already, this is ridiculously ridiculous, what the hell is going with haiti??? Anybodyknows a good lawyer??? The whole process started 12/18 dq 9/19 and its 5/21 i am still waiting for an interview with  no update no nothing,that doesn't make no sense come on yall,anybody got interview letter recently????

Yes, I agree it is beyond ridiculous! Looks like the average wait for an interview in the IR1 category at Haiti embassy is about 21 months. They have the nerve to ramble rhetoric like "we understand that you're more than just a number" that's just a bunch of meaningless talk. I wonder if they send out the interview letters once at the beginning of the month. Or do they send them throughout the month. Also, is it true that even though documentarily qualified, while waiting for interview you (either the petitioner or Beneficiary) must maintain contact with NVC at least once a year in order to show that you're still interested in an immigrant visa? If not they will close the case and it must be restarted. Has anyone heard that as well?

4 minutes ago, Jacques'son said:

Yes, I agree it is beyond ridiculous! Looks like the average wait for an interview in the IR1 category at Haiti embassy is about 21 months. They have the nerve to ramble rhetoric like "we understand that you're more than just a number" that's just a bunch of meaningless talk. I wonder if they send out the interview letters once at the beginning of the month. Or do they send them throughout the month. Also, is it true that even though documentarily qualified, while waiting for interview you (either the petitioner or Beneficiary) must maintain contact with NVC at least once a year in order to show that you're still interested in an immigrant visa? If not they will close the case and it must be restarted. Has anyone heard that as well?

I have heard this and it’s stupid. My senator has contacted NVC so I should be ok, but 21 months … sigh 

Timeline
1 hour ago, mjcharles69@gmail said:

Sept will b 24 months since dq!!! Process started 2018 so idk wat 21 months is about...and yea u must keep in touch with them!!! Even if everytime u call they keep telling u the same story  smh

@Yrneh
DQ: 3-19-2019  Interview: 11-24-2020
Appoved (20 months)

@Sydariatasha
DQ: 4-17-2019 Interview:01-26-2021
Result: Appoved (21 months)

@Aubran
DQ: 5-28-2019 Interview: 02-08-2021
Result: Appoved (21 months)

@Dypie12
DQ: 6-12-2019 Interview: 02-??-2021
Result: Approved (20 months)

@Nina1008
DQ: 6-19-2019  Interview:  03-19-2021
Result: Approved (21 months)

Timeline
1 hour ago, mjcharles69@gmail said:

Sept will b 24 months since dq!!! Process started 2018 so idk wat 21 months is about...and yea u must keep in touch with them!!! Even if everytime u call they keep telling u the same story  smh

@mjcharles69@gmail those are the last five visa journey members to have an interview (CR1/IR1) at Haiti embassy. The trend is 20 to 21 months wait time for interview after DQ at NVC. I didn't just pull the number 21 out of nowhere. The time you start the whole process is a non factor...DQ date at NVC is what is important in respect to interview scheduling.

4 hours ago, MissD_ said:

I have some news for all you guys waiting . The reason the process has been taking long is because of covid and also because the embassy in Haiti was not working in full capacity . The good news is as of this week they started working at full capacity so things should be moving pretty swiftly. 

I really hope so 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 5/17/2021 at 9:46 AM, mjcharles69@gmail said:

Its mid May already, this is ridiculously ridiculous, what the hell is going with haiti??? Anybodyknows a good lawyer??? The whole process started 12/18 dq 9/19 and its 5/21 i am still waiting for an interview with  no update no nothing,that doesn't make no sense come on yall,anybody got interview letter recently????

I am sorry to hear that you have been waiting for that long, we should probably start a petition and see what we can do to help ourselves.

Let's think about it.

I'm in same boat as you @mjcharles69@gmail DQ since September 3rd, 2019.(20 months) waiting on interview.  I've called & emailed, but nothing. Just being told to wait🙃 I was thinking about getting a lawyer also, but I said I would wait. If they make me wait 24 months, the 2 year mark to get an interview, Then ill definitely lawyer up. The wait is just crazy after being DQ for Haiti interview.

Timeline

Visa statistics has released for the month of April 2021. Only 85 IR1 visas issued at PAP Haiti embassy.😒🙄 I was hoping for something more like 200+. Last month they did 141. Doing 85 interviews in one isn't going to clear the backlog anytime soon Especially because they're still on DQ's from 2019. That's like trying to drain a 5,000 gallon pool with a teaspoon. Hopefully the month of May is better, however I don't really see any signs of that.

Screenshot_20210520-032707_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, do you guys have a Haiti WhatsApp support group that you could recommend? Someone in my DR group is looking to connect with fellow Haiti filers and I’d like to help him find a good group🙂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.