10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

When we review the status of our ioe (https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do) it comes out that it is in Nebraska, even when we log in to our uscis account it is in Nebraska

but on the paper  says  that it is in Potomac.

Anyone in the group who has submitted their form i13o between october and have their ioe confirmation has the same error?

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-12 at 13.25.48.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-14 at 15.30.31.jpeg

Others have reported that when this happens, the service center that is written on the I-797 Receipt Notice (NOA1) is the correct one. In your case that would be Potomac.

If you want to be sure, you can either try to send a message to USCIS through your account or call and get them to verify where your case is being processed. But you will probably need to be persistent in order to get an answer.

my husband filed i-130 petition for me on november 2020 and we sent it to texas ( hard copy) . but when we got the NOA, it said potomac and the receipt number start with IOE. though the moment we knew our receipt number and checked it on USCIS website t immediately said " Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS " and didn't specify being process in which place. 

Edited by Misscloud

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Nebraska also does spouse visas and when there are overloads at the different offices ,  cases get transfered

Don't worry,  at least USCIS ackowledges they have your case

BTW  you should always block out things like the case # before posting

Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline
4 hours ago, JKLSemicolon said:

Others have reported that when this happens, the service center that is written on the I-797 Receipt Notice (NOA1) is the correct one. In your case that would be Potomac.

If you want to be sure, you can either try to send a message to USCIS through your account or call and get them to verify where your case is being processed. But you will probably need to be persistent in order to get an answer.

Potomac It is one of the centers that take the longest on average 12 to 16 months :( I am hopeful that I will be transferred to Nebraska they have an average of 5 to 8 months.  thanks for answering me :)  

Timeline
4 hours ago, Misscloud said:

my husband filed i-130 petition for me on november 2020 and we sent it to texas ( hard copy) . but when we got the NOA, it said potomac and the receipt number start with IOE. though the moment we knew our receipt number and checked it on USCIS website t immediately said " Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS " and didn't specify being process in which place. 

thanks for share your experience, as i said before i hope our case were transferred to Nebraska because Nebraska USCIS center takes less time than others.  Potomac is processing November 2019 times.  :(

Timeline
4 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Nebraska also does spouse visas and when there are overloads at the different offices ,  cases get transfered

Don't worry,  at least USCIS ackowledges they have your case

BTW  you should always block out things like the case # before posting

i hope mine were transferred :)    Potomac take longer than Nebraska :(

(i did hide and delete last numbers of  case# and names )

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
20 hours ago, JKLSemicolon said:

Not necessarily, this can change, and sometimes it changes multiple times for people.

15 hours ago, Maria Medina said:

i hope mine were transferred :)    Potomac take longer than Nebraska :(

(i did hide and delete last numbers of  case# and names )

processing times can also change, Nebraska used to be notorious for how long they took and Texas one of the fastest.

10 minutes ago, Babu Frik said:

Not necessarily, this can change, and sometimes it changes multiple times for people.

Good point. Since the receipt notice was from October, a lot could have happened since then. Another reason to reach out to USCIS to try to confirm where the case is currently.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
7 minutes ago, JKLSemicolon said:

Good point. Since the receipt notice was from October, a lot could have happened since then. Another reason to reach out to USCIS to try to confirm where the case is currently.

You can use the Ask Emma chat feature to ask a rep, I've done that in the past.

Sometimes they don't tell you any different and you find out after getting approved that it was transferred, it's crazy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.