Mike209

Traveling to the US??

22 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, Misscloud said:

it has to be taken less than 72 hours than the flight and make sure it's PCR test. good luck !

The US does not require only a pcr test. It can be either an antigen or pcr test. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

They are both swab tests. PCR test is more accurate. But results take longer to get, usually 24-48 hours. Sometimes you can get within 5-8 hours. Antigen test is less accurate but faster. Usually within 15 minutes. Both are acceptable for entering the US. However a lot of countries require only the PCR test but not all.  PCR tests are more expensive. 

Edited by flicks1998

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

1 minute ago, flicks1998 said:

They are both swab tests. PCR test is more accurate. But results take longer to get, usually 24-48 hours. Sometimes you can get within 5-8 hours. Antigen test is less accurate but faster. Usually within 15 minutes. Both are acceptable for entering the US. However a lot of countries require only the PCR test but not all. 

Thanks for the information I appreciate it

8 hours ago, Mike209 said:

So my wife's  Visa was finally approved so I was just wondering it's my understanding that when traveling to the US that she has to have a covid test so I was just wondering is there a certain place that she has to go for that

Congrats! Do you know to what extent the US Embassy in MNL functioning? My Wife is waiting for her Interview date. 

21 hours ago, Mike209 said:

So my wife's  Visa was finally approved so I was just wondering it's my understanding that when traveling to the US that she has to have a covid test so I was just wondering is there a certain place that she has to go for that

Apart from the Philippine Airlines test facility (highly recommended especially if your wife is taking a PAL flight), you can also get the test done at any of the accredited testing centers in this link from the PH Dept of Health: LIST OF LICENSED COVID-19 TESTING LABORATORY IN THE PHILIPPINES | HFSRB (doh.gov.ph)

I had mine done at Makati Medical Center with no issues. I've also heard good reviews about others who got it done at Philippine Red Cross locations.

2 hours ago, Adventine said:

Apart from the Philippine Airlines test facility (highly recommended especially if your wife is taking a PAL flight), you can also get the test done at any of the accredited testing centers in this link from the PH Dept of Health: LIST OF LICENSED COVID-19 TESTING LABORATORY IN THE PHILIPPINES | HFSRB (doh.gov.ph)

I had mine done at Makati Medical Center with no issues. I've also heard good reviews about others who got it done at Philippine Red Cross locations.

Is Philippine Airlines test facility at the Airport

36 minutes ago, Mike209 said:

The two PAL testing centers aren't at the airport. Addresses here: PAL COVID-19 Testing Centers (philippineairlines.com)

59 minutes ago, Mike209 said:

I posted in another thread on the PAL testing centers. If your wife is flying PAL I’d use the testing center in Ermita. As a passenger it’s extremely easy and you get a discount from 4500p to 3300p if you do the PCR test. If she does the antigen test it’s only 700p. Both are ok for flights to the US. Antigen test she’ll get the results in 15-30 minutes. We did the PCR tests as they are more reliable and I heard most of the antigen tests in the Philippines comes from China and I just don’t trust them enough. 

We did the test the day before the flight. We had results in 10 hours. Since it’s a partnership with a testing facility and PAL, I assume any PAL passengers are prioritised. 

Makati med is fine as well as Adventine said although it may be a little more expensive.  

She will Need to show her test results 3-4 times at the airport. Once she is in the US nobody will care to ask for them. 

Edited by flicks1998

8 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

I posted in another thread on the PAL testing centers. If your wife is flying PAL I’d use the testing center in Ermita. As a passenger it’s extremely easy and you get a discount from 4500p to 3300p if you do the PCR test. If she does the antigen test it’s only 700p. Both are ok for flights to the US. Antigen test she’ll get the results in 15-30 minutes. We did the PCR tests as they are more reliable and I heard most of the antigen tests in the Philippines comes from China and I just don’t trust them enough. 

We did the test the day before the flight. We had results in 10 hours. Since it’s a partnership with a testing facility and PAL, I assume any PAL passengers are prioritised. 

Makati med is fine as well as Adventine said although it may be a little more expensive.  

She will Need to show her test results 3-4 times at the airport. Once she is in the US nobody will care to ask for them. 

Thanks for the information apparently I just found out she has to do a pre-departure seminar I wish I would have known about this sooner do you happen to know if it is hard to get appointment for this

5 hours ago, Mike209 said:

Thanks for the information apparently I just found out she has to do a pre-departure seminar I wish I would have known about this sooner do you happen to know if it is hard to get appointment for this

The CFO we arranged quite quick. I believe we emailed or called first and at that time it was arranged within a few days.  It’s only done over the phone now. After the completion of it we had to wait for the visa to email to them. Once they had that it takes a few days to have the certificate emailed to you, however we were in a rush and they sent with an hour or so. It’s not guaranteed they will do that though. We had a good person for that seminar, others have reported here they have had to give additional supporting info which had slowed their process. I would arrange as soon as you can. There is no in-person seminar now despite what the website may imply. 

15 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

The CFO we arranged quite quick. I believe we emailed or called first and at that time it was arranged within a few days.  It’s only done over the phone now. After the completion of it we had to wait for the visa to email to them. Once they had that it takes a few days to have the certificate emailed to you, however we were in a rush and they sent with an hour or so. It’s not guaranteed they will do that though. We had a good person for that seminar, others have reported here they have had to give additional supporting info which had slowed their process. I would arrange as soon as you can. There is no in-person seminar now despite what the website may imply. 

Do you have to give the Visa before you can register my wife showed me a picture and she has to upload her passport and Visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.