perfectsense

I-130 and I-485 (merged)

24 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hello everyone!

We got married two days ago. I'm here with B2 visa.

Now we are filling out documents for status adjustment.

So i have some questions:

1. Should we sent I-130 and I-485 forms at the same time, or I-130 first then waiting for approval and then I-485. I believe girl i know sent it all at one time.

2. There is qustion In I-130 form "Beneficiary native written language...". I'm from Russia and i took my husband's las name here after marriage i'm not sure how my new American last name should be trasliterated in Russian documents. Should i type there what do i think it's supposed to be OR type there my last name before marriage. Kind of confused.

Thank you!

38 minutes ago, perfectsense said:

Should we sent I-130 and I-485 forms at the same time,

Yes.

For clarification is your spouse a US citizen or a LPR?

I-130 and I-864 are filled-out by the US citizen, and the rest of the forms by the immigrant. In general, send the following four packets (*note that I-765 and I-131 packets are optional, but highly recommended) in the same envelope to the Chicago Lockbox:

• I-130 with I-130A and copy of marriage certificate, filing fees, etc.;
  • I-485 with I-864 and supporting documents, electronic I-94 copy, filing fees, etc.;
  • I-765 with electronic I-94 copy, etc.; and
  • I-131 with electronic I-94 copy, etc.

You'll separate each packet with rubber bands or fasteners: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-information/form-filing-tips

On the I-130 packet, I-130 payment method (check, money order, or Form G-1450) must be the very first item of this packet.

On the I-485 packet, I-485 payment method (check, money order, or Form G-1450) must be the very first item of this packet.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Yes.

For clarification is your spouse a US citizen or a LPR?

I-130 and I-864 are filled-out by the US citizen, and the rest of the forms by the immigrant. In general, send the following four packets (*note that I-765 and I-131 packets are optional, but highly recommended) in the same envelope to the Chicago Lockbox:

• I-130 with I-130A and copy of marriage certificate, filing fees, etc.;
  • I-485 with I-864 and supporting documents, electronic I-94 copy, filing fees, etc.;
  • I-765 with electronic I-94 copy, etc.; and
  • I-131 with electronic I-94 copy, etc.

You'll separate each packet with rubber bands or fasteners: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-information/form-filing-tips

On the I-130 packet, I-130 payment method (check, money order, or Form G-1450) must be the very first item of this packet.

On the I-485 packet, I-485 payment method (check, money order, or Form G-1450) must be the very first item of this packet.

Oh, thank you so much!

Yes, my spouse is US Citizen.

Can i don't send I-765 and I-131 if it's not neccesary for me because i'm not going to work or travel abroad before to get green card?)

Timeline

And also we was waiting for NOA2 for K1 when we decided to get married.

So my husband now is writing information about previous petetion for me that will be withdrawn very soon (we'll send petitions for adjastment when we will have K1 Withdrawal confirmation).

So we send I-129F to Lewiston TX but now it's in California.

What answer will be correct for part 5 question 3.a. of I-130? Dallas Texas, Lewiston Texas or Laguna Niguel California?

15 minutes ago, perfectsense said:

What answer will be correct for part 5 question 3.a. of I-130?

Lewisville, TX

35 minutes ago, perfectsense said:

Can i don't send I-765 and I-131 if it's not neccesary for me because i'm not going to work or travel abroad before to get green card?)

Just a note that it's free to file I-765 and I-131 if full I-485 fee is paid: https://www.uscis.gov/feecalculator I-765 and I-131 are optional but I highly recommend filing them. With an approved I-765 you'll be eligible for SSN; you can also consent in I-765 for USCIS to forward your info to SSA after I-765 approval. And approved Advance Parole is good to have in case unexpected emergency travel comes up. For I-131 dates not needed. Put "TBD" for the Date of the trip; and "As needed" for the purpose of the trips. You might need to handwrite "TBD" in that field if the PDF editor doesn't let you. And select the box for Multiple trips.

Edited by HRQX

1 hour ago, perfectsense said:

but i found information in internet

Another form that is no longer required is I-944: https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/public-charge "Applicants and petitioners should not provide information or evidence related solely to the Public Charge Final Rule. That means that applicants for adjustment of status should not submit Form I-944, Declaration of Self Sufficiency, or any evidence or documentation required by Form I-944 when they file their Form I-485."

Timeline

Hello everyone!

We have this siutation now:

September 2020: we've got NOA1 for K1 Petition.

October 2020: I arrived in US with my B2 visa

March 2021: We got married in US.

4th April 2021: My B2 admission expires

So. We have to send withdrawal of I-129F Fiancé visa Petition letter to USCIS, i guess? I heard that approve of withdrawal may be about 1-1.5 month.

We also are filling out the forms for AOS I-130, I-435 etc. (My husband is US citizen)

My question is can we send withdrawal of I-129F with AOS documents at once, or we have to wait for withdrawal approve and then send AOS forms? Problem is that when etimated aprovement of K1 process cancelling will be received by me i already will be overstayed in US. And then before i got AOS NOA1 it's probably will be about two month after admission expiration.

What options do we have here? 

13 minutes ago, perfectsense said:

or we have to wait for withdrawal approve and then send AOS forms?

Don't delay filing for AOS. Since you already married you are no longer eligible for the K-1 anyways.

18 minutes ago, perfectsense said:

We have to send withdrawal of I-129F Fiancé visa Petition letter to USCIS, i guess?

IMO, it's optional. If you do it, send it separately to the California Service Center.

I wouldn’t bother with the withdrawal of I-129F it will die off on its own...

Go ahead and file AOS etc. 

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Posts merged with existing thread~~~

54 minutes ago, perfectsense said:

Hello everyone!

We have this siutation now:

September 2020: we've got NOA1 for K1 Petition.

October 2020: I arrived in US with my B2 visa

March 2021: We got married in US.

4th April 2021: My B2 admission expires

So. We have to send withdrawal of I-129F Fiancé visa Petition letter to USCIS, i guess? I heard that approve of withdrawal may be about 1-1.5 month.

We also are filling out the forms for AOS I-130, I-435 etc. (My husband is US citizen)

My question is can we send withdrawal of I-129F with AOS documents at once, or we have to wait for withdrawal approve and then send AOS forms? Problem is that when etimated aprovement of K1 process cancelling will be received by me i already will be overstayed in US. And then before i got AOS NOA1 it's probably will be about two month after admission expiration.

What options do we have here? 

9 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

I wouldn’t bother with the withdrawal of I-129F it will die off on its own...

Go ahead and file AOS etc. 

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• Ryan H changed the title to I-130 and I-485 (merged)
10 minutes ago, perfectsense said:

Don't i need also to fill out I-944?

No. It no longer exists: https://www.uscis.gov/i-944

Page Not Found

The requested page was not found

10 minutes ago, perfectsense said:

I have a problems with question 61 in I-485 - i don't know what is it.

You can cross-out #61 https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/public-charge

Edited by HRQX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.