JM&MM

Sending i-751 on Thursday - which carrier better

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline

Hi!

I plan to send my I-751 tomorrow which is Thursday. Which carrier you would suggest so the package doesn't get stuck or lost over the weekend if it's delivered? I'm worried that they will deliver on Saturday but no one to accept....

Which carrier better sending on Thursday?

What option - priority etc. To receive by Friday or on Monday?

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
15 minutes ago, JM&MM said:

Hi!

I plan to send my I-751 tomorrow which is Thursday. Which carrier you would suggest so the package doesn't get stuck or lost over the weekend if it's delivered? I'm worried that they will deliver on Saturday but no one to accept....

Which carrier better sending on Thursday?

What option - priority etc. To receive by Friday or on Monday?

Thanks

UPS and Fedex.

Every time that I had sent in my paperwork, I used FedEx and they have always delivered just fine, including when I sent my ROC package in December 2020. However, I noticed that FedEx has been generally unreliable in other instances ever since this pandemic started. Between FedEx and UPS, UPS seems a bit more reliable for now. And frankly, every time there's a delay now, regardless or carrier, they all use COVID as an excuse.

I hope your package arrives just fine and in time 🤞

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

FedEx has been experiencing a lot of delays recently due to weather.  However, with there being no active big storm systems, it should be better.  Either would work well.  I used FedEx for mine as that is the carrier I use at work.  My recommendation - see which one is cheaper.  😎

Spoiler

Petitioner: USC | Applicant: B2 | (c)9 AOS (Marriage)

07/31/18: Filed I-130, I-130A

08/01/18: Delivered Potomac Processing Center

08/07/18: Text/Mail Notifications (for I-130)

08/14/18: Hard Copy NOA (for I-130)

08/24/18: Mailed I-485, I-765, I-864

08/27/18: Delivered

08/31/18: Filed

09/04/18: Text Notifications (for I-485, I-765, I-864)

09/06/18: Hard Copy NOA (for I-485, I-765, I-864)

09/14/18: Biometrics letter rec'd

09/26/18: Biometrics appt completed

10/02/18: Ready for interview to be scheduled.

12/18/18: Form I-130 APPROVED!

01/27/19: EAD Approved and card being printed!

02/02/19: Combo card and SSN card arrived!

03/08/19: Text and online notification that interview has been scheduled.

04/16/19: Interview.  AOS approval text rec'd.  Card in production!

04/24/19: GC in hand! 

Removal of Conditions

Here we go!

02/10/21: I-751 package sent

02/12/21: Delivered to Phoenix, AZ

03/22/21: Money order cashed

03/24/21: Text notification rec'd

03/25/21: NOA rec'd

04/30/21: Case updated: Fingerprints taken

06/27/22: Approved!  Card being produced!

07/05/22: 10-year GC in hand!

4vrsm5.pngN3Zem6.png

Back in October at a local UPS store it cost us ~$27 to send our I-751 package with a two business day delivery window. They offered a more expensive Next Day option, but apparently during COVID the carriers don't guarantee any delivery dates anyway.

I know UPS at least has some coupons othat might save you money, but they don't accept any coupons at the store, so you apparently have to know how to DIY through their online interface.

I would definitely not choose USPS, though. While in my case I sent an international package, and not a domestic one, I had to send some important stuff to Sweden. Left it a local post office on February 10 using USPS Priority Delivery. As of March 4 the package still hasn't reached the recipient...

Edited by Locito

Getting there, slowly but surely...  (I hope )

Together (well...mostly the Transatlanticism kind of together) Since 12/2013

CR-1:

Married in Sweden 8/2017
(Well Frontloaded) I-130 Sent 12/2017
CR-1 Approved 10/2018
POE LAX 01/11/2019

I-751:

I-751 Package Sent with UPS 11/11/2020
I-751 Received by the AZ Lockbox 11/13/2020
I-751 Check Cashed 12/31/2020
I-797 (with My Last Name Misspelled...) Received by Mail 1/2/2021

Biometrics Appointment Received by Mail...too bad I am in Europe right when it's supposed to take place 🤯 6/14/2021

Rescheduled Biometrics Appointment, the biometric technician can't change the misspelled name on file, but he enters the correct spelling of my last name as an alias 8/2/2021

Interview Ready to Be Scheduled 10/13/2021

(Two Days Later) Interview Was Scheduled 😱 10/15/2021

I-751 Interview, Petition Approved 🥳 11/19/2021

Case Status Changed to New Card Is Being Produced 11/19/2021

Case Status Changed to Case Was Approved 11/22/2021

Green Card Arrived in the Mail (Name Correctly Spelling, w00t) 11/27/2021

When USCIS Misspells Your Name:

Typographical error form filled on USCIS website 1/4/2021
Contacted USCIS if there has been any progress since THEIR error (Received a Tier 1 tracking number) 2/6/2021
Contacted USCIS again as the issue remains to be resolved (Received ANOTHER Tier 1 tracking number) 3/12/2021
Apparently USCIS chat is worthless; CALLED USCIS, Tier 1 agent promised that a Tier 2 agent would call me 4/28/2021
Received a call from a nice Tier 2 officer who said I may or may not get a correct extension letter, but just in case I would be scheduled an InfoPASS appointment 5/4/2021
Went to local USCIS service center and had to deal with a nasty and entitled customer service agent who refused to give me an I-551 stamp. National Benefits Center is supposed to mail me another I-797 within 7-10 days... So I had to waste my day, taking buses for two hours one-way just to deal with this lady's attitude? 5/7/2021

After anxiously monitoring our mailbox for a few days I DID receive a corrected I-797, w00t! All documents good to go Vaccinated Ready to visit my parents in Europe for the first time in 17 months!!  5/13/2021

The lesson: Don't use the chat for anything complicated, AND keep hassling USCIS for a response...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.