joymaureene

Travelling to the Philippines with EAD/AP

40 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, joymaureene said:

ohh no ,. thats not good ☹️

thank you for your info

Best is to start the renewal for your passport. Do you plan to keep your maiden name or use your husband’s on the new passport? 

11 minutes ago, joymaureene said:

i think if your a philippine passport holder you can still travel going back to the philippines .

Hi! Even if you hold a Ph passport, it’s a general requirement to travel with at least 6 months validity. 

8 minutes ago, joymaureene said:

i want to use may married name because lots of my document are under by my married name .

It will be easy to renew your passport then. Just check with the Ph Consulate that has the jurisdiction for your state for the passport renewal requirements. 

2 minutes ago, joymaureene said:

ohh okay .. maybe better to renew my passport before travelling

Yep that’s the best way. 

2 hours ago, Jujusmom said:

It will be easy to renew your passport then. Just check with the Ph Consulate that has the jurisdiction for your state for the passport renewal requirements. 

Yep that’s the best way. 

For ROM purposes it has to be the Consulate that has jurisdiction where you got married. You can still have your passport renewed in your maiden name without doing ROM with no issues in regards to doing that 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

is that gonna affect my travel for example im going back the philippines using my maiden on my passport and airline ticket  while my Advance parole is under by my married name ?

3 hours ago, joymaureene said:

is that gonna affect my travel for example im going back the philippines using my maiden on my passport and airline ticket  while my Advance parole is under by my married name ?

No, but make sure you have a copy of your marriage certificate.

Finally done.

16 minutes ago, joymaureene said:

hello im back again :)

Is it Okay if i stay philippines for 90 days with my EAD/AP ? when i enter US is that gonna be a problem ?

No, not for 90 days.  Bear in mind that you run the risk of having biometric and interview appointments while you are out of the country.

Finally done.

6 hours ago, joymaureene said:

how long do you think it gonna take before they mail interview schedule? my I-485 application received USCIS June 2019 

Did you really send your AOS application in June 2019 and you still don't have interview schedule? If this is the case, it's awfully slow.

Because I sent my AOS in September 2019 and I interviewed in March 2020 for my greencard. I've had my greencard for a year now.

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

Apr 23, 2024: CEAC website shows "Paid"

Apr 25, 2024: Uploaded Civil and Financial documents

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

May 3, 2024: Ordered marriage certificate and death certificate from PSA online

May 9, 2024: Received email from PSA that marriage cert is blurred/eligible--will need 15 more days for reverification

May 22, 2024: Marriage Cert received from PSA (death cert was delivered 2 weeks earlier)

May 23, 2024: Uploaded new files to the CEAC website

May 29, 2024: Documentary Qualified

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.