Rol_P

Are we Lost In The System?

25 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Hilde said:

This is very frustrating indeed and I am very sorry to hear about this. I have an attorney myself, but honestly, I´ve found VJ.com to be much, MUCH more helpful.

For the future NVC calls, try calling them right before they open or right at closing times - there is a higher chance of getting connected to a human then, as there are lower call volumes. Also, try using Skype or something similar for cheaper phone call rates.

Good luck!

I wish I had found the website sooner! In one day alone the help that I have had form you guys have helped me move something that has been sat hidden for 12 months.

Attorneys are apparently going to deal with it first thing this morning so I am hoping that it will get things up and moving again pretty quickly.

Luckily I found that for £10 a month my cellular provider will give me unlimited calls abroad to 55 countries but yes, I will be doing it earlier next time!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, Rol_P said:

I wish I had found the website sooner! In one day alone the help that I have had form you guys have helped me move something that has been sat hidden for 12 months.

Attorneys are apparently going to deal with it first thing this morning so I am hoping that it will get things up and moving again pretty quickly.

Luckily I found that for £10 a month my cellular provider will give me unlimited calls abroad to 55 countries but yes, I will be doing it earlier next time!!

The good news is that you found this website. It could have been 24 months instead of 12...

As for the attorneys... definitely complain and have it documented (email?) that they messed up. But don´t let this get the best of you. You still have a ways to go in the process...

This all requires a lot of patience. 

7 minutes ago, Hilde said:

The good news is that you found this website. It could have been 24 months instead of 12...

As for the attorneys... definitely complain and have it documented (email?) that they messed up. But don´t let this get the best of you. You still have a ways to go in the process...

This all requires a lot of patience. 

Definitely it could still be sat there and nothing happening which would be even worse.  I'm hopeful that at least it might mean an interview in the next 6 months.  Better than the time frame of nothing in nothing that was previously going to happen!

I will be waiting to get things moved along again, we've complained a few times.  Sadly even had a second one check out the theory who agreed with the first!

As you say, it is what it is.  The NVC categorically said what the issue was that needed fixing and that it was the ONLY one with the application.  Back to waiting (but with better news soon hopefully)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, Rol_P said:

Definitely it could still be sat there and nothing happening which would be even worse.  I'm hopeful that at least it might mean an interview in the next 6 months.  Better than the time frame of nothing in nothing that was previously going to happen!

I will be waiting to get things moved along again, we've complained a few times.  Sadly even had a second one check out the theory who agreed with the first!

As you say, it is what it is.  The NVC categorically said what the issue was that needed fixing and that it was the ONLY one with the application.  Back to waiting (but with better news soon hopefully)

Following your approval (DQ), you may want to do a quick search on how to request an expedited interview. You will need to write an email and have a good reason. It´s worth trying to see if you may fall under one of the categories that they will approve. The worst that can happen is that they say "no" and you stay in the same place in line.

Cheers!

3 minutes ago, Hilde said:

Following your approval (DQ), you may want to do a quick search on how to request an expedited interview. You will need to write an email and have a good reason. It´s worth trying to see if you may fall under one of the categories that they will approve. The worst that can happen is that they say "no" and you stay in the same place in line.

Cheers!

Awesome, I'm making a note of that option now and will search once we get to that stage!

3 hours ago, Rol_P said:

What has actually happened is that the 2018 W2/1099 tax transcript is missing form the upload section for the financial details.

Unfortunately, because your lawyers waited for too long that the tax year has changed, you may be asked to submit the 2019 tax transcript as well.  If your interview is scheduled after April 15th, you may also need to bring to the interview the 2020 tax transcript and an updated I-864.

7 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Unfortunately, because your lawyers waited for too long that the tax year has changed, you may be asked to submit the 2019 tax transcript as well.  If your interview is scheduled after April 15th, you may also need to bring to the interview the 2020 tax transcript and an updated I-864.

All of that can be sorted if required.  First step is to get the thing moving forward again.  

I can only go with what the guy said last night to do for it to be accepted.  Hopefully the joint co-sponsor has all their stuff together OK.  I will also have to get new police records and sorted as well as these lapsed.

Attorneys tell me that I have to take all of that with me and that they cannot amend anything once it's attached.  I could well be heading back here though soon enough though to figure it all out with you guys' help!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hilde said:

This is very frustrating indeed and I am very sorry to hear about this. I have an attorney myself, but honestly, I´ve found VJ.com to be much, MUCH more helpful.

For the future NVC calls, try calling them right before they open or right at closing times - there is a higher chance of getting connected to a human then, as there are lower call volumes. Also, try using Skype or something similar for cheaper phone call rates.

Good luck!

Using lawyers is just a waste of time at most times.

Thanks to all who had input, got a notification email from NVC about 4 hours after uploading the W2 that it is all accepted and they will be working on getting an interview date.  So onto the next stage of waiting!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.