DavideT

Request for Further Evidence

22 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, ra0010 said:

It might be the officer working on his case working remotely. While I did not have to send it to a particular person, my RFE for GC came straight from FO because they were wanting to waive interview (and they did)

That’s great news!  Was this recent?  I couldn’t  figure it out from your timeline. 

Edited by Diane and Chris

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 hours ago, Diane and Chris said:

That’s great news!  Was this recent?  I couldn’t  figure it out from your timeline. 

It was April 2020

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 2/14/2021 at 8:35 PM, DavideT said:

Hi all,

I just received a RFE, due may 6th. So theres some time, but I'm both kind of annoyed and surprised AND worried lol.

What we sent with my I-751 (filed in june 2020) was 2 leases (from 2020 to 2021 of our new place) and our 2019 tax return. I didn't really add more because from my understanding (and what the lady interviewing us in 2018 said), tax return and lease should be more than enough for this petition. Regardless, my questions are as follows.

1- We are going to add the leases we had from 2018 to 2020, but before it's impossible (cuz I wasn't on the lease for reasons)... but i would imagine 2 extra years worth of lease would have a pretty decent impact no?

2- We are going to add the 2020 taxes... and send again the 2018 and 2019 taxes. We got married in 2017 (iirc right after he did taxes, or right before, so it wouldnt have mattered anyways, no?). I'm sure they have the 2018 tax return cuz i submitted it live at the interview, but again, since it was mentioned on the RFE resubmitting that year should still help?

3- My name is on the phone bill as well, but not much else... I think utilities are alongside rent and well, the internet its just at my own name. We have a shared bank account, but we use it mostly to move funds between us, not as much else, so it's dry most of the time. Not sure if it's worth including that? (though its been active since...2017 lol)

4- We have a couple of pictures taken over the years from 2/3 family trips and some selfies we take together every now and then, not sure how helpful those would be?

So yeah, i'm not quite sure what else could we submit, do y'all think 2 more years of lease and this year tax return and phone bill would be enough??? We're literally two boring ### dudes, too broke to have a mortgage or a car, not sure what else to provide :(

Not sure if I should start looking into an immigration attorney either. As i mentioned we're two broke dudes and if i could avoid that since ive done everything on my own, i'd rather to keep it that way!

Also, is it normal for the RFE to ask us to send evidence directly to someone and not one of the offices?

Sounds like you havent sent in sufficient convincing  supporting evidence. Follow the guide on visajourney.   There are many youtube videos by successful petitioners to get better idea what you should be sending.  

The question is how can you prove to a guy off the street your marriage is real and not con job?

Edited by poh

K-1 Visa Interview:

POE :

SS Application Sent:

2017-10-17, Approved!:D

2017-12-6

2017-12-12

Married:                      2018-1-8

SS Card Received:     2018-1-16

SS Application Sent(Name Change):  2018-1-17

AOS Application Sent:   2018-2-8

SS Card Received (Name Change):     2018-2-12

AOS Application Delivered:      2018-2-13

AOS Application Accepted:     2018-2-22

AOS NOA1 Received:       2018-2-26

AOS/EAP Biometrics NOA Received:   2018-3-2

AOS/EAP Biometrics Appointment:  2018-3-12

Interview Scheduled:       2018-7-6  

EAP/AP Card Received:    2018-7-19

Original interview Date :2018-8-24  (USCIS Rescheduled due to Hurricane):cry:

Rescheduled Interview Date :2018-10-2, Approved!!  :D

GC Received :             2018-10-18 :thumbs:

SS Card Update :         2018-10-19

SS Card Received:      2018-10-26

ROC

ROC Application Sent via FedEx:  2020-7-2

ROC Application Received :2020-7-6

Rec'ed Text, Case # Assigned : 2020-7-11

Check Cashed: 2020-7-13

NOA Received: 2020-7-22

Case Transferred : 2021-11-10

Biometrics Applied:. 2021-5-12😄

ROC Interview passed: : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400

Eligible to file for US Citizenship : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400 filed online : 2021-12-1🥳

Biometrics reused

Passed Interview  : 2022-4-27🥳

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi all,  sorry for no replies, but the snow in texas was...an issue.

I have read all the comments and all i can say is thank you! I have a few questions to ask though:

- Is it okay if i send a couple of months from this address (like the last 2 months) at this address, from the bank statement, and a couple from our previous address? (I hate to say it but we forgot to switch address on the bank site...since we do paperless everything, it didn't even register. We switched address on the Post office site and some other places but other addresses we completely forgot x_X).

- this years W2 have the same address which is great, but i was working 2 jobs and one of the jobs (the one im not working anymore at) has the wrong address (the previous place...lol where we STILL lived together since its one of the leases im going to send). Would that impact it negatively? I'm not even sure how i would explain the situation without just spelling out "im an absolute idiot because if i don't physically get mail from somewhere, I tend to forget to change address)

- I'm not even sure how it would work but would stuff like.. doordash/grubhub receipt work? Since they deliver food at the same place no?

- We don't have a joint lease for 2017 (even though we got married that year 😕 ) for reasons. How bad will it impact us do y'all think? ( i have 2018 thru 2021 though... )

Sadly, i tend to not really keep receipts from amazon or stuff like that, or i'd have a couple of gifts for my husband, new furnitures etc x_x

Also, i think i might re-send some of the old evidence as someone stated, since they might not have it all.

All in all, we should have:

- Affidavits from old roomates and family

- Internet bill at my name + utility bill at his name, paid at the same address

- 3 years of leases

- taxes for 2019 and 2020 (i can send 2018 too, but i wasn't working back then) (with W2s and the other documents attached)

- My husband's health insurance, of which i'm beneficiary 

- 5/6 new photos from 2019 and 2020 (Sadly 2020 wasn't exactly a great year to get out and travel lol...we were supposed to go to italy :( ) + resubmit a few from the first batch

- New IDs with our matching address

- couple of months of our singular bank statements + joint account.

Hopefully that's enough? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

There is nothing wrong with an old address on documents just indicate when you moved from one address to another. Provide USCIS a list of your address you lived at and the dates you lived at each with your spouse.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
37 minutes ago, da95826 said:

There is nothing wrong with an old address on documents just indicate when you moved from one address to another. Provide USCIS a list of your address you lived at and the dates you lived at each with your spouse.

Should i avoid providing an address i wasn't on the lease on? Lived there in 2017 and for a bit of 2018 before me and husband got our place, but i wasnt on the lease. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I don't see why not you lived there together with your spouse, if you have any evidence that you live there add it to the package, like old mail with you on the address, old IDs from the time you were there, or an affidavit that you lived there with your spouse or a letter from your old landlord or apartment manager indicating that you lived there with your spouse.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.