noname_no

January 2021 AOS Filers

23 posts in this topic

Us! We're adjusting from an L1, not a K1, but there are no tracking threads for January 2021 in the AOS from work/etc. visas that I saw. We had initially submitted last month, but we had to refile because he was out of the country (possible under the terms of his visa) when I submitted the packet. So we had to wait for him to come home, update financials, etc. Pain in the butt but I sent off the packet today. :) 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There's already a January 2021 thread in technically the wrong section. We filed again last week after trying to file late December, they sent it back with an incredibly vague message about it being filed incorrectly. Only possible issue I could find was forgetting to write the household size in the I-944 and possibly forgetting to write N/A in the income tax section for previous years on my I-864 (instructions said to write N/A if you didn't need to file taxes in previous years, which I didn't). Praying it doesn't get sent back a second time, no sign of my cheque being cashed or anything yet.

Edit: Haha, as soon as I post this I peak at my bank account and noticed a pending transaction from USCIS Chicago. Phew!

Edited by JacobP

15 minutes ago, JacobP said:

There's already a January 2021 thread in technically the wrong section. We filed again last week after trying to file late December, they sent it back with an incredibly vague message about it being filed incorrectly. Only possible issue I could find was forgetting to write the household size in the I-944 and possibly forgetting to write N/A in the income tax section for previous years on my I-864 (instructions said to write N/A if you didn't need to file taxes in previous years, which I didn't). Praying it doesn't get sent back a second time, no sign of my cheque being cashed or anything yet.

Edit: Haha, as soon as I post this I peak at my bank account and noticed a pending transaction from USCIS Chicago. Phew!

Congrats on the pending transaction! Should we all go join the thread in the wrong section? I feel like it's unlikely there will be a January thread in my neck of the woods so I'll tag along...

I remember you filing last month because I was tracking your timeline -- you had filed at almost exactly the same as we did. And we also had to refile, so I feel your pain! 

You can ask one of the mods to move that other January 2021 thread here since here is where it should have been created.  There are several people there.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

18 hours ago, noname_no said:

Submitted my AOS packet. Anyone here just filed this month?

That's great!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

21 minutes ago, arae said:

Submitting today! I live in Chicago so hoping it's delivered quickly.

Yeah get er done!

Citizenship Complete!

27 minutes ago, Agroko said:

Hi everyone submitted my package on Jan 22 2021, got delivered to USCIS Chicago office on Jan 25. Now I am playing the waiting game :) 

Welcome to the thread and congrats!

Citizenship Complete!

On 1/28/2021 at 11:20 PM, laylalex said:

Us! We're adjusting from an L1, not a K1, but there are no tracking threads for January 2021 in the AOS from work/etc. visas that I saw. We had initially submitted last month, but we had to refile because he was out of the country (possible under the terms of his visa) when I submitted the packet. So we had to wait for him to come home, update financials, etc. Pain in the butt but I sent off the packet today. :) 

Very good you are in the mix now!

Citizenship Complete!

On 1/28/2021 at 10:45 PM, laylalex said:

Congrats on the pending transaction! Should we all go join the thread in the wrong section? I feel like it's unlikely there will be a January thread in my neck of the woods so I'll tag along...

I remember you filing last month because I was tracking your timeline -- you had filed at almost exactly the same as we did. And we also had to refile, so I feel your pain! 

Why did you have to refile? I wonder how soon they get back to you in case anyone needs to refile since the G1145 notification could take a while and the NOA would take even longer? Correct me if I am wrong but I read somewhere that December AOS filers are not hearing anything back yet.

35 minutes ago, noname_no said:

Why did you have to refile? I wonder how soon they get back to you in case anyone needs to refile since the G1145 notification could take a while and the NOA would take even longer? Correct me if I am wrong but I read somewhere that December AOS filers are not hearing anything back yet.

I had to refile because my husband was out of the country when I sent off the packet. (Don't worry -- we're not K1, so he can come and go on the terms of his visa without AP.) When you send off your AOS packet, the applicant has to be in the country in order to adjust. I overlooked this -- he had just left to go to the UK for Xmas -- and as soon as I was made aware of this, I paused the credit card I used, and which hadn't been charged yet. (Small mercy that this happened over the holiday period and the sloooooow service was even slooooooooower.) Once he came home, we updated the forms and sent them off again. No charge on the credit card yet but I wasn't expecting that to happen. 

tl:dr -- I goofed and caught my goof before USCIS did!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey guys, hope your applications are coming along. Here’s my timeline:

- Jan 22 2021: shipped out packet to Chicago office 

- Jan 25 2021: Package delivered to USCIS office 

- Feb 16 2021: Account debited for application by USCIS 

- Feb 22 2021: Notification letters received in mailbox 

So in general, it took about 4 weeks from when my application arrived at their office for me to get the notification letters. I hope this helps those still waiting for theirs, to get a better estimate as to when they should be hearing back from USCIS.  I will provide more updates as I move along. 

12 hours ago, Agroko said:

Hey guys, hope your applications are coming along. Here’s my timeline:

- Jan 22 2021: shipped out packet to Chicago office 

- Jan 25 2021: Package delivered to USCIS office 

- Feb 16 2021: Account debited for application by USCIS 

- Feb 22 2021: Notification letters received in mailbox 

So in general, it took about 4 weeks from when my application arrived at their office for me to get the notification letters. I hope this helps those still waiting for theirs, to get a better estimate as to when they should be hearing back from USCIS.  I will provide more updates as I move along. 

TY for this timeline! I'm a K1 AOS Feb '21 filer with my spouse and I'm just being impatient! lol. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.