angeljolie

Do I schedule my own interview at USEM or wait for their email?

7 posts in this topic

Hi all! We have been approved for an expedite and CEAC now says "ready." Do I need to wait for USEM to send me something or should I go ahead and schedule our appointment? TIA!

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

22 minutes ago, angeljolie said:

Hi all! We have been approved for an expedite and CEAC now says "ready." Do I need to wait for USEM to send me something or should I go ahead and schedule our appointment? TIA!

They will schedule it for you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I didn’t realize before writing this that it doesn’t have Philippines on the list so maybe you will wait for the embassy! 

so in Israel I had to go to a website and register everything and then pick own interview date. 
https://ais.usvisa-info.com

Because we expedited it’s really weird. They pretty much do nothing for us and so I had to do it all. Including emailing them to make sure I was set for my interview. 

I just did this back at Christmas time. So it’s recent. They may have done things differently before Covid, but now it’s really awkward. Let me know how it goes! If you set an interview date, make sure to follow up with the Embassy afterwards :)

Im not seeing phillipines on there so you may have to wait, but for other people, there are a lot of embassies on here doing what Israel did. 😬😬🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ If someone looks to this thread for info, there is some good info for other places. Sorry I couldn’t be more help🙈

Edited by TampaRishon

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, angeljolie said:

Embassy will schedule the interview

Expedite Only!   NVC does not schedule your interview.  You will receive a letter/email from the embassy with your interview date and even a date/time for the medical at SLEC.  (New process as of 2/26/2020)   Expedites can no longer schedule their own interview.

Watch your CEAC status, once it shows READY means the embassy has your case file and will be completing your interview processing .. be patient.   

To check your current status click here > CEAC  
https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html   (there is contact info near the bottom of this page)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2021 at 11:46 AM, GEEPEECEE said:

Congrats! We were DQ also around the same time frame of yours and waiting for the interview date. HOw did you get your expedite?

We wrote to nvcexpedite@state.gov. I've heard of people sending their requests thru the NVC inquiry form. Good luck! 

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.