Guillaryi

DCF Frankfurt - Jan 2021

179 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ingg123 said:

How do you send i-130 form to frankfurt? Email or mail? 

After they approve your request by email, they will give you instructions and an address to mail the first packet to. You will need to send the approval email with the first packet.

Timeline
On 2/12/2022 at 9:15 AM, Kor2USA said:

You should ask this question in https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/152-military-immigration-related-discussion/

Do you want them to live with you in Germany? 

Yes 

On 2/12/2022 at 9:25 PM, rebeclyna said:

Yes. "USCIS may authorize the Department of State to accept a petition filed with a U.S. Embassy or consulate in other limited circumstances.  To request to file Form I-130 at the U.S. Consulate in Frankfurt, please send an email with proof of what the exceptional circumstance is to FrnUSCISInquiries@state.gov "

I sent them the email and i received the automatic reply , will they still respond me ? 

Hello everyone,

We have just received an email from the Consulate in Frankfurt allowing us to file our stuff via DCF. I am a German citizen and my husband is the US citizen petitioner. Reason for DCF is job relocation and urgency.

While  preparing the form and all supporting documents, I have been perusing this forum (so helpful!). I stumbled across posts, where people mentioned they are copying ALL the pages of the petitioner's passport. Is that really necessary? I have attached a screen shot of what the document we received from the Consulate states concerning the passport. Before I read the forum posts, I thought that a copy of the ID part would be sufficient.

These posts were quite old, however, which is why I thought I ask here.  

What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

Dorothea

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-16 um 12.00.29.png

Edited by USbound22
spelling

On 2/12/2022 at 9:25 PM, rebeclyna said:

Yes. "USCIS may authorize the Department of State to accept a petition filed with a U.S. Embassy or consulate in other limited circumstances.  To request to file Form I-130 at the U.S. Consulate in Frankfurt, please send an email with proof of what the exceptional circumstance is to FrnUSCISInquiries@state.gov "

Hi where do i pay for the fee $535 ? How do i do that 

thank you 

Timeline

My memory of payments is not great. I believe I got a US money order for the $535 and sent it in with the first packet. It will tell you on the instructions where to pay it.

On 4/5/2021 at 11:58 PM, Transatlanticism said:

I think I brought it but I don’t think it was needed. 
Also, I got all my original paperwork back at the end of the Interview. However, you need to leave your passport there so they can put the provisional visa in there. I will have my passport delivered tomorrow (i.e. a week later). 

All paperwork has to be original? Can it be copy?

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Ingg123 said:

All paperwork has to be original? Can it be copy?

You dont need to bring anything. I actually just brought my appointment confirmation and passport but they only needed the passport.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Ingg123 said:

Hi where do i pay for the fee $535 ? How do i do that 

thank you

U can ask friends or relatives from US to send you a check. But as for me, my husband came there first so he already had a bank account set up there and brought back the check to Germany when he got back to Germany. You can also try to ask from your German bank. You have to contact your German bank account for that

10 hours ago, rebeclyna said:

My memory of payments is not great. I believe I got a US money order for the $535 and sent it in with the first packet. It will tell you on the instructions where to pay it.

3 hours ago, cyndallita said:

U can ask friends or relatives from US to send you a check. But as for me, my husband came there first so he already had a bank account set up there and brought back the check to Germany when he got back to Germany. You can also try to ask from your German bank. You have to contact your German bank account for that

Note that the member you are responding to lives in Thailand, but for some reason thinks that they can apply for DCF in Germany.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.