melusine10

N-400 January 2021

376 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DC909 said:

Hey all,

I am officially done with my immigration process. I had my naturalization interview today, got approved, and had a same-day oath.

Appointment was at 1:15pm. My wife and I entered at 1:00pm and got our temperature taken and had the usual Covid screening questions. Once inside, we had to go to the second floor, turn in my appointment letter and wait to be called by an officer.

Officer called me in around 1:45pm. My wife and I both went, but he told my wife to wait outside. I politely told him that our interview letter says she needs to accompany me as it is a Combo interview. He said that he would only process the N-400 application as the I-751 was no longer necessary.

Once inside, I took the initial oath saying I will say the truth. He proceeded to have me show him my military card, green card, and government ID. Once he verified it was me, he had me take the reading test, and I had to read "Who elects Congress?"

Once that was done, he had me take the Writing test and I had to write "The People elect Congress" on the tablet. 

He then proceeded to ask me the civics questions. The 6 questions he asked were:

What is one promise you make when you become a US Citizen?

Why does the flag have 50 stars?

Who did the US fight in WWII?

The House of Representatives has how many voting members?

What do we show loyalty to when we say the Pledge of Allegiance? 

What did Susan B. Anthony do? 

He stopped after the 6th question.

One thing he did not ask me was which test I wanted to take. Technically I was supposed to choose between the 2020 and 2008 one, but he didn't ask. I was ok with it the 2008 one though because I studied for that one the most. lol

We then went over my application again and I had to change a few things that I accidently put wrong. I work for a University and I put that I was a student there. And the university that I was a student at, I put that I worked there. So that got fixed. 

He asked me if I still wanted a name change, and I told him yes. He then proceeded to process the name change and told me that my new name certificate would be given at the oath. 

Once I passed the civics test, he proceeded to asking me the yes or no questions. Be alert, he did ask me to define certain terms on the N-400 application. I am glad I studied definitions because they were part of my interview. He asked me to define communism, genocide, militia, and another term I cannot recall.

Once we went over the application, he said I had been approved. He told me I was still early enough to make it to the oath ceremony down below. 

I asked him what will happen to the I-751 application that was pending. He told me not to worry about it. He said that since I applied through military, my I-751 did not have to be approved for me to become a citizen.

I then left his office, my wife and I went downstairs to the oath ceremony room and I conducted the oath by myself.  My wife was allowed to see... just couldn't take pictures or anything.

After the oath I was given my Certificate of Naturalization along with the name change request. Overall, the process was nice and smooth.

Feel free to ask me any questions. 

Congratulations brother , happy to hear the good news .... your FO? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
17 minutes ago, HNZ91 said:

So glad for you , can’t wait to post a similar post like yours :)

Your time will come soon :) 

I-751

7/14/20 - Application mailed.

7/17/20 - Application received.

7/24/20 - Text notification received with a WAC number.
7/31/20 - 797 received. Printed on 7/26/20.

1/06/21 - Case transferred.

1/13/21 - Received transfer notice in mail.

1/21/21 - Biometrics applied.

1/26/21 - Received biometrics reuse notice in mail. 

2/11/21 - Called for an update on my case and was told file is in local office.

2/26/21 - Received interview notice. Printed on 2/22/21.

N-400 - Military Service Based

1/12/21 - Application submitted online; Application received.

1/13/21 - Received IOE electronic receipt notice via email; Biometrics walk-in; Case status changed to "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS."

1/19/21 - Received paper receipt notice in the mail.

1/22/21 - Received email from USCIS that a new receipt notice will be issued due to an error on the previous one.

1/26/21 - New receipt notice posted on my online account. 
2/01/21 - New receipt notice arrived in mail. 

2/19/21 - Case status changed to Interview scheduled.

2/22/21 - Interview notice posted on my online account.

2/26/21 - Received paper interview notice in mail.

3/16/21 - Biometrics Reuse notice posted online.

3/26/21 - Received biometrics reuse notice in mail. 

3/30/21 - N-400 approved; Same-day oath ceremony. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Greatdane11 said:

Congratulations brother , happy to hear the good news .... your FO? 

My office is San Bernardino, CA. 

I-751

7/14/20 - Application mailed.

7/17/20 - Application received.

7/24/20 - Text notification received with a WAC number.
7/31/20 - 797 received. Printed on 7/26/20.

1/06/21 - Case transferred.

1/13/21 - Received transfer notice in mail.

1/21/21 - Biometrics applied.

1/26/21 - Received biometrics reuse notice in mail. 

2/26/21 - Received interview notice. Printed on 2/22/21.

N-400 - Military Service Based

1/12/21 - Application submitted online; Application received.

1/13/21 - Received IOE electronic receipt notice via email; Biometrics walk-in; Case status changed to "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS."

1/19/21 - Received paper receipt notice in the mail.

1/22/21 - Received email from USCIS that a new receipt notice will be issued due to an error on the previous one.

1/26/21 - New receipt notice posted on my online account. 
2/01/21 - New receipt notice arrived in mail. 

2/19/21 - Case status changed to Interview scheduled.

2/22/21 - Interview notice posted on my online account.

2/26/21 - Received paper interview notice in mail.

3/16/21 - Biometrics Reuse notice posted online.

3/26/21 - Received biometrics reuse notice in mail. 

3/30/21 - N-400 approved; Same-day oath ceremony. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline
20 hours ago, DC909 said:

Hey all,

I am officially done with my immigration process. I had my naturalization interview today, got approved, and had a same-day oath.

Appointment was at 1:15pm. My wife and I entered at 1:00pm and got our temperature taken and had the usual Covid screening questions. Once inside, we had to go to the second floor, turn in my appointment letter and wait to be called by an officer.

Officer called me in around 1:45pm. My wife and I both went, but he told my wife to wait outside. I politely told him that our interview letter says she needs to accompany me as it is a Combo interview. He said that he would only process the N-400 application as the I-751 was no longer necessary.

Once inside, I took the initial oath saying I will say the truth. He proceeded to have me show him my military card, green card, and government ID. Once he verified it was me, he had me take the reading test, and I had to read "Who elects Congress?"

Once that was done, he had me take the Writing test and I had to write "The People elect Congress" on the tablet. 

He then proceeded to ask me the civics questions. The 6 questions he asked were:

One thing he did not ask me was which test I wanted to take. Technically I was supposed to choose between the 2020 and 2008 one, but he didn't ask. I was ok with it the 2008 one though because I studied for that one the most. lol

We then went over my application again and I had to change a few things that I accidently put wrong. I work for a University and I put that I was a student there. And the university that I was a student at, I put that I worked there. So that got fixed. 

He asked me if I still wanted a name change, and I told him yes. He then proceeded to process the name change and told me that my new name certificate would be given at the oath. 

Once I passed the civics test, he proceeded to asking me the yes or no questions. Be alert, he did ask me to define certain terms on the N-400 application. I am glad I studied definitions because they were part of my interview. He asked me to define communism, genocide, militia, and another term I cannot recall.

Once we went over the application, he said I had been approved. He told me I was still early enough to make it to the oath ceremony down below. 

I asked him what will happen to the I-751 application that was pending. He told me not to worry about it. He said that since I applied through military, my I-751 did not have to be approved for me to become a citizen.

I then left his office, my wife and I went downstairs to the oath ceremony room and I conducted the oath by myself.  My wife was allowed to see... just couldn't take pictures or anything.

After the oath I was given my Certificate of Naturalization along with the name change request. Overall, the process was nice and smooth.

Congratulations! Happy to hear it went well for you.

K1/AOS

27 December 2016 - K1 Visa granted!

15 June 2017 - POE Dallas-Fort Worth 

23 June 2017 - Civil Ceremony!

22 July 2017 - Church Ceremony

09 August 2017 - Mailed out I-485, I-765, I-131 Packets

14 August 2017 - USCIS received package

17 August 2017 - Text and email notifications

21 August 2017 - NOA1 hard copies received

01 September 2017 - Received biometrics appointment notice in the mail

13 September 2017 - Biometrics appointment

30 October 2017 - Approval for EAD/AP

03 November 2017 - Approval notices arrive in mail

06 November 2017 - EAD/AP combo card on hand!

12 April 2018 - AOS interview

13 April 2018 - Case Status Update - Card in production!

18 April 2018 - Case Status Update - Card is mailed to me

26 April 2018 - Baby boy born! :)

ROC

04 March 2020 - Mailed out ROC packet

13 March 2020 - Received text notification (SRC receipt number)

15/16 March 2020 - Received NOA1 hard copy

First/Second week of May 2020 - Fingerprints applied to case

23 June 2020 - New Card is Being Produced

24 June 2020 - Case approved

29 June 2020 - Received hard copy of approval notice

13 July 2020 - Card was mailed to me

16 July 2020 - Received new card in mail

Naturalization

18 January 2021 - Submitted N-400 application online

11 February 2021 - Biometrics reuse notice

15 March 2021 - Interview scheduled

12 April 2021 - Interview date :) 

12 May 2021 - Oath ceremony :)

I'm a US citizen! :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Is there any filer from Houston office here?

Thanks.

Month/Day/Year

F2A

Married on 10/08/2012

I-130 sent on 09/15/2013

Priority day is 09/16/2013

I-130 was approved on 11/15/2013

I did wait almost 2 years for my visa available to be able to send I-485.

AOS

I-485 and I-765 were sent on 05/29/2015

USCIS Received Date June 02, 2015 

A check of $1070 was cashed by USCIS Chicago on 06/08/2015

Biometrics Appointment on July 1st, 2015

EAD is approved on August 10th 2015 (73 days)

Received EAD card on August 19th 2015

Sent renew EAD on April 9th 2016

Got interview notice on March 30th 2016

USCIS received on April 11th 2016

Interview Scheduled on May 3rd 2016

Approved on the spot - Handed print out approval notice.

Received 10 years GC in hand on May 7th 2016

N-400 

Filed online on 02/02/2021

NOA online on 02/02/2021

Received NOA in mail on 02/10/2021

Reuse Biometrics NOA online 02/19/2021

Received  in mail Reuse Biometrics NOA on  03/01/2021

Interview Scheduled on 02/17/2022

Interviewed on 03/16/2022

Oath scheduled on 03/22/2022

Took Oath on 04/02/2022

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
48 minutes ago, codycody said:

Is there any filer from Houston office here?

Thanks.

You can search the forum for Houston filer, it will combine everyone filing in Houston. The newest pages will be closer to your TL.

Had the rescheduled interview today and got my certificate, yay! Thanks everyone on the thread for your help — very much appreciate it.

few notes:

— the Seattle filed office DOES NOT DO NAME CHANGES, PERIOD. Covid or not — they just don’t do that. So you ALWAYS need to do name change through the county court. Why this information is not publicly available is beyond my freaking belief. 
— they had technical issues with administering the oath as others reported. But I politely asked my officer to try again and said I have the time to wait if necessary. She agreed and after a while was able to make it work. So I don’t have to come back. 

thanks again everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline
On 3/30/2021 at 8:34 PM, DC909 said:

Hey all,

Congratulation! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline

Both my wife and I just had our interviews and passed it. We were called separetely by 2 different officers. The officer was nice and I had a great conversation with him after the interview.

I'm scheduled for an interview on Friday the 16th with my wife.

Overall it will 2 Months and 26 days from Applying to Oath  Ceremony

Alhamdoulilah

Thanks all and best of luck!!

Edited by BoyNgor

Timeline

Both my wife and I just had our interviews and passed it. We were called separetely by 2 different officers. The officer was nice and I had a great conversation with him after the interview.

I did the 2008 test with 6 questions. (i had to tell him that im going to take the 2008 test). My wife did not and ended up with the 2020 test answering 20 Questions lol.

I then had to read "Where is the white house".  he asked me to write " The white house is in Whashington DC"

He then asked my about voting if I was aware that I couldnt vote in the US. Which I told him yes, I knew that even before coming to the US. You cannot vote in an election you are not a citizen.

He then proceeded to tell me about weapons if I know what is a weapon. I told him its an object that can cause harm.

We then proceeded to my travel History. I have travelled 156 days in total since being a Resident. To which I have explained is due to my job who does business internationally.

Then proceeded to Yes and No questions.

I'm scheduled for an interview on Friday the 16th with my wife.

Alhamdoulilah

Thanks all and best of luck!!

7 minutes ago, BoyNgor said:

Oh, wait, your profile says you're in Florida. Maybe that's why. Though, I'm not sure if your experience reflects the Seattle field office (what this thread is about) or what's going on in Florida.

Regardless -- congratulations! 

Timeline
On 4/6/2021 at 3:00 PM, nikgon said:

Congratulations -- very exciting! 

How is it possible to be so quick? Is this after they raised the fees and did optimizations? I freaking waited for like 1.5 years after I applied in Nov 2019!

I dont know just feeling lucky!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

Hey everybody! I had my interview yesterday and passed. I was very lucky and got a jovial, very nice officer. Took the 2008 test, although he started with the 2020 but realized he was supposed to ask which one I wanted haha.

Anyway, after the interview I was told that since I hadn’t crossed the three year mark yet since I had permanent residency approved, my oath would be after that date (not that they were doing same-day ceremonies anyway... I’m in El Paso). My status quickly moved to in line for oath ceremony after the interview. 

Hoping to hear good news from everybody else here soon! 

K1/AOS

27 December 2016 - K1 Visa granted!

15 June 2017 - POE Dallas-Fort Worth 

23 June 2017 - Civil Ceremony!

22 July 2017 - Church Ceremony

09 August 2017 - Mailed out I-485, I-765, I-131 Packets

14 August 2017 - USCIS received package

17 August 2017 - Text and email notifications

21 August 2017 - NOA1 hard copies received

01 September 2017 - Received biometrics appointment notice in the mail

13 September 2017 - Biometrics appointment

30 October 2017 - Approval for EAD/AP

03 November 2017 - Approval notices arrive in mail

06 November 2017 - EAD/AP combo card on hand!

12 April 2018 - AOS interview

13 April 2018 - Case Status Update - Card in production!

18 April 2018 - Case Status Update - Card is mailed to me

26 April 2018 - Baby boy born! :)

ROC

04 March 2020 - Mailed out ROC packet

13 March 2020 - Received text notification (SRC receipt number)

15/16 March 2020 - Received NOA1 hard copy

First/Second week of May 2020 - Fingerprints applied to case

23 June 2020 - New Card is Being Produced

24 June 2020 - Case approved

29 June 2020 - Received hard copy of approval notice

13 July 2020 - Card was mailed to me

16 July 2020 - Received new card in mail

Naturalization

18 January 2021 - Submitted N-400 application online

11 February 2021 - Biometrics reuse notice

15 March 2021 - Interview scheduled

12 April 2021 - Interview date :) 

12 May 2021 - Oath ceremony :)

I'm a US citizen! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.