Thewander

Dublin, ireland interview

650 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Thewander said:

I’m in a Facebook group where we’re working on contacts and making immigrant visa interviews an essential service. Would you like to join that? Private message me your full name and I’ll find you on Facebook to invite you 

I don't use Facebook, oh well lol. Good luck with the fight!

👐

Patience......patience.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2021 at 12:00 AM, Thewander said:

I’m in a Facebook group where we’re working on contacts and making immigrant visa interviews an essential service. Would you like to join that? Private message me your full name and I’ll find you on Facebook to invite you 

I contacted my senator back in the states and they got in contact with the embassy. They sent me back the embassy’s snarky reply which basically they say they are not doing any interviews while in level 5 because they are trying to protect their employees. Basically they can open but they’d rather stay closed and get paid to do nothing.

Timeline
52 minutes ago, AMac13 said:

I contacted my senator back in the states and they got in contact with the embassy. They sent me back the embassy’s snarky reply which basically they say they are not doing any interviews while in level 5 because they are trying to protect their employees. Basically they can open but they’d rather stay closed and get paid to do nothing.

Aaahhhhh!! It enrages me!!! Six nations can go on, the super bowl, many places reopening yet they can’t do a short interview behind plexiglass glass and masks?? 

Hi,

DQ'd 11/19/2020 (after 18 months of expensive immigration torture). US citizen wife already gone back as had a job offer too good to refuse, currently extending my rent agreement and contract on a month-by-month basis pending the consulate opening... also have several job offers in the US which I cannot give any firm timeline to...

Have read every post on this thread, and while I unfortunately cannot offer any solutions or suggestions, I certainly feel a sense of pain shared. Incredibly frustrating that the GNIB amongst other entities can continue to operate but the US consulate is SO special that they shut up shop essentially indefinitely without any avenue for appeal.

I guess we just all have to hang in there and try not to lose our minds in the interim... I'll be watching this thread with interest for when things start moving again!

Timeline
7 hours ago, RobCunners said:

Hi,

DQ'd 11/19/2020 (after 18 months of expensive immigration torture). US citizen wife already gone back as had a job offer too good to refuse, currently extending my rent agreement and contract on a month-by-month basis pending the consulate opening... also have several job offers in the US which I cannot give any firm timeline to...

Have read every post on this thread, and while I unfortunately cannot offer any solutions or suggestions, I certainly feel a sense of pain shared. Incredibly frustrating that the GNIB amongst other entities can continue to operate but the US consulate is SO special that they shut up shop essentially indefinitely without any avenue for appeal.

I guess we just all have to hang in there and try not to lose our minds in the interim... I'll be watching this thread with interest for when things start moving again!

Solidarity, friend! Let's hope that March is the end of the Level 5's...🙏🙏🙏

👐

Patience......patience.

Timeline
9 hours ago, RobCunners said:

Hi,

We’re in a very similar situation  my husband lost his job here and has a job waiting for him in the states  I also have a job waiting for me there and nothing here  there’s a possibility I’ll start a masters program in august as well so I might have to go back with our two young children without him  the embassy is exactly that - lazy! And so rude, couldn’t care less they’re putting so many families under extreme stress. It angers me so much to only receive automated replies from them stating it’s for their safety. I just had a GNIB appointment and it was in a tiny room with two guards plus my husband and our kids. London is also doing interviews under their strict lockdown so there is no excuse! 

image.png

image.png

Timeline
On 2/12/2021 at 2:15 PM, RobCunners said:

Hi,

In almost exact situation here, I wonder if we will be able to get a slot this time. My sister in law waited for the longest time for us to attend the wedding in June and that doesn't seem to be possible anymore. I wish they would atleast conduct interviews so ppl can move to their home. Truly unfortunate. 

On 2/13/2021 at 6:58 PM, SIRE said:

In almost exact situation here, I wonder if we will be able to get a slot this time. My sister in law waited for the longest time for us to attend the wedding in June and that doesn't seem to be possible anymore. I wish they would atleast conduct interviews so ppl can move to their home. Truly unfortunate. 

Yeah, I think even a June travel date may be optimistic at this point. On the plus side, there are some very proactive people on the FB forums that are organising mass emailings etc. (some on this thread also), perhaps something will come of that. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, RobCunners said:

Yeah, I think even a June travel date may be optimistic at this point. On the plus side, there are some very proactive people on the FB forums that are organising mass emailings etc. (some on this thread also), perhaps something will come of that. 

Thanks for writing, can you please direct message / paste the fb link here? I found out from my family abroad that most of the US embassies are operating all across the world, slow, quite slow but they are still working.

Timeline
2 hours ago, SIRE said:

Thanks for writing, can you please direct message / paste the fb link here? I found out from my family abroad that most of the US embassies are operating all across the world, slow, quite slow but they are still working.

You can send me a message with your full name and I’ll add you to the FB groups if you’d like. 

On 2/14/2021 at 8:56 PM, RobCunners said:

Would anybody mind direct messaging me a link to the FB forums? Thank you!

Timeline
14 minutes ago, AMac13 said:

Would anybody mind direct messaging me a link to the FB forums? Thank you!

Message me your full name and I’ll add you into the groups 

Timeline
Just now, neca said:

Looks like we're stuck until May now! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳:cry:

Has it been confirmed?? I’m seriously ready to protest 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Thewander said:

Has it been confirmed?? I’m seriously ready to protest 

https://www.thejournal.ie/covid-restrictions-may-5359185-Feb2021/

👐

Patience......patience.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.