Thewander

Dublin, ireland interview

650 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, neca said:

They’ve been warned that ireland can’t afford to stay in a lockdown, experts have told them lockdowns don’t work, people are taking their own lives due to the stress, isolation does not work for humans. They should all be fired. 

Timeline

Has anybody got an email from Dublin Embassy yet? I rec'd an email notifying that they are aware of the situation and would only be able to proceed further once local conditions allow. I suppose L4 would only make things go further, and it said that priority is for spousal visas with those appointments which have been cancelled. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, SIRE said:

Has anybody got an email from Dublin Embassy yet? I rec'd an email notifying that they are aware of the situation and would only be able to proceed further once local conditions allow. I suppose L4 would only make things go further, and it said that priority is for spousal visas with those appointments which have been cancelled. 

Everyone I know received one but me. So I emailed the embassy asking why I didn’t receive one and only got an automated response. Now I’m even more worried. 

Timeline

Not sure if there's a timeline attached to sending out emails but I suppose if its across the board, everyone should get it sooner or later. But more importantly, if Ireland remains under level 5 until May, it will take another few months from thereon .. which means this year is looking dull too :( 

Timeline
21 hours ago, SIRE said:

I haven't received any emails either, been DQ'd since October with no set/cancelled interview date.

I've also not reached out to the Embassy yet. Are they where I should direct my polite disdain to? My understanding that it is the Embassy's directive that keeps them not having interviews, not the Irish govt's.

👐

Patience......patience.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, neca said:

I haven't received any emails either, been DQ'd since October with no set/cancelled interview date.

I've also not reached out to the Embassy yet. Are they where I should direct my polite disdain to? My understanding that it is the Embassy's directive that keeps them not having interviews, not the Irish govt's.

Yes I believe it is their call although they say they are following government guidelines 😪

USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

Timeline

https://ie.usembassy.gov/us-travel-restrictions/

We are back in the game!! good news that they are going to start scheduling extremely limited number of immigrant cases!!! fingers crossed

Timeline
9 minutes ago, SIRE said:

We are back in the game!! good news that they are going to start scheduling extremely limited number of immigrant cases!!! fingers crossed

Pls god! Have you heard anything from them?

USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

Timeline

I haven't, my wife just happened to randomly check the website for any status update, to be fair she does it every day, we have been waiting since last year. Hoping it'd happen soon. This is def a light of hope! 

If anyone hears something, please do post here. Thanks

Timeline
17 minutes ago, SIRE said:

I saw this and got an automated email from the embassy. But I don’t want to get too excited. Have you been contacted? Oh god I hope it’s true! I spoke with a student who has an F1 interview in mid March 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Thewander said:

I saw this and got an automated email from the embassy. But I don’t want to get too excited. Have you been contacted? Oh god I hope it’s true! I spoke with a student who has an F1 interview in mid March 

That's still some good news, I haven't heard anything yet. I really hope to hear something soon and get my medical done asap. 

At least it's confirmed the interviews are starting to get scheduled. Can I ask what was the content of automated email you rec'd? 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, SIRE said:

That's still some good news, I haven't heard anything yet. I really hope to hear something soon and get my medical done asap. 

At least it's confirmed the interviews are starting to get scheduled. Can I ask what was the content of automated email you rec'd? 

0E83D8F6-0D96-4C08-AEC0-BD2D064D9D05.png

23 minutes ago, SIRE said:

Has it been confirmed or are they just messing around? 

Timeline

Thanks for sharing the content, I am not a 100% sure what's going on. When I had initially rec'd the email it was from Dublin embassy yet the status says that the case is at NVC

In your case has it reached Dublin / status been updated?

Just trying to have an expected timeline :( 

Edited by SIRE

Timeline
11 minutes ago, SIRE said:

Thanks for sharing the content, I am not a 100% sure what's going on. When I had initially rec'd the email it was from Dublin embassy yet the status says that the case is at NVC

Our case is still at Nvc. I’ve requested for it to be moved to Dublin but they said it has to be requested. So I asked the embassy to request it from Nvc and they said the Nvc has to send it. They just keep sending me in circles. Is yours still at Nvc?

12 minutes ago, SIRE said:

You received an email from Nvc?

21 minutes ago, SIRE said:

8 minutes ago, Thewander said:

Our case is still at Nvc. I’ve requested for it to be moved to Dublin but they said it has to be requested. So I asked the embassy to request it from Nvc and they said the Nvc has to send it. They just keep sending me in circles. Is yours still at Nvc?

You received an email from Nvc?

SIRE, thanks for posting this, I have stopped checking the US embassy website as of a few weeks ago (watched kettle etc.)!!!!! Although I am no better off (DQ'd for IR-1 last 19/11/2020), this has made my day and given me some hope.

Thewander, I have gotten the same run around (think that Spiderman cartoon meme where they are all pointing to each other), the US consulate will indicate to the NVC (I think) when they are ready to process the paperwork in Dublin and then the NVC makes the interview appointment. I guess it is an easy out for them to refer queries to the other party... I also got that automated email from the US consulate (unsolicited) saying that they will review situation etc.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.