Hawaii1

"Ready Status" at US Embassy Manila

30 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Hawaii1 said:

Wow!  Your interview was 4 Nov?  Thats a long time to wait!!  Your case stayed in "Refused" from the date of your interview until 28 Dec?  

Would be less common for Philippines, not uncommon for Pakistan.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Hawaii1 said:

Wow!  Your interview was 4 Nov?  Thats a long time to wait!!  Your case stayed in "Refused" from the date of your interview until 28 Dec?  

Yes it was showing refused from date of interview till 28 December 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Would be less common for Philippines, not uncommon for Pakistan.

But now a lot of people getting visa in Pakistan within week without any AP .

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Hawaii1 said:

I think we should be seeing our cases flip to "Issued" in the next couple of weeks.....(I hope!).

Hope soon . Best of luck . Keep me updated. 

I will!  Please let me know if yours flips too.....

If I don't hear something by the end of next week, I will probably contact my Senator to see if they can get some answers/time frame when my case will be completed.  I will keep you posted....

1 hour ago, Voilet said:

But now a lot of people getting visa in Pakistan within week without any AP .

Really?  Funny that none of them post on VJ.

On 1/1/2021 at 4:18 AM, Hawaii1 said:

If I don't hear something by the end of next week, I will probably contact my Senator to see if they can get some answers/time frame when my case will be completed.  I will keep you posted....

Any updates yet? 

Yep....it turns out that they had put my wife in 221g status....without ever notifying her.  Her interviewing CO recommended approval during her interview (7 Dec 2020), but I guess when his boss....another CO reviewed her package on 16 Dec 2020, he put her in 221g status for not having a "police clearance" from Jordan (she was an OFW there for 8 year).  On 4 Jan 2021, the Embassy notified me that they required a Jordan Policy Clearance.  If you look at the Department of State reciprocity page for Jordan.....police clearance is "unavailable".  On 6 Jan 2021, they responded again saying that "they apology for the confusion" but needed a Jordan Certificate of Non-Conviction.  My wife went online (using the web site that was listed on the Department of State reciprocity page and was able to order it (the Jordan Ministry of Justice provided it in 3 hours by way of a PDF file to her e-mail)......very fast!.  We provided that (with her return passport and 221g letter) to the U.S. Embassy Manila (via 2Go delivery service) last Friday afteroon.  They should receive it on Monday.  Hopefully they will issue her visa next week.  

Timeline
On 1/1/2021 at 2:18 AM, Hawaii1 said:

𝙝𝙞 , 𝙢𝙮 𝙫𝙞𝙨𝙖 𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙪𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤𝙙𝙖𝙮. 𝙂𝙤𝙙 𝙞𝙨 𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.