David & Olga

US Embassy in Moscow - Still Closed

333 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Chauncey said:

Here's a link to the K1 Moscow embassy litigation if anyone on here would like to sign up. It's for anyone with an approved I-129F 

https://www.visalaw.com/k-1-moscow-mandamus-case-onboarding-information/

Are you going to join the suit??

Timeline
2 minutes ago, EmliS said:

I can see that there is a lot of discussion around K1 visas, and wondered if their priority is higher than CR1/IR visas? (those who are already married to the US citizen). Could someone clarify for me? Its just I'm not seeing alot of info for this visa category (CR1/IR). Of course, I hope that everyone gets their interviews scheduled as soon as possible, however! Thanks again.

Priority is about the same. I think generally there are just more K1 applied for than CR1/IR1 at this particular embassy. The litigation is for K1 because we have no opportunity to transfer our cases to other embassies so we are completely stuck in limbo

22 minutes ago, Caboose29 said:

Are you going to join the suit??

Already did

8 minutes ago, Chauncey said:

Priority is about the same. I think generally there are just more K1 applied for than CR1/IR1 at this particular embassy. The litigation is for K1 because we have no opportunity to transfer our cases to other embassies so we are completely stuck in limbo

Already did

Ah I understand! Thanks for that.... Good luck K applicants!

1 hour ago, Chauncey said:

Many people have tried

yes, tried and got denied because Poland is a shengen county and didn't process k-1 visas, but u should check out the new announcement.

On April 8, 2021, the Secretary of State determined that travel on an immigrant or fiancé(e) visa is in the national interest for purposes of granting exceptions under the geographic COVID proclamations.   Immigrant Visa processing posts may now grant immigrant and fiancé(e) visas to applicants otherwise eligible, notwithstanding these proclamations.

And I know a girl who wrote to them after this news and got a response from Warsaw stating that they agreed to accept her case.

Timeline
4 hours ago, EmliS said:

I can see that there is a lot of discussion around K1 visas, and wondered if their priority is higher than CR1/IR visas? (those who are already married to the US citizen). Could someone clarify for me? Its just I'm not seeing alot of info for this visa category (CR1/IR). Of course, I hope that everyone gets their interviews scheduled as soon as possible, however! Thanks again.

For cr/ir visa you can at least request a transfer to Poland or Kazakhstan. Bunch of people did it and everything was good

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Chauncey said:

Really? Within the last couple of days?

Can we page users here?  Look at Michael & Kate. They successfully transferred to Warsaw from Russia, although it was a couple of months ago I think. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Vero_nica said:

Yes, basically 2days ago.

They asked her where her documents are (consulate) and after agreed. So.. u can at least try:)

Thank you!!

3 minutes ago, Caboose29 said:

Can we page users here?  Look at Michael & Kate. They successfully transferred to Warsaw from Russia, although it was a couple of months ago I think. 

Who is michael and kate?

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Chauncey said:

Thank you!!

Who is michael and kate?

95A812E7-D9B7-4676-9A8C-783653F96E8C.png

Apparently they transferred late last year.  They started in Russia, and transferred to Poland.  I think they were the first to succeed.

Edited by Caboose29

9 minutes ago, Caboose29 said:

Apparently they transferred late last year.  They started in Russia, and transferred to Poland.  I think they were the first to succeed.

No, according to their messages they have a different situation. She has a Poland residency and was a plaintiff round 3

Edited by Vero_nica

Timeline
1 minute ago, Vero_nica said:

No, according to their messages they have a different situation. She has a Poland resident and was a plantiff round 3

I misunderstood. My apologies. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.