nykolos

NVC to Manila Embassy for K1 Visas

75 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/3/2020 at 4:30 PM, nykolos said:

This thread is for those awaiting on their K1 Visa that is either stalled at NVC or has been forwarded to the US Embassy in Manila, If you're one these lucky ones, please let us know.  

When I called NVC over 2 weeks ago, the rep stating the Manila Embassy will begin processing K1's very soon,  what "soon" means is any ones guess.  Help us take the guess work out by sharing your current status.  Thank you.

Case ready since January. Had two cancelled interviews (March and April)

Edited by thanachan13
Wrong info

Timeline
9 hours ago, Kitta&Owen said:

still no interview date?

my case is still at NVC, from what I hear it will remain there until the embassy opens back up. I figure when it moves I will hear something, so until then I will just sit and wait.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Kitta&Owen said:

So sorry! Praying it’ll be soon!! 

Thank you, I am just thankful my honey has a sense of humor and a lot of patience during all this mess

Timeline
On 12/3/2020 at 12:01 PM, PWB said:

We had CFO taken care of before interview.  But you can bet we made sure all the CFO stuff was still valid.  Now they are doing CFO via Video.

We tried doing CFO in August via online. They said we couldn't until we had Visa in hand. 

Timeline

I don't understand why the policies are always in  a state of flux in the Philippines.  We did CFO way before interview and were told once we got visa to return to CFO and  get passport stamped.  Then in December she  was told you did not need stamp, only the certificate of completion.  Which is what we did.  Now friends from her K1 Visa Facebook page say you now need stamp. Man the USEM put us thru 14months  of mistakes.  But we are on American soil now.  Can you believe that she cleared POE Houston in just five minutes and that included customs and baggage.  As far as travel went the only problem was in Manila and they made Covid test documentation  verification difficult.  Once out of Manila no one else (Dubai and Houston) even check for Covid  testing certification.   So very happy to put the Embassy and Manila games behind us.

Timeline

Tried setting an appointment at CFO earlier and they told us we need to wait for VOH, like wth. My application must have been picked up by a jack*ss worker there.

I don't know what the deal is with CFO but I think what they are doing is pointless. Just dissolve that office already. Gosh.

And yeah our petition is still at NVC

Waiting with you guys.

K1/K2

March 16, 2020 - sent I-129f to Dallas Lockbox via USPS

March 19, 2020 - USCIS received I-129f application

March 25, 2020 - got sms text from USCIS receipt notice NOA1

March 30, 2020 - received NOA1 hard copy

November 5, 2020NOA2 from USCIS Case Status Site

November 9, 2020 - received NOA2 hard copy

December 1, 2020 - got Case Number by calling NVC

March 18, 2022 - Case IN-TRANSIT

March 22, 2022 - Case READY

Timeline
8 hours ago, PWB said:

I don't understand why the policies are always in  a state of flux in the Philippines.  We did CFO way before interview and were told once we got visa to return to CFO and  get passport stamped.  Then in December she  was told you did not need stamp, only the certificate of completion.  Which is what we did.  Now friends from her K1 Visa Facebook page say you now need stamp. Man the USEM put us thru 14months  of mistakes.  But we are on American soil now.  Can you believe that she cleared POE Houston in just five minutes and that included customs and baggage.  As far as travel went the only problem was in Manila and they made Covid test documentation  verification difficult.  Once out of Manila no one else (Dubai and Houston) even check for Covid  testing certification.   So very happy to put the Embassy and Manila games behind us.

I feel you. Too much redtape and too many govt workers who don't know what the hell they're doing.

Edited by 0NI

K1/K2

March 16, 2020 - sent I-129f to Dallas Lockbox via USPS

March 19, 2020 - USCIS received I-129f application

March 25, 2020 - got sms text from USCIS receipt notice NOA1

March 30, 2020 - received NOA1 hard copy

November 5, 2020NOA2 from USCIS Case Status Site

November 9, 2020 - received NOA2 hard copy

December 1, 2020 - got Case Number by calling NVC

March 18, 2022 - Case IN-TRANSIT

March 22, 2022 - Case READY

Timeline

Hello,

This is an E-mail I received from the NVC:

Mon, Dec 14 at 11:57 AM

Dear Sir/Madam:

Due to COVID-19 concerns, the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General in [MANILA] suspended routine visa services. The National Visa Center will not forward K1 visa petitions to [MANILA] until they resume routine visa services. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate General will resume visa services as soon as possible, but they cannot provide a specific date. For the most up-to-date information about the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General's operating status, please visit their website at <https://usembassy.gov>.

We updated the mailing address for this case.  Please continue to notify the NVC of any change of mailing/email address, or change in personal situation that may affect the principal applicant's entitlement to a visa.

The NVC case number is xxxxxxxxxxx

You will be notified once this case is forwarded to the assigned US Embassy/Consulate General.

Kyla | Inquiry Management

Department of State CA/VO/DO/NVC

LDRM | DTSV | Contractor

DOS - National Visa Center

• 1 month later...
Timeline

I submitted a expedite request last week citing a serious health condition, I spent the month of January gathering documentation from Physicians and the ER to attach to the request, they got a lot.. I let you know what happens.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Expedite denied, apparently they didn't think my health condition was serious enough.. If I knew that it needed to rise to the level of being life threatening, I would have submitted that way... Will try again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.