nykolos

NVC to Manila Embassy for K1 Visas

75 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/3/2020 at 8:26 AM, flicks1998 said:

We did an expedite K1 interview today and was granted the visa.  The expedite was asked for in September and in October was scheduled for December 3rd.  It was given based off myself having a son in the Philippines.  

On February 24th, the letter from USEM was received to schedule the original interview but we never were able to do this since the pandemic came.  I think you are looking at a back up of cases since February/March as none of those or very few have completed interviews. 

Did it take a month for them to review your expedite request?

2 hours ago, Trompie said:

Did it take a month for them to review your expedite request?

Yes, right around a month, give or take a few days.  Once they did respond it was scheduled at the time 6 more weeks out.  Expedite sent around Sept 21, interview date confirmed around October 22 or 23 with the interview on December 3rd.

Edited by flicks1998

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Timeline

any idea what the duration is right now for NVC to Interview?  Is it about the same as waiting for NOA2, maybe longer?  could someone pls give me feedback so I have an idea.  Thank you! 🙂 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Cmptrsdeal said:

any idea what the duration is right now for NVC to Interview?  Is it about the same as waiting for NOA2, maybe longer?  could someone pls give me feedback so I have an idea.  Thank you! 🙂 

No one knows, Right now our only hope is that they start normal processing again at the Manila US embassy. Best case that will happen when NCR is finally moved to MGQC which so far has been rejected by the president.....

Jordan

7 hours ago, Cmptrsdeal said:

I know most K'1s who had their case get to the Embassy in Feb/March 2020 are still waiting for an interview.  There have been some expedite cases each month, but not alot.  Most of those filed their original I-129F's around July/August 2019. 

Edited by flicks1998

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Timeline
17 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

I know most K'1s who had their case get to the Embassy in Feb/March 2020 are still waiting for an interview.  There have been some expedite cases each month, but not alot.  Most of those filed their original I-129F's around July/August 2019. 

It's sad but I so greatly appreciate the update.  Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Cmptrsdeal said:

It's sad but I so greatly appreciate the update.  Thank you!

Hang in there.  Even though regular visa processing has been suspended for a year, it doesnt mean it will take one year to catch up with the backlog.  Ones who have had their K1 and CR1 interviews over the last 6 months or more have reported the interview goes very quickly, not more than 10 minutes actually.  Also, I would imagine the number of people who have been applying for K1s has also tapered off over the last year, it just make sense.  I would stay active in the Philippine's part of this board though as there are alot of people who can provide you timely information once things do pick up and possibly make you more efficient, especially in the medical, interview, CFO parts of the process. 

Timeline
On 3/3/2021 at 10:51 AM, Cmptrsdeal said:

Probably a long time. Especially for those newer filers. I would imagine if you filed anytime after March 2020, you are looking at least 1.5 - 2 years before you get an interview and maybe longer. We filed in December of 2019 and are still waiting. 

Edited by NoMansLand2020

Timeline

Good News.  After 8 months our NVC stats changed from AT NVC to READY.   Honestly, sometimes I didn't think it would ever happen.  I am excited that we are a little closer now.  I am praying that the Embassy starts scheduling interviews soon.  

Good luck to all those still waiting for this step to happen.  

Timeline
3 hours ago, FrogDS said:

Good News.  After 8 months our NVC stats changed from AT NVC to READY.   Honestly, sometimes I didn't think it would ever happen.  I am excited that we are a little closer now.  I am praying that the Embassy starts scheduling interviews soon.  

Good luck to all those still waiting for this step to happen.  

Did you expedite? 

Timeline
On 3/8/2021 at 2:30 AM, danskoya said:

got my NOA in October 2020 - looks like it will be a few more months before I receive the letter from NVC.

You won't get it until NVC sends your petition to the embassy. 

• 2 weeks later...

We filled in Oct 2019, and case was sent to Embassy at the beginning of March 2020.  The waiting is tough...

What has made it even tougher was the lack of transparency from the embassy.  So I'm glad to report that just last week they actually posted an update with real information about what they are doing.  Of course they can't say when they will resume full service, so most of us here are still kinda stuck.

You can read it here:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visa-update-consular-operations-visas-as-of-march-2021/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.