2,962 posts in this topic

Timeline
9 minutes ago, muffinmaker18 said:

Thank you. Because I think I read a thread or something that someone applied 3 mos before and got rejected.. thanks a lot..

By apply for a citizenship you need to let them know that you are a vawa applicant by attaching your vawa approval notice in the package otherwise they might reject your application and tell you to wait until 5years 

50 minutes ago, sam012019 said:

that's pretty impressive to get faster than many who applied in 2018. 

Oh reaally?

and I thought I waited long.... :< 

I got a lawyer maybe that's why ?

09/2017 - Married US.C

02/2018 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

X?/2018 - Interview, went BAD! 

01/2019 - lawyer withdraw my GC-marriage case

01/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

03/2019 - EAD, AP approval

02/2021 - EAD C31 received

02/2021 - I-360 VAWA approved

2 minutes ago, sam012019 said:

does your case involve any police complaint or emotional abuse?

yes, 2 police reports and a restraining order

funny part is that HE called cops on me! And they took him to jail!  (I am not the person to call cops...)

so actually he helped me build my case stronger

Edited by aguta

09/2017 - Married US.C

02/2018 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

X?/2018 - Interview, went BAD! 

01/2019 - lawyer withdraw my GC-marriage case

01/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

03/2019 - EAD, AP approval

02/2021 - EAD C31 received

02/2021 - I-360 VAWA approved

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline

He. I sent in September 2019 full package 

360.485.765 together same days.

got second prima facie in December 

I sent : My electric bill with both name . Our home insurance (everything with both name) statement and contract . Lease contract. Receipt for the rent apartment . My credit card statement and my ex was my cardholder and had separate card with his name . Every receipt when I made shopping. BJ shopping card ( he was cardholder) teacher ticket (booked online ) hotel  receipt when we spent time in vacation.

Jim membership statement . Phone statement .

many copied label  from Amazon with both name. Many felicitation from our friend and family members. 250 pictures.3 witness letter notarized. Report from hospital MRI and CT on my head and prescription from doctor (pain pill) psychologist report 13 page.  My history statement 15 page . I didn’t have police report because I was scared to call police that was reason I didn’t get it . 

question is : are those proof enough for my case? We lived together 18 month . I got my second prima facie but I already have depressed  again . I can’t wait anymore, I’m gonna go to my country and never come back . I’m waiting almost 16 month 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi Community,

Just a quick question - applying for EAD+AP renewal under (c)(9) - did anything change in the process / docs to submit since April last year or not ?
As I understand c9 applicants are not subject to a fee, correct ?

Thank you in advance!

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline
37 minutes ago, MariaX said:

Hi. my ex was citizen and I had tourist visa. 
I sent in September 2019 full package 

I sent : My electric bill with both name . Our home insurance (everything with both name) statement and contract . Lease contract. Receipt for the rent apartment . My credit card statement and my ex was my cardholder and had separate card with his name . Every receipt when I made shopping. BJ shopping card ( he was cardholder) teacher ticket (booked online ) hotel  receipt when we spent time in vacation.

many copied label  from Amazon with both name. Many felicitation from our friend and family members. 250 pictures.3 witness letter notarized. Report from hospital MRI and CT on my head and prescription from doctor (pain pill) psychologist report 13 page.  My history statement 15 page . I didn’t have police report because I was scared to call police that was reason I didn’t get it . 

question is : are those proof enough for my case? We lived together 18 month . I got my second prima facie but I already have depressed  again . I can’t wait anymore, I’m gonna go to my country and never come back . I’m waiting almost 16 month 

4 hours ago, trishytrish said:

They’re going to try in retail, they’ve never had a job in America before. 

Tell them to start filling out applications now, it takes some time for application and hiring process to be completed, and it honestly did not take long for my card to get here after approved, less than a week, I want to say but not more than a week. 

1 hour ago, MariaX said:

He. I sent in September 2019 full package 

Maria, I know the whole process is not easy, i have seen people who are 22 months in on here and still waiting, I am just 12 month in and I know how hard it is to have patience love. I know it is hard hunni, hell i check my tracking app 2 times a day sometimes, but take each day one at a time, you have prima facie, utilize the little blessings you have been giving while waiting for that big blessing to knock on your door. Don't be sad and don't lose hope, you have held on 16mths and I know you can hold on just a little longer. Sending you lots of love and hugs, your big moment is coming, and when it does, please come in here and celebrate with us. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, luminarc said:

Tell them to start filling out applications now, it takes some time for application and hiring process to be completed, and it honestly did not take long for my card to get here after approved, less than a week, I want to say but not more than a week. 

Yes you are right it sometimes takes less than a week 

3 hours ago, sheima said:

In this case you don’t have much time to get a I-360 receipt which can help you convince the officer to put your I-485 on hold, but you can write a letter to let them postpone your marriage  interview, that way you will have enough time to get your vawa receipt, you don’t have to wait until you get all the evidence that you need to file your vawa, they will send you RFE if they need more evidence, so file it now 

I though USCIS can now reject applications if you do not attach all the required document, and it is at their discretion to send RFE?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.