2,962 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Klein said:

Good evening guys

Just want to share my happiness.

I started my vawa journey on Oct of 2018. 

They issued an RFE this year for good moral character and good faith marriage.  I was approved last aug 2020.

Had my AOS interview last Nov 18 of this year.

They just asked me basic demographic data and yes or no questions. It only lasted 15 mins. Ended up with my case being reviewed. Since I left in that room Im anxious to know what the result is.

Im obsessing with refreshing the web browser in my phone to uscis check status.

Today i Got this.

Thank you so much for all the help and suggestions.  This forum is truly God send.

Excited for this new chapter in my life.

20201216_165823.jpg

Congratulations dear so happy for you😊

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Klein said:

Good evening guys

Just want to share my happiness.

I started my vawa journey on Oct of 2018. 

They issued an RFE this year for good moral character and good faith marriage.  I was approved last aug 2020.

Had my AOS interview last Nov 18 of this year.

They just asked me basic demographic data and yes or no questions. It only lasted 15 mins. Ended up with my case being reviewed. Since I left in that room Im anxious to know what the result is.

Im obsessing with refreshing the web browser in my phone to uscis check status.

Today i Got this.

Thank you so much for all the help and suggestions.  This forum is truly God send.

Excited for this new chapter in my life.

20201216_165823.jpg

Congrats 🗽🇺🇸

15 hours ago, sandranj said:

I am so sorry for your loss, but I wrote last time that you could go to Infopass to get an emergency advance parole, if you submitted already the l131 , the Uscis issues the emergency advance  parole within 1 hour.

How to go for infopass as we can’t make infopass appointments online anymore

1 hour ago, HoustonVAWA said:

I feel a little bit confused. When we get the green card from I-485 based on VAWA, do we have to wait for another 3 years to become an American citizen? How will this work? (Spouse was an American and got divorced already)

Yes, 3 years if the abusive spouse/(step)parent is a US Citizen. 5 years in all other cases (abusive LPR spouse/parent or abusive USC child). The clock starts as of the day your I-485 is approved. You can file N-400 up to 90 days before the 3 year anniversary.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

2 hours ago, Demise said:

Yes, 3 years if the abusive spouse/(step)parent is a US Citizen. 5 years in all other cases (abusive LPR spouse/parent or abusive USC child). The clock starts as of the day your I-485 is approved. You can file N-400 up to 90 days before the 3 year anniversary.

Thank you very much for the explanation!!! @Demise

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.