From_CAN_2_US

Is Nebraska Service Center considered fast or slow currently when it comes to i130 processing?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have been trying to find this information, and getting conflicting results. From posts on this site, it appears that Nebraska Service Center has a bad rep of being slow even as recently as 2019. However when I look at the official processing times posted on USCIS website, it appears to be one of the faster centers currently.

I was wondering what is the current opinion among other members? Also what would be a good source for this information?

I am asking specifically for i130 processing for a spouse of US citizen (spouse living abroad).

PD means Priority Date

39 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

does anyone know if filing i-129F has worked recently (circa mid 2020) to speed up i130 processing?

See the following:

On 10/26/2020 at 4:42 PM, Duke & Marie said:

you can file K3, it’s free, and doesn’t hurt but know they are very rare and the whole “loop hole” thing that people talk of has pretty much been closed...

Edited by HRQX

53 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I have been trying to find this information, and getting conflicting results. From posts on this site, it appears that Nebraska Service Center has a bad rep of being slow even as recently as 2019. However when I look at the official processing times posted on USCIS website, it appears to be one of the faster centers currently.

I was wondering what is the current opinion among other members? Also what would be a good source for this information?

I am asking specifically for i130 processing for a spouse of US citizen (spouse living abroad).

Processing times fluctuate all the time, cases are often transferred, and what was a previously 'slow' center can suddenly speed up, and vice-versa.  

Timeline

It's fairly fast. We were there, and we were told it would take at least a year...we submitted our application online, it took only 6 months. For some applying at the same time, took even a bit less. 

Keep in mind it changes all the time, so take all this with a grain of salt.

Edited by T&S_MTL

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
On 11/19/2020 at 7:34 AM, T&S_MTL said:

It's fairly fast. We were there, and we were told it would take at least a year...we submitted our application online, it took only 6 months. For some applying at the same time, took even a bit less. 

Keep in mind it changes all the time, so take all this with a grain of salt.

Did your NOA 1 come from Nebraska or did it show another service center? 

Edited by Artelle2019
Took out some words

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Artelle2019 said:

Did your NOA 1 come from Nebraska or did it show another service center? 

It was from Nebraska. Some people have their application transferred and try to find where it is all the time, but this is seriously a waste of time and energy 😅 Patience is key 🙂

Edited by T&S_MTL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.