emekus94

I-751 November 2020 filers

1,453 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Marla W said:

Hello Emekus, can you apply for a job with just your DL and a expires GC? My DL won’t expire with my GC. 
and what does having a SS restricted looks like? Mine doesn’t seem to say anything like that.

thank you 

Hi there

so usually, most jobs want two verifications of identity and PROOF of authorization to work

for citizens, the passport works

for immigrants, it’s usually the Green card and like anything else (SSN, license)

can u apply with an expired green card? Technically I’ll say no (but someone with experience correct me) since many abandon their green cards.

once ur NOA comes, the NOA extends the green card. So u can apply with the expired green card and the NOA.

if u came into the country with like a K-1, the SS restriction has the words “not authorized to work”

it’s basically to say someone came in legally but cannot work. In that case, the Person will need to show an EAD or GC to have the socials valid. If u have one of those, once u get a GC, just go back to SS office and get a new one without those words. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, RS_ said:

Yeah! It's definitely something! It's obvious based on our google spreadsheet that they literally have not touched any ROC applications since 12/17. I called USCIS today and no updates! I'm going to give it until 1/8 then might consult with an attorney. They told me to call them back when it's getting closer to GC expiring within 30 days, i said that would be literally next week! Haha. It sucks that there is no communication from the lockbox facility. The last stakeholders message from them mentioned 30 days of receipt notices which is obviously not what's going on! 

Hey-

What did the person u got say?

like they can’t see ur file in the system? Or they refused to talk to u?

am wondering what’s going on. Because it is getting out of hand at this point

like they can’t possibly expect people’s lives to be on hold like this

and have us debating what if’s on VJ 🤣

Edited by emekus94

Timeline
4 hours ago, Jorald02 said:

If your Green Card expires during the process of your application, the USCIS give us 18 months of extension using it as long as you have the NOA1 on hand that prove your in process of your application.Thats what the USCIS agent told us. 

NOA is the key

issue being too many are waiting for it with no end in sight 

20 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Hey-

What did the person u got say?

like they can’t see ur file in the system? Or they refused to talk to u?

am wondering what’s going on. Because it is getting out of hand at this point

like they can’t possibly expect people’s lives to be on hold like this

and have us debating what if’s on VJ 🤣

They were very nice as always and said there’s nothing on the system! Then started telling me to call them closer to my GC expiration date. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
53 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Hi there

so usually, most jobs want two verifications of identity and PROOF of authorization to work

for citizens, the passport works

for immigrants, it’s usually the Green card and like anything else (SSN, license)

can u apply with an expired green card? Technically I’ll say no (but someone with experience correct me) since many abandon their green cards.

once ur NOA comes, the NOA extends the green card. So u can apply with the expired green card and the NOA.

if u came into the country with like a K-1, the SS restriction has the words “not authorized to work”

it’s basically to say someone came in legally but cannot work. In that case, the Person will need to show an EAD or GC to have the socials valid. If u have one of those, once u get a GC, just go back to SS office and get a new one without those words. 

Thank you for all the time you give answering and keeping this chat going wit so much helpful information!

I came with a B1/b2 visa, Mine says valid just with DHS authorization, is that the restriction?. I have my EAD but I don’t think I ever used it, I don’t even remember where I placed it, or did we give it back when we applied for the GC? I really don’t remember 🤦🏻‍♀️I want to start looking for a job  this coming week but my GC expires in the 01/16. 
So, do I still have to go to SSN office to get that restriction off my SSN?

3 minutes ago, Marla W said:

Thank you for all the time you give answering and keeping this chat going wit so much helpful information!

I came with a B1/b2 visa, Mine says valid just with DHS authorization, is that the restriction?. I have my EAD but I don’t think I ever used it, I don’t even remember where I placed it, or did we give it back when we applied for the GC? I really don’t remember 🤦🏻‍♀️I want to start looking for a job  this coming week but my GC expires in the 01/16. 
So, do I still have to go to SSN office to get that restriction off my SSN?

I don't know the situation about your local SSA. I'm in CA and my local office doesn't accept appointment for lifting restriction on SSN card. They do accept application by mail in along with GC. But the chances to lost the GC in mail or during the process is pretty high at this time, so there is a dilemma.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Movedin2004 said:

Spoke to a USCIS level 2 officer. he said it is taking about 40 days for them to open application and cash the check. He said the lockbox has been quarantining packages for ~15 days due to COVID.

UUUGH! Despite the fact the CDC already stated Covid doesn't live on surfaces. They're grasping for excuses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, AOSjuly said:

I don't know the situation about your local SSA. I'm in CA and my local office doesn't accept appointment for lifting restriction on SSN card. They do accept application by mail in along with GC. But the chances to lost the GC in mail or during the process is pretty high at this time, so there is a dilemma.

Yes I don’t think I will risk it!

1 hour ago, Movedin2004 said:

Spoke to a USCIS level 2 officer. he said it is taking about 40 days for them to open application and cash the check. He said the lockbox has been quarantining packages for ~15 days due to COVID.

No way!! How convenient this 2 weeks happened to be holidays 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m sorry for my bitterness!! Might be truth but who knows 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, Movedin2004 said:

Make lot of sense to me. Covid is the excuse , lmao

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ras Ous said:

Make lot of sense to me. Covid is the excuse , lmao

Exactly! Covid has been "disrupting" businesses and lives since March in the US. Only since September has the NOA gone from the normal 15 day processing to 30+. They can stuff their lame excuses. I'm not buying it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Want to share on of my friends' experience.

- He sent his package on November 5th.

- Received by USCIS November 10th

- Check was cashed December 15th.

- His GC expired 12/14 

- He finally received his NOA in the mail yesterday, December 29th.

It looks like it took 45 days from the received date to process the application. Received date on NOA it's November 10th, Notice Date is December 15th.

N-400/Naturalization application

Spoiler

·         10/30/2019 - Filed N-400 Online - Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed

·         10/31/2019 - NOA 1 dated October 30 available online

·         11/02/2019 - Status Changed to Biometrics Appointment Was Scheduled

·         11/04/2019 - NOA 1 dated October 30 in the mail

·         11/04/2019 - Biometrics Appointment notice dated November 1 available online

·         11/08/2019 - Biometrics Appointment notice dated November 1 in the mail

·         11/21/2019 - Biometrics Appointment

·         11/21/2019 - Status Changed to Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

·         12/30/2019 - Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled

·         12/31/2019 - Interview notice dated December 30 available online

·         01/06/2020 - Interview notice dated December 30 in the mail

·         02/06/2020 - Interview at local USCIS Office - APPROVED

·         02/06/2020 - Status Changed to Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

·         02/12/2020 - Status Changed to Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

·         02/13/2020 - Naturalization notice dated February 12 available online

·         02/18/2020 - Naturalization notice dated February 12 in the mail

·         03/11/2020 - Naturalization Ceremony - US CITIZEN!

·         03/11/2020 - Status Changed to Certificate Of Naturalization Was Issued

US Passport application

·         03/11/2020 - Applied for US Passport at local USPS with expedite service

·         03/16/2020 - Received email that Application is In Process

·         03/17/2020 - Check was cashed

·         03/23/2020 - Received email that Application is Approved

·         03/26/2020 - Received the Passport Book in the mail

·         03/27/2020 - Received the Certificate of Naturalization in the mail

33 minutes ago, alexpop13 said:

Hi Everyone,

Want to share on of my friends' experience.

- He sent his package on November 5th.

- Received by USCIS November 10th

- Check was cashed December 15th.

- His GC expired 12/14 

- He finally received his NOA in the mail yesterday, December 29th.

It looks like it took 45 days from the received date to process the application. Received date on NOA it's November 10th, Notice Date is December 15th.

Yup. Anyone that sent their applications and it was received up to the 12th, they ended up having their checks cashed around the mid December period. Anything 11/13 and higher is not moving though sadly. Day 48 now for me and nothing still. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.