emekus94

I-751 November 2020 filers

1,453 posts in this topic

On 12/11/2020 at 5:03 PM, franco_chisco18 said:

FA54C1B8-0BBE-4382-92A6-6B0D9CDD9937.thumb.jpeg.a77b9e97ded05cb82f13614f50f05238.jpeghey guys I call USCIS and finally got some good news!! They give me My receipt number  SRCXXXXXXXXX, Application was received on 11/2 my check has not been cashed yet, but I have a question. When I use the USCIS case tracker app and put in my receipt number, it says my case was received on December 2nd.I thought  was going to say the day they put my case in the system.

Hi , did your money order get cashed out ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
5 hours ago, MariaUSA90 said:

I think it was just assumed that it was the N/A thing. But since @Fmert001 didn't get the rejection letter yet. We don't know for sure if it was the N/A. I wouldn't worry too much until we know more 🤷‍♀️ 

If they give you a receipt number, does it not mean your application was filed correctly?

I put “N/A” EVERYWHERE in our application. Each blank space has one. I became obsessed with it after reading about the people who had their apps rejected because they left blank space which didn’t apply to them. Yet just today we got our receipt number, and they said our check will be cashed.

So I finshed printing and signing, checking rechecking my resubmission around 7pm. Right after I went t to FedEx to discover that they can't ship to P. O. Boxes. A bit of surprise to me but at least I purchased nice yellow envelope to send my package in it tomorrow by USPS. Any advice what shipping method should I choose? I'm thinking to send by Priority Mail Express. I'm not sure about certified mail who's gonna sign it if it's PO Box?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Ravos said:

So I finshed printing and signing, checking rechecking my resubmission around 7pm. Right after I went t to FedEx to discover that they can't ship to P. O. Boxes. A bit of surprise to me but at least I purchased nice yellow envelope to send my package in it tomorrow by USPS. Any advice what shipping method should I choose? I'm thinking to send by Priority Mail Express. I'm not sure about certified mail who's gonna sign it if it's PO Box?

How about UPS? USPS is so back logged and unorganized....I wouldn't chance it. I am surprised about Fed Ex not shipping to a PO Box. Plenty use it 

2 hours ago, Ravos said:

There is a different filing address for Fedex, UPS, and DHL for I-751 stated in the website as follow:

U.S. Postal Service (USPS): 

USCIS 
P.O. Box 21200 
Phoenix, AZ 85036 

FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries: 

USCIS 
Attn: I-751 
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
Suite 100 
Phoenix, AZ 85034

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ravos said:

You can use FedEx and UPS to send your package. The USCIS website gives you a different address should you choose private companies (those can’t deliver to "Post Office boxes"). Just use a two-day delivery method, and don’t forget to use certified mail with signature request. But I agree with everyone: USPS has lost three of my Amazon purchases just in the last week, so you might be better off using a private service. Those poor USPS people are seriously understaffed and underfunded to handle the December surge.

3 minutes ago, dnyal said:

You can use FedEx and UPS to send your package. The USCIS website gives you a different address should you choose private companies (those can’t deliver to "Post Office boxes"). Just use a two-day delivery method, and don’t forget to use certified mail with signature request. But I agree with everyone: USPS has lost three of my Amazon purchases just in the last week, so you might be better off using a private service. Those poor USPS people are seriously understaffed and underfunded to handle the December surge.

That’s exactly what I’m thinking priority mail 2-day guarantee no signature. I believe I have no choice USCIS gave me specific address P.O. Box in the rejection notice. I lost multiple packages too after Black Friday. I need to start doing yoga or something to calm my nerves.

16 minutes ago, dnyal said:

No signature because it can cost possible delays from what I read on other forums. Or should I do it? Seems a better proof that I sent it than just tracking. I’ll continue researching I have 7 hours before post office opens.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Ravos said:

No signature because it can cost possible delays from what I read on other forums. Or should I do it? Seems a better proof that I sent it than just tracking. I’ll continue researching I have 7 hours before post office opens.

You’re right: if they gave you a specific address in the notice of rejection, then do as they say. Use USPS in that case to deliver your package to a P.O. Box. Now, it’s up to you if you want to add a signature request upon delivery. It is useful in case that something happens and they say they never received anything. We used signed delivery for this package and always have for all the packages we’ve ever sent them (K-1, AOS), and we haven’t seen any delays. It’s just the person who picks up the stuff from their P.O. Box signs off on it; I don’t see how might put a delay on your case. And when I called earlier today to USCIS asking about my case (filed in early November but had not gotten any sort of notice), the agent asked me twice what I meant with "delivered." I explained to him that I had sent our package via certified mail and I had signed proof that they received it. Then he went on their system and looked up our case.

48 minutes ago, Mauri22 said:

Update 

Received date 11/10/2020

Money order cashed today 12/15/2020

I didn’t put n/a at all on the form and they accepted 

I hope we get someone good like this, I am so worried now since we didn't even think about this and I do remember it from the earlier prior filings for adjusting :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.