emekus94

I-751 November 2020 filers

1,453 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 11/30/2020 at 7:13 PM, mamoyo said:

Well well well, it's that time of the year, yet again!

Sent and delivered yesterday, now the gut-wrenching wait begins! Good luck everybody!

Do you mean the Holidayssssssssssss?? hahha
Happy Holidays y'all

Welcome to the waiting bus.

11 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

expect something end of this week/early next week
Assuming the entire place doesn't go on a sabbatical with the holidays. ha

😅I have never dislike holiday this much. Holiday season means less office hours for them and longer waiting for us. Oh god, I have completely lost my mind on this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
1 hour ago, AOSjuly said:

Which extension number did u get to? I called up but couldn't get to the tier 1 coz the system said I have to have a case number.😅

Call 1-800-375-5283 and then when you get to the automated voice recording, say "schedule appointment", then "infopass". You should be redirected to a representative immediately. I tried that method a few times and it worked every time.

1 hour ago, RR&MJL said:

Call 1-800-375-5283 and then when you get to the automated voice recording, say "schedule appointment", then "infopass". You should be redirected to a representative immediately. I tried that method a few times and it worked every time.

Thanks! You are the best. Let me try it tomorrow altho I know it is impossible to get a positive answer but gotta try 😅

On 11/28/2020 at 9:32 PM, Nora S said:

We're in MA, and my suggestion is give it a try. It won't let you renew online, but you can get an appointment to go in person and talk to a human. My husband went in September with his GC (expires in March 2021), and they gave him a DL that's good for a year! He thinks it might be a combination of Covid-extensions and also the RMV employee not giving a , but definitely worth a try.

I was really surprised that it worked, because they would not budge an inch when he tried to get a learner's permit while we were waiting for our AOS to go through. That was the worst.

Thank you! This is good to know. I am in MA as well with driver license expiring mid Dec - following my EAD end date, not GC end date. I was going to let it expiring and go in with USCIS extension letter once I got it. Now I may try to go in Dec with my Feb expiring greencard to see if I can get 1 year extension  @Alejandro_B Let me know if you have any luck. I will keep you posted as well!

Hey everybody  ...Please, how much fees and fingerprints for form i-751 I want to send my package tomorrow and I'm confused 680 $or 845 $

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Amina1999 said:

Hey everybody  ...Please, how much fees and fingerprints for form i-751 I want to send my package tomorrow and I'm confused 680 $or 845 $

If its just you then its still $ 680.00 in total

image.png.73772ff7a71c66e017d9528d1f374480.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
13 hours ago, Rhode Island MB said:

Thank you! This is good to know. I am in MA as well with driver license expiring mid Dec - following my EAD end date, not GC end date. I was going to let it expiring and go in with USCIS extension letter once I got it. Now I may try to go in Dec with my Feb expiring greencard to see if I can get 1 year extension  @Alejandro_B Let me know if you have any luck. I will keep you posted as well!

I’m lucky the lady at our local DMV got confused or something. I had read everywhere online that they give you a driver’s license that is valid up to the expiration date on your green card. However, when I got my DL, it came out with an expiration date 10 years from the issuing date. Maybe she didn’t know how to handle it as I live in a rural area in central Florida, and they might not get a lot of conditional green cards. Hopefully, this won’t cause any issues, although I don’t know if I should renew my DL once I become a citizen. Does anyone know if you need to get a new DL when you become a citizen or they remove your conditions?

13 hours ago, Rhode Island MB said:

@Rhode Island MB - I am in the same boat as you. I am in MA with a license expiring in Dec but GC expiring in Feb. I will be giving them a call to figure this out. Please do let me know if you have any luck with this. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, dnyal said:

I’m lucky the lady at our local DMV got confused or something. I had read everywhere online that they give you a driver’s license that is valid up to the expiration date on your green card. However, when I got my DL, it came out with an expiration date 10 years from the issuing date. Maybe she didn’t know how to handle it as I live in a rural area in central Florida, and they might not get a lot of conditional green cards. Hopefully, this won’t cause any issues, although I don’t know if I should renew my DL once I become a citizen. Does anyone know if you need to get a new DL when you become a citizen or they remove your conditions?

I Live in Florida too, it’s wasn’t a confusion, all Florida residents get a 10 year Driver License  independent of if you are a citizen or a resident. 

Edited by Mara Liceth

I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you ❤️

6A198021-A7C3-405C-A1FD-28C831D642CC.png

Timeline
2 hours ago, dnyal said:

That is incorrect. This is a state issue
In California for instance, if your GC is valid when you get a license, you get the same as everyone else. Expires on your birthday, not GC date
So always follow your state guidelines when it comes to things that are state specific like a license

Timeline

Dear November filers

(yes, am also losing my mind like the rest of y'all)
if you are newly joining us, please update our spreadsheet so we can keep track when USCIS finally decides to give us holiday gifts!

Happy waiting :D https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8qNTxz14bzeqOY0Pzk-F0NAWwB42Mr9ypfpwwgm1VU/edit#gid=0

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.