Jho369

IR-5 interview

62 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any update on parents petition cases waiting for interview date? Our cases were approved and sent to Vietnam in June. I don’t know where to check or call :( 

Thanks in advance

May 7, 2014 - I-130 sent to Chicago, IL Lockbox

May 12, 2014 - Case recieved at Chicago, IL.

May 13, 2014 - Case accepted. Received LIN#. Case forwarded to USCIS, Nebraska. i-797 hard copy received shortly after.

Ir5 is banned until next year. You won’t hear anything until next year.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

sometime in 2021, maybe

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

• 3 months later...

Services for all immigrant visas have been resumed at HCM city consulate. Can anyone give updates on their case? My parents’ cases got documentarily qualified last June. Wondering how long it will take until their interviews are scheduled.

• 3 weeks later...

My mom’s documents were approved last August. I check her case status every day and it still says At NVC

My and Truong
:) :D :star: :dancing: (L)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My mom's documents were approved last August.  I just received an email today with an appointment for April 16! Hope everyone will hear back soon!

I got the interview letter this morning. My mom was scheduled for 04/22. She got DQ’ed last August. Hope everyone get scheduled soon!

My and Truong
:) :D :star: :dancing: (L)

Timeline
On 3/19/2021 at 7:01 PM, HanhChi said:

My parents were documentarily qualified last June. Their interview date is April 9. Good luck to everyone’s parents! 

Good luck to your parents!  Would you mind sharing the interview questions once they're done?  I've prepared the following questions to go over with my mom but I'm still a little nervous since I won't be there with her.  I would appreciate everyone's feedback!

1. What is your son/daughter's name? Here I tell her to say both my maiden name and married name.  Is it an overkill?
  2. What is your son/daughter's DOB?
  3. What does your son/daughter do?
  4. Where does your son/daughter live? For this question, my mother already can pronounce my state alright, but I'm not sure if she has to learn the street address, which will be doable, but harder because it's all English.  Do they go to this level of details?
  5. When did your son/daughter go to the US and for how long?
  6. How did your son/daughter migrate to the US? Here I tell her to start with how I came on a scholarship, stayed for work, and then got married and settled there.  Is that too much? Should she just stop at me coming for school?
  7. When did your son/daughter get married? We held our ceremonies twice, one in the US and one in VN.  Should she say both or just one? If just one, which one?
  8. How did your son/daughter meet their spouse?  I'm not sure if they'll go as far as asking about my husband, who's not a co-sponsor (I'm sponsoring her myself), and things like what does he do for work, etc.
  9. When was the last time you went to the US? How long did you stay?
  10. Why do you want to migrate to the US?

Besides what the Consulate suggests to bring to prove petitionable relationship like old school records, household registration book, should my mom bring pictures with she and I in them? How far do I need to go lol?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 3/18/2021 at 11:00 PM, nhatquynhle said:

My mom's documents were approved last August.  I just received an email today with an appointment for April 16! Hope everyone will hear back soon!

August of 2020? What was your mom priority date?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
36 minutes ago, nhatquynhle said:

Hers was March 12, 2020

Thank. Our priority date is Oct. 2019 still haven’t heard anything yet. Hope I did it correctly...

Edited by TNguyen501

On 3/23/2021 at 8:46 AM, nhatquynhle said:

Good luck to your parents!  Would you mind sharing the interview questions once they're done?  I've prepared the following questions to go over with my mom but I'm still a little nervous since I won't be there with her.  I would appreciate everyone's feedback!

1. What is your son/daughter's name? Here I tell her to say both my maiden name and married name.  Is it an overkill?
  2. What is your son/daughter's DOB?
  3. What does your son/daughter do?
  4. Where does your son/daughter live? For this question, my mother already can pronounce my state alright, but I'm not sure if she has to learn the street address, which will be doable, but harder because it's all English.  Do they go to this level of details?
  5. When did your son/daughter go to the US and for how long?
  6. How did your son/daughter migrate to the US? Here I tell her to start with how I came on a scholarship, stayed for work, and then got married and settled there.  Is that too much? Should she just stop at me coming for school?
  7. When did your son/daughter get married? We held our ceremonies twice, one in the US and one in VN.  Should she say both or just one? If just one, which one?
  8. How did your son/daughter meet their spouse?  I'm not sure if they'll go as far as asking about my husband, who's not a co-sponsor (I'm sponsoring her myself), and things like what does he do for work, etc.
  9. When was the last time you went to the US? How long did you stay?
  10. Why do you want to migrate to the US?

Besides what the Consulate suggests to bring to prove petitionable relationship like old school records, household registration book, should my mom bring pictures with she and I in them? How far do I need to go lol?

Sure! I will share their experience here once the interview is done. I think your list of questions looks good! Photos of you and your mom is a good way to prove the relationship, so she definitely should bring some to the interview.

1 hour ago, TNguyen501 said:

Thank. Our priority date is Oct. 2019 still haven’t heard anything yet. Hope I did it correctly...

Our priority date is October 2019 as well. Got documentarily qualified in June, 2020 and now scheduled for interview on April 9.

I just learned that CDC no longer allows the TB skin test for immigrant applicants anymore. So if it is possible, tell your parent(s) to have their medical exam done as soon as possible to avoid lengthy delay of visa issuance. My parents were told that the TB test would take about 9 weeks to come back. That delay doesn't affect the interview date (which will go ahead as scheduled) nor the result, but I think the consulate won't issue the Visa until they receive the test result.

Edited by HanhChi

Timeline
On 3/24/2021 at 11:25 AM, HanhChi said:

I just learned that CDC no longer allows the TB skin test for immigrant applicants anymore. So if it is possible, tell your parent(s) to have their medical exam done as soon as possible to avoid lengthy delay of visa issuance. My parents were told that the TB test would take about 9 weeks to come back. That delay doesn't affect the interview date (which will go ahead as scheduled) nor the result, but I think the consulate won't issue the Visa until they receive the test result.

Did someone from the IOM office tell them about the TB test? My mom had her medical done at IOM Ha Noi and she didn't say anything specifically about a test taking a long time to get the results back. 

Side bar: Did you submit the I-864s and supporting financial documents (tax returns, W2's, etc.) electronically? If so, are you planning on printing them out for your parents to bring to their interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.