Jho369

IR-5 interview

62 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, nhatquynhle said:

Did someone from the IOM office tell them about the TB test? My mom had her medical done at IOM Ha Noi and she didn't say anything specifically about a test taking a long time to get the results back. 

Side bar: Did you submit the I-864s and supporting financial documents (tax returns, W2's, etc.) electronically? If so, are you planning on printing them out for your parents to bring to their interview?

Yes, my parents had their medical exams done at IOM Hanoi as well. And it was there that they were told to do the test. It is a TB screening using sputum culture that takes 8 weeks to grow in order decide whether it contains TB bacteria or not. You may want to ask your mom again to make sure she has done the test. It is the TB screening method that has replaced the simple skin test since 2018.

Yes, I send copies of my tax documents to my parents. And I have just updated the package with my 2020 tax return, so they will be bringing all of them to the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, HanhChi said:

Yes, my parents had their medical exams done at IOM Hanoi as well. And it was there that they were told to do the test. It is a TB screening using sputum culture that takes 8 weeks to grow in order decide whether it contains TB bacteria or not. You may want to ask your mom again to make sure she has done the test. It is the TB screening method that has replaced the simple skin test since 2018.

Yes, I send copies of my tax documents to my parents. And I have just updated the package with my 2020 tax return, so they will be bringing all of them to the interview.

I called IOM Ha Noi and asked them to pull up my mom's records and they said they did all the tests required.  The way the nurse explained it to me sounded like when they scanned the bar code (I'm assuming the one on the DS260) it would show a list of exams needed for the applicant.  I wonder if the list of exams is different based on things like age.  I truly have no idea.  I looked at the paperwork they sent home with my mom and the exams they did on her were:  Medical examination, Mental health report, Gonorrhea, Chest X-ray, Vaccinations, Syphilis.  No TB!

Yeah, same here. I submitted everything electronically but I'll be sending my mom my 2020 tax return since I didn't have it when I submitted the paperwork last year.  Better to have something and don't need it than need something and don't have it I suppose.  Best of luck to your parents! 

Edited by nhatquynhle

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, nhatquynhle said:

@HanhChi How did your parents' interviews go?

Hello Quynh,

Their interview went well. The IO asked several questioned, mostly about their previous stay in the US. He also asked about how I came to the US and about my sister, who also lives here as a permanent resident. That was basically it. The results of  my parents’ medical exam are still pending though due to the TB test. Therefore, they won’t be able to receive their visas until the consulate receive those results, which will take about two months from now. Good luck to your Mom! I think she won’t have any problem getting the visa as her medical exam is cleared.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
49 minutes ago, HanhChi said:

Hello Quynh,

Their interview went well. The IO asked several questioned, mostly about their previous stay in the US. He also asked about how I came to the US and about my sister, who also lives here as a permanent resident. That was basically it. The results of  my parents’ medical exam are still pending though due to the TB test. Therefore, they won’t be able to receive their visas until the consulate receive those results, which will take about two months from now. Good luck to your Mom! I think she won’t have any problem getting the visa as her medical exam is cleared.

Thanks a lot for sharing, and I'm glad it went well for them!  When the IO asked about the time they stayed in the US, how detailed were the questioned, if you don't mind sharing?

2 hours ago, nhatquynhle said:

Thanks a lot for sharing, and I'm glad it went well for them!  When the IO asked about the time they stayed in the US, how detailed were the questioned, if you don't mind sharing?

I actually didn’t talk to my parents about all the details though, just the big questions that they were asked. And I don’t think they will go into a lot of details unless there are concerns about fraud or misinformation. Just make sure your Mom has all the updated documents. 

Edited by HanhChi

• 3 weeks later...

Help Help Help!

I tried to pay the immigrant fee for my mom online. I entered the A- number and DOS number as shown in her visa, but it keeps saying “An Unexpected Error Occur”

Is there anyone have this issue?

Edited by My&Truong
My and Truong
:) :D :star: :dancing: (L)

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 4/27/2021 at 8:30 AM, My&Truong said:

Help Help Help!

I tried to pay the immigrant fee for my mom online. I entered the A- number and DOS number as shown in her visa, but it keeps saying “An Unexpected Error Occur”

Is there anyone have this issue?

Which fee are you referring to? You only need the case number and Invoice ID. 

9 hours ago, TNguyen501 said:

Which fee are you referring to? You only need the case number and Invoice ID. 

Immigrant Fee. It asks for DOS number and A#. My mom received her visa and she’s flying here today. USCIS recommends pay the immigrant fee before she arrives. I try every day, but still can’t pay for it. 

My and Truong

Timeline
1 hour ago, My&Truong said:

Immigrant Fee. It asks for DOS number and A#. My mom received her visa and she’s flying here today. USCIS recommends pay the immigrant fee before she arrives. I try every day, but still can’t pay for it. 

How much is it? I have done paperwork for a friend parent and only fees are Affidavit of Support Fee and IV fee to complete DS260 form. Other fees include medical exam and vaccination shots but that is all. They already got their visa and ready to got to the US soon. They didn't tell me of any other fee. I'm also doing paperwork for my wife parent and they are going to an interview on June 8. Did your mom need a covid test or anything before she could buy a ticket to fly? Just wondering.

Edited by TNguyen501

Just now, TNguyen501 said:

How much is it? I have done paperwork for a friend parent and only fees are Affidavit of Support Fee and IV fee to complete DS260 form. Other fees include medical exam and vaccination shots but that is all. They already got their visa and ready to got to the US soon. They didn't tell me of any fee. I'm also doing paperwork for my wife parent and they are going to an interview on June 8. 

$220. The fee she has to pay to get her green card. 

My and Truong

Timeline
6 minutes ago, My&Truong said:

$220. The fee she has to pay to get her green card. 

It worked for me. I just go to https://my.uscis.gov/uscis-immigrant-fee/enter-data

Used the A number from the interview appointment letter it is located at the bottom and the Case Number and It worked. I didn't receive any official letter since the friend didn't told me about it. 

2 minutes ago, TNguyen501 said:

It worked for me. I just go to https://my.uscis.gov/uscis-immigrant-fee/enter-data

Used the A number from the interview appointment letter it is located at the bottom and the Case Number and It worked. I didn't receive any official letter since the friend didn't told me about it. 

When I filled in those 2 number and clicked continue, this is what it shown. 

82E1D345-A33F-4258-8F12-BA128F229D91.png

My and Truong

9 minutes ago, TNguyen501 said:

May I ask which browser you use?

My and Truong

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.