Jaret&Rachael

K1 Montreal Police Certificate, Interview Refused

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello, a friend of mine had their interview done in Montreal on October 26th, 2020.

They had their visa refused because of their police criminal background check under the privacy act. The one they handed to the officer at the consulate said “Privacy act request type: Other.” It was not expired, and actually completed on October 10th, 2020.

To my knowledge, this is actually the correct one.

Has anyone else in Canada struggled with this? How did you resolve it? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Jaret&Rachael said:

Hello, a friend of mine had their interview done in Montreal on October 26th, 2020.

They had their visa refused because of their police criminal background check under the privacy act. The one they handed to the officer at the consulate said “Privacy act request type: Other.” It was not expired, and actually completed on October 10th, 2020.

Canadian regional forum might be a better place to get the answer 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the Canada forum, form K1 P&P - the topic is country specific.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Timeline

Did it meet all of the requirements as outlined here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Canada.html ?

If, for example, the request did not specifically include the RCMP National Repository holdings, it would not meet requirements.

Edited by jan22

Timeline
36 minutes ago, jan22 said:

Did it meet all of the requirements as outlined here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Canada.html ?

If, for example, the request did not specifically include the RCMP National Repository holdings, it would not meet requirements.

Would this be written on the police certificate ? I have the one with privacy act but does not mention anything else than :

Privacy Act Request (Provide Details)

And I remember mentioning it to the person at commissionnaires

Edited by T&S_MTL

On 10/28/2020 at 4:54 PM, Jaret&Rachael said:

did it look like this?
Haven't had my interview yet, but this in the one I had made in preparation

Canada-Police-check-Privacy-Act.jpg

*quick edit* not mine, but this is the one I found  on the forums when I went looking on what certificate to get

Edited by mochiswan

Timeline
On 10/28/2020 at 4:54 PM, Jaret&Rachael said:

I went last week to get a new one as mine was about to expire and what I received in the mail is completely different from what I got last year. It says other and RCMP national repository entire holdings which I think makes it the right one. 
However what is new is that your picture, your fingerprints appear and there is a stamp on the certificate.

So maybe that is what is needed now? 
I can’t say personally as I am still waiting for my interview but when I went to commissionaires the guy assured that that is what is now needed for immigration. 

I requested it on the 22 of October and was in my mailbox today so I assume it came in yesterday. 

Edited by MWhite

@MWhite

Oh no, then have I got the wrong one....? 😧
Is it possible for you take a pic of your certificate to show us? (WIth all sensitive infos blurred of course)
Mine that I got done at a local police station was the only one available (granted the lady had never done anything like this so we were both quite confused)

*quick edit again*

also odd that the requirements in the official website ( https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Canada.html )

states that no fingerprint should figure on it...?

rcmpcert.png

Edited by mochiswan

Timeline
9 minutes ago, mochiswan said:

@MWhite

Oh no, then have I got the wrong one....? 😧
Is it possible for you take a pic of your certificate to show us? (WIth all sensitive infos blurred of course)
Mine that I got done at a local police station was the only one available (granted the lady had never done anything like this so we were both quite confused)

*quick edit again*

also odd that the requirements in the official website ( https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Canada.html )

states that no fingerprint should figure on it...?

rcmpcert.png

I know...as I said this is what I got however I am not sure if it’s the right thing. The guy at commissionnaires did say they keep changing it. 

B85A122A-5321-483D-806E-168688CD1BE7.jpeg

On 10/29/2020 at 5:30 PM, mochiswan said:

did it look like this?
Haven't had my interview yet, but this in the one I had made in preparation

Canada-Police-check-Privacy-Act.jpg

*quick edit* not mine, but this is the one I found  on the forums when I went looking on what certificate to get

This certificate is good. People that had interview recently, even this week confirmed. They had same one.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, U2k said:

It has to be under privacy act. Looks like yours is not. I might be wrong

Probably. I did say that. 🤷‍♀️

I’m so exhausted with this. I’ve gone to get this 3 times now.

3 minutes ago, MWhite said:

Probably. I did say that. 🤷‍♀️

I’m so exhausted with this. I’ve gone to get this 3 times now.

I got it 3 times too :( last one I got( in October) it was the one that says other under Privacy Act, people that had interviews this week assured me that  is the correct one. IDK.... I have my interview in 2 weeks.

Edited by U2k

6 minutes ago, U2k said:

I got it 3 times too :( last one I got( in October) it was the one that says other under Privacy Act, people that had interviews this week assured me that  is the correct one. IDK.... I have my interview in 2 weeks.

Oh man, I wish you aaaaall the luck!

🤨 I do wonder what happened for the case of the people who got denied in OP's story then.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.