ColombianoGringo

Example of Bona Fide Affidavit

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi all,

Since my wife and I are just married, we don't have a lot of "bona fides" evidence and will have some people that know us write the letters stating that they know us and that we are truly married. Does anyone have an example of such a letter. If you do, could you please post an example? I know it isn't absolutely necessary but I figure it can't hurt.

Thanks a lot.

CG

Married: June 11, 2007 - San Andres Isla, Colombia

I-130

7/27/2007 - Sent I-130 Package to TSC*

7/30/2007 - Received by TSC

8/28/2007 - NOA-1 date - CSC

3/19/2008 - NOA2 date -CSC

I-130 held by USCIS for future AOS

I-129F

7/27/2007 - Sent I-129F Package to TSC*

8/30/2007 - NOA-1 - Fee waived

3/19/2008 - NOA2

4/3/2008 - Received by NVC

4/10/2008 - Received by embassy

4/11/2008 - Faxed packet 3 forms to embassy

4/30/2008 - Appointment date assigned

6/19/2008 - Appointment at Bogota Embassy - APPROVED!!!

No touches except when I called CSC directly to inquire.

8/28/2008 - POE Houston

Still being lazy and waiting to do AOS.

*I-130 and I-129F sent together to TSC per USCIS instructions.

Hi all,

Since my wife and I are just married, we don't have a lot of "bona fides" evidence and will have some people that know us write the letters stating that they know us and that we are truly married. Does anyone have an example of such a letter. If you do, could you please post an example? I know it isn't absolutely necessary but I figure it can't hurt.

Thanks a lot.

CG

Here's one!! For US but you can change it!

AFFIDAVIT OF PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP

I, __________, residing at _______________________________________,

Being duly sworn depose and say,

1. That I was born on _____________ at ______________.

2. That I am ____ years of age and have resided in the U.S. since _______.

3. That this affadavit is being submitted on behalf of the following persons:

____________________ & __________________

4. That this affidavit is being made by me for the purpose of assuring the U.S. government that the persons named in item 3 have a true and loving relationship that was entered in "good faith," and is not for the purpose of circumventing immigration laws.

5. That I acquired my knowledge of the relationship between the persons named in item 3 in the following manner:

__________________________________________________ ________

OATH OR AFFIRMATION

I swear (affirm) that the contents of this affidavit are true and correct to the best of my knowledge.

Signature of person making this affidavit: _______________________________

Subscribed and sworn (affirmed) before me this ____ day of _________, ____

at ________________________. My commission expires on ______________.

Signature of Officer Administering Oath _________________ Title ________.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi all,

Thanks a lot.

CG

Remember, they are asking for the bona fides of your relationship. Nobody is questioning whether you REALLY and TRULY got married. Your wedding certificate takes care of that. Unless you've had a long relationship others have observed, the meat of the affidavits are going to have to be something along the lines of "Yeah, we went to the wedding reception and they sure looked like they were eager for the honeymoon to start." or "Yeah, we had the room next to them at the hotel on their wedding night and heard the headboard banging half the night."

I suppose if I had done it, I would have had my daughters write about how they came over to my home and participated in a couple webcam sessions and we really seemed like we were in love.

USCIS isn't expecting much from newlyweds that have never even lived in the same country. They let the Consular Officers adjudicate the bona fides at interview. Remember, the I-130 is also used for people who met and married in the USA or while the USC was living abroad. They've lived together and have this kind of evidence available. Some of us don't and they understand that.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Thanks for the template.

We are having my wife's best friend and her brother write the affidavits. They have both been around every time I travel to visit my wife and have witnessed our relationship from friends to dating to marriage. Hopefully this will help somewhat. I am trying to put her on some of my accounts, but I don't think that will be done in time to send with the I-130 or I-129F.

Thanks,

CG

I-130

I-129F

3/19/2008 - NOA2

8/28/2008 - POE Houston

Thanks for the template.

We are having my wife's best friend and her brother write the affidavits. They have both been around every time I travel to visit my wife and have witnessed our relationship from friends to dating to marriage. Hopefully this will help somewhat. I am trying to put her on some of my accounts, but I don't think that will be done in time to send with the I-130 or I-129F.

Thanks,

CG

You can open a ITF [in Trust For] savings account without your wifes signature or her having a SSN. I got a ATM with the account and sent it her. Made for good evidence plus made it easy to get money to her.

Life insurance policys are fast and easy to get also.

More ammo the better!

Edited by beckypua

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Remember, they are asking for the bona fides of your relationship. Nobody is questioning whether you REALLY and TRULY got married. Your wedding certificate takes care of that. Unless you've had a long relationship others have observed, the meat of the affidavits are going to have to be something along the lines of "Yeah, we went to the wedding reception and they sure looked like they were eager for the honeymoon to start." or "Yeah, we had the room next to them at the hotel on their wedding night and heard the headboard banging half the night."

I suppose if I had done it, I would have had my daughters write about how they came over to my home and participated in a couple webcam sessions and we really seemed like we were in love.

USCIS isn't expecting much from newlyweds that have never even lived in the same country. They let the Consular Officers adjudicate the bona fides at interview. Remember, the I-130 is also used for people who met and married in the USA or while the USC was living abroad. They've lived together and have this kind of evidence available. Some of us don't and they understand that.

OMG lol thanks I needed that laugh!

Hi all,

Thanks a lot.

CG

Here's one!! For US but you can change it!

AFFIDAVIT OF PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP

I, __________, residing at _______________________________________,

Being duly sworn depose and say,

1. That I was born on _____________ at ______________.

2. That I am ____ years of age and have resided in the U.S. since _______.

3. That this affadavit is being submitted on behalf of the following persons:

____________________ & __________________

4. That this affidavit is being made by me for the purpose of assuring the U.S. government that the persons named in item 3 have a true and loving relationship that was entered in "good faith," and is not for the purpose of circumventing immigration laws.

5. That I acquired my knowledge of the relationship between the persons named in item 3 in the following manner:

OATH OR AFFIRMATION

I swear (affirm) that the contents of this affidavit are true and correct to the best of my knowledge.

Signature of person making this affidavit: _______________________________

Subscribed and sworn (affirmed) before me this ____ day of _________, ____

at ________________________. My commission expires on ______________.

Signature of Officer Administering Oath _________________ Title ________.

Wow! Great template.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Timeline

I don't suppose anyone has a version in Spanish. I speak Spanish natively and could translate it, but if someone else already has, that would be a time saver.

Thanks,

CG

I-130

I-129F

3/19/2008 - NOA2

8/28/2008 - POE Houston

• 6 years later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Zombie thread closed.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.