31 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, QueenBee83 said:

Interesting you say that never thought of that. Went I went to my interview they didn't have the results then either delayed by a doctors letter, so based on the ineligibility he told me about and the medical he gave me a form ticked with refused pending admin processing, told me not to worry too much. Guess I will find out Saturday when i pick up my passport, will let you guys know, thanks . 

If you have applied for US Visa and received 221g Administrative Processing for your case, you would have checked your visa status on CEAC website. When you check the status, you used to see status of “Administrative processing”, but that would have changed to “refused” from March 3, 2020. Many users have reported and its verified as well that most of the 221g cases status has changed to “Refused”, even when there was no real update on their ‘Case Last Updated Date’ or anything has changed. One key thing to note is the text under it has changed. It reads like below now.

“A U.S. Consular Officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application. For more information, please visit U.S. Consulate General <Consulate name>”

Pay close attention to the bold text, it tells that, if you were given Administrative processing, then it will be processed in administrative processing. 

You need to give this a little more time till they can sort out the K-1's who were delayed due to the c-virus. It seems to me your reading too much into this at this stage. More patience is needed on your part. @Wuozopo opine most directly addresses your situation as it pertains to London. Stay engaged and strong.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

@QueenBee83

A reminder concerning your passport when you get it back—

Check the expiration date and renew it if it’s getting close to expiration. You are required to have 6 months validity left when the visa is issued. With K1s being paused maybe until next year, you might need to renew now. UK passports are taking longer (like everything else) due to Covid. A new passport is not a problem at the London embassy, even if you started with another one.

When the embassy is ready to process your K1, they will need a new medical exam. If all the components are not expired, Visa Medicals in London discounts the redo. And if your previous medical had any shots missing, get on that and take updated records to your new medical.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

If you have applied for US Visa and received 221g Administrative Processing for your case, you would have checked your visa status on CEAC website. When you check the status, you used to see status of “Administrative processing”, but that would have changed to “refused” from March 3, 2020. Many users have reported and its verified as well that most of the 221g cases status has changed to “Refused”, even when there was no real update on their ‘Case Last Updated Date’ or anything has changed. One key thing to note is the text under it has changed. It reads like below now.

“A U.S. Consular Officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application. For more information, please visit U.S. Consulate General <Consulate name>”

Pay close attention to the bold text, it tells that, if you were given Administrative processing, then it will be processed in administrative processing. 

You need to give this a little more time till they can sort out the K-1's who were delayed due to the c-virus. It seems to me your reading too much into this at this stage. More patience is needed on your part. @Wuozopo opine most directly addresses your situation as it pertains to London. Stay engaged and strong.

Thank you so so much for your helpful response, your probably right i'm reading too much into it, whats crazy is, me and my fiance were both using CEAC wrong for months lol, we were checking under non-immigrant section under the AA number which just said no status for months, something told me yesterday to flip it and check under the case number too that is when my heart sank, so I wouldn't have known if it had of said refused all this time, so thanks for that

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Thank you so so much for your helpful response, your probably right i'm reading too much into it, whats crazy is, me and my fiance were both using CEAC wrong for months lol, we were checking under non-immigrant section under the AA number which just said no status for months, something told me yesterday to flip it and check under the case number too that is when my heart sank, so I wouldn't have known if it had of said refused all this time, so thanks for that, it also says what you said that an officer has reviewed and refused your application please refer to the form given at the interview, case last updated 13th oct, which tallys when i sent my SAR request in

Edited by QueenBee83

Timeline
5 minutes ago, QueenBee83 said:

Thank you so so much for your helpful response, your probably right i'm reading too much into it, whats crazy is, me and my fiance were both using CEAC wrong for months lol, we were checking under non-immigrant section under the AA number which just said no status for months, something told me yesterday to flip it and check under the case number too that is when my heart sank, so I wouldn't have known if it had of said refused all this time, so thanks for that, it also says what you said that an officer has reviewed and refused your application please refer to the form given at the interview, case last updated 13th oct, which tallys when i sent my SAR request in

121453828_257735252323095_2556582217410333520_n.jpg

27 minutes ago, QueenBee83 said:

Teaching moment:

Here's some tricks to use when answering and wanting to quote someone.

First, when you use the quote button, go into a LONG posts that you are quoting and if there isn't a need to have the entire post, just delete a small portion of it, but leaving enough of the original post so we can understand what you are replying to.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1krDA5e93LXA3JbzBl8Zo-pvBjpNlLJam/view?usp=sharing

Second, you can use the "@" sign in a blank reply box then begin typing the person's nick to bring up a list with their name and select their name. If it is done right, you should see a blue box around their nick like this @Greenbaum. When you use the @ sign you would use it in a blank reply and not a "+" reply.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MDRnqzVsqYuInL1iSIyuxaMOj52yDAxb/view?usp=sharing

Third is just to use the "heart" icon and select "thanks". Don't really need to say thanks in a quote. (using your example, you were making a comment and a thank you so the way you presented yourself is fine.  

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
39 minutes ago, QueenBee83 said:

Thank you so so much for your helpful response, 

@Greenbaum Thanks I was wondering lol.

I'm Picking my passport up tomorrow will Update.

2 minutes ago, QueenBee83 said:

@Greenbaum Thanks I was wondering lol.

I'm Picking my passport up tomorrow will Update.

Don't requote yourself. Just start the post/reply with @Greenbaum and you're good to go unless you are needing to quote the person then it's not necessary to use the "@" process, just use the "quote" link in their post. Best of luck to you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

UPDATE- Well guys guess my gut feeling was right, I was refused under the 212(a) act, basically them two cautions, however I am eligible to apply for a waiver, just means this is going to go on even longer and the appeal form is $930 alone that's without a lawyer on top which I think is wise in this case, absolutely gutted, so if anyone has any helpful tips on appealing this would be appreciated. 

Thanks for the Info and advice. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, QueenBee83 said:

UPDATE- Well guys guess my gut feeling was right, I was refused under the 212(a) act, basically them two cautions, however I am eligible to apply for a waiver, just means this is going to go on even longer and the appeal form is $930 alone that's without a lawyer on top which I think is wise in this case, absolutely gutted, so if anyone has any helpful tips on appealing this would be appreciated. 

I am so sorry to hear that.  😞 Why would they wait this far along in the process to decide this is a problem? Was this information included somewhere in the application? Why did they keep your passport so long?  I hope someone has some good suggestions for you.

Timeline

@LindaStewart My interview was last day of Feb, then towards end of March the pandemic worsened, but still they had four weeks to ask for my SAR and didn't but they did phone ACRO to confirm what i told them five days after my interview, so I don't know why they would leave it that long, I even got my SAR two weeks AFTER the interview so I have had it all this time,  but obviously the embassy's stopped doing visa processingK1 anyway, so we were left on the pile I guess for months.

Soon as services resumed they wanted to clear the backlog as quick as possible is my opinion, they got my sar last Monday I was refused by the Tuesday

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
5 hours ago, QueenBee83 said:

Really sorry to hear that. 

I am familiar with an attorney named Laurel Scott who specializes in waivers. Her website has some educational info that might help you learn more. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, QueenBee83 said:

@LindaStewart My interview was last day of Feb, then towards end of March the pandemic worsened, but still they had four weeks to ask for my SAR and didn't but they did phone ACRO to confirm what i told them five days after my interview, so I don't know why they would leave it that long, I even got my SAR two weeks AFTER the interview so I have had it all this time,  but obviously the embassy's stopped doing visa processingK1 anyway, so we were left on the pile I guess for months.

Soon as services resumed they wanted to clear the backlog as quick as possible is my opinion, they got my sar last Monday I was refused by the Tuesday

My fiance got his ACRO and SAR at the end of February. I guess they have expired  by now.  Will you be able to deal directly with the embassy? 

1 hour ago, LindaStewart said:

Will you be able to deal directly with the embassy? 

OP will have to file Form I-601 with USCIS: https://www.uscis.gov/i-601-addresses

I am...

Seeking an immigrant visa or a nonimmigrant K or V visa and I have been found inadmissible by a consular officer after my visa interview.

Mail the Form I-601 to:

USCIS Phoenix Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service:

USCIS
P.O. Box 21600
Phoenix, AZ 85036

For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:

USCIS
ATTN: 601/212 Foreign Filers
1820 E. Skyharbor, Circle S, Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85034

To request processing by a USCIS international office due to exceptional and compelling humanitarian reasons, please review the information about the exceptions to domestic filing is located on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov/i601centralizationexceptions (PDF, 78.82 KB)

Timeline
2 hours ago, LindaStewart said:

My fiance got his ACRO and SAR at the end of February. I guess they have expired  by now.  Will you be able to deal directly with the embassy? 

You can't deal directly with them no they will not answer any questions over phone if it's London one, only via a contact form on their site. 

The ACRO and SAR cannot expire, (actually not sure on the actual certificate )but if your not at interview stage yet my advice is to apply through ACRO for record deletion of applicable, takes 2-4 weeks to get a decision from the local police force where the offence occurred, then reapply for an acro certificate which will show no trace and give you both a better chance of acceptance. 

Edited by QueenBee83

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.