Claudette

Certified copy divorce

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I am asking this again with new information.

i got divorced in California, LA (beginning of this year) and I live outside of the US. I need a certified copy, with an apostille on it (legalized).I tried calling them and they told me it was not scanned yet (courthouse). I wrote a letter formally requesting it, still not archived.. I really need a certified copy. Now they scanned a document saying: Declaration - Clerk's Declaration Re: Search and Order to Deem Copy as Original. 

what does this mean and do you guys know any other options?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

you will have to see if there's a service that can do this for you, it might vary by state, for instance in New York there's people/companies that can handle this for you, it will just be expensive.

It will need to be on record before they can do anything though, you might be able to search for this if they have a ecourt type of system.

Filed: Timeline

https://www.lacourt.org/LDOS/UI/Faq.aspx

What if I received a message stating that my case has not been imaged?
There are two reasons for this message. If you have a case that was filed or had a court hearing on or after January 2, 2018, your case images may be available through Court’s Case Documents Images site (Click Here). If your case images are not available through the Divorce Judgment Document Order System or the Case Document Images site, send an email the ARCDocs@lacourt.org to request the Judgment to be imaged. In your request, provide the case number, names of the parties, year of the case, and contact information. You will be notified once your judgment has been imaged and is available for order through the system.

https://www.lacourt.org/LDOS/index.aspx is the page where you would order your copy.

It sounds like you attempted to get a copy and were told its not imaged (yet). Did you send your letter requesting it be imaged to the email above or did you mail it? According to the above once you request it to be imaged you will be notified when its available to get from the online system. Your message of  Clerk's Declaration Re: Search and Order to Deem Copy as Original seems to be related to the internal court process of the clerk making the documents official and able to be entered into the system where you can then get copies. 

You really need to speak with the clerk to find out where you are in the process of the documents being available for you to get through the online system. I would attempt to obtain it through the online system first. It may be available. If its not the message you got indicates its being worked on so maybe give it a few more days and try to order it again. If its still not available you can follow the directions above to request its imaged or contact the clerk 

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

https://www.lacourt.org/LDOS/UI/Faq.aspx

What if I received a message stating that my case has not been imaged?
There are two reasons for this message. If you have a case that was filed or had a court hearing on or after January 2, 2018, your case images may be available through Court’s Case Documents Images site (Click Here). If your case images are not available through the Divorce Judgment Document Order System or the Case Document Images site, send an email the ARCDocs@lacourt.org to request the Judgment to be imaged. In your request, provide the case number, names of the parties, year of the case, and contact information. You will be notified once your judgment has been imaged and is available for order through the system.

https://www.lacourt.org/LDOS/index.aspx is the page where you would order your copy.

It sounds like you attempted to get a copy and were told its not imaged (yet). Did you send your letter requesting it be imaged to the email above or did you mail it? According to the above once you request it to be imaged you will be notified when its available to get from the online system. Your message of  Clerk's Declaration Re: Search and Order to Deem Copy as Original seems to be related to the internal court process of the clerk making the documents official and able to be entered into the system where you can then get copies. 

You really need to speak with the clerk to find out where you are in the process of the documents being available for you to get through the online system. I would attempt to obtain it through the online system first. It may be available. If its not the message you got indicates its being worked on so maybe give it a few more days and try to order it again. If its still not available you can follow the directions above to request its imaged or contact the clerk 

I tried to send you a direct message it says that you can’t receive messages 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.