Linos

USCIS scanning of paper filed evidence

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello VJers,

I (beneficiary from Ireland) married a USC and we have just started our CR1 visa journey ❤️

We filed a paper i-130 CR1 petition on 09/15/2020.
We then received NOA1 and our receipt number beginning with IOE on 09/26/2020
Service center I believe is Potomac as it's on the hardcopy  (Nebraska is stated on the online case status)

When we got access to our online account I saw our petition was accepted. Under the documents tab I also saw our paper filed petition scanned and uploaded on 09/21/2020, the scan had a super long name that ended in part 1. What I did notice was the only evidence of a bona fide marriage that was included in the scanned version was our photos. None of the big wedding/holiday receipts, call/chat logs,  flight itineraries or boarding passes we sent were included in the upload they scanned. I thought this was odd but maybe the images are enough evidence for now? Wondering if any other paper filer noticed they left things out or they uploaded the rest eventually?

I then noticed our case status was touched on the 10/08/2020.

Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 12.58.43.png

Edited by Linos
typos

USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We are in the same boat, we also paper-filed the petition and got an IOE number. After getting the online access code and checking it. They have attached only few pages on call history to documents tab and it also shows a big file name ending with part 6. We provided them a lot of evidence including wedding pics, chats, wedding invitation, details of multiple trips together, financial docs etc. 

I request other fellow members of VJ to provide your experience and feedback as to what can be done before our case is messed up. 

Timeline

I had the same experience; paper filed, got an IOE number, only had a few pages in my "part 1." It didn't seem to affect things as we didn't get any RFEs and our case proceeded to the NVC stage without issue. I also had the case status date change in OP's screenshot, it didn't seem to mean anything from my end.

Hope this helps quell any anxieties a bit, it's really easy to overthink yourself silly with how esoteric this process seems (speaking for myself at least, lol). Good luck on your journey!

👐

Patience......patience.

Timeline
34 minutes ago, neca said:

I had the same experience; paper filed, got an IOE number, only had a few pages in my "part 1." It didn't seem to affect things as we didn't get any RFEs and our case proceeded to the NVC stage without issue. I also had the case status date change in OP's screenshot, it didn't seem to mean anything from my end.

Hope this helps quell any anxieties a bit, it's really easy to overthink yourself silly with how esoteric this process seems (speaking for myself at least, lol). Good luck on your journey!

Thanks for sharing your experience :)❤️ It definitely does as I was worried something went wrong with my application. Curious to know what of your evidence they did scan?

USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Linos said:

Thanks for sharing your experience :)❤️ It definitely does as I was worried something went wrong with my application. Curious to know what of your evidence they did scan?

Of all things it was my tax transcript--I had mistakenly followed the guide for AoS in the US and submitted the I-864 packet with the I-130. Considering it was completely irrelevant to the I-130 (I ended up redoing I-864, I had thought maybe they scanned it to send it to the NVC), I wouldn't be too concerned 😉

👐

Patience......patience.

On 10/11/2020 at 10:09 PM, Pakxicans said:

We are in the same boat, we also paper-filed the petition and got an IOE number. After getting the online access code and checking it. They have attached only few pages on call history to documents tab and it also shows a big file name ending with part 6. We provided them a lot of evidence including wedding pics, chats, wedding invitation, details of multiple trips together, financial docs etc. 

I request other fellow members of VJ to provide your experience and feedback as to what can be done before our case is messed up. 

On 10/10/2020 at 5:50 AM, Linos said:

Hello VJers,

I (beneficiary from Ireland) married a USC and we have just started our CR1 visa journey ❤️

We filed a paper i-130 CR1 petition on 09/15/2020.
We then received NOA1 and our receipt number beginning with IOE on 09/26/2020
Service center I believe is Potomac as it's on the hardcopy  (Nebraska is stated on the online case status)

When we got access to our online account I saw our petition was accepted. Under the documents tab I also saw our paper filed petition scanned and uploaded on 09/21/2020, the scan had a super long name that ended in part 1. What I did notice was the only evidence of a bona fide marriage that was included in the scanned version was our photos. None of the big wedding/holiday receipts, call/chat logs,  flight itineraries or boarding passes we sent were included in the upload they scanned. I thought this was odd but maybe the images are enough evidence for now? Wondering if any other paper filer noticed they left things out or they uploaded the rest eventually?

I then noticed our case status was touched on the 10/08/2020.

Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 12.58.43.png

I have the same situation. I paper filed and received IOE. My PD is 9/8/2020 and they attach only a file with part 2. It only has my wedding pics with other pictures, wedding invitation card. My case was  touch again on October 2nd. Looks like we all are on same page with same time when we filed the case. Let's stay connected. Good luck everyone 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.