Eva20

NVC Notice of Action I-797 received - Dublin embassy - interview date? (merged threads)

16 posts in this topic

Hi guys 

I’m waiting to get the medical and interview in the Dublin Embassy in Ireland. We got the letter to say that the petition has been approved and has been sent to the NVC in NH. 
The letter says “notice date” - 9/18/2020, and “approval notice valid from” - 8/19/2020 to 12/18/2020. 

Does anybody know when I could expect to get an interview in the Dublin Embassy? 

i am wondering whether to just go over and see my fiancé on my ESTA which is still valid. I’d have to go via Croatia or somewhere for more than 2 weeks due to the travel ban on Ireland. And then come back for the interview.

We’ve been waiting so long already I’m so tired of waiting to start our lives. 

any help or advice would be appreciated!

many thanks

Eva

No one can tell you when Dublin consulate will resume processing K-1 visas. That’s just the reality for all of us who are waiting to be approved and have an interview.

You could certainly try the plan with Croatia. However, it’s not a guarantee that the cbp officer will be convinced that you’re going to go back for the interview. How will you demonstrate to him/her that you will not just apply for adjustment of status and remain in the US?

Thanks for your response powerpuff. It says that the embassy have resumed interviews in Dublin in July, but I’m not sure if there are further delays maybe or how long the delays actually are. I didn’t think about customs not believing me, but I still have my job here so I would show them my return flight I guess 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Eva20 said:

Hi guys 

Im new here. Apologies not too familiar with all the abbreviations, forms and visa terminology. I’m waiting to get the medical and interview in the Dublin Embassy in Ireland. We got the letter to say that the petition has been approved and has been sent to the NVC in NH. 

The letter says “notice date” - 9/18/2020, and “approval notice valid from” - 8/19/2020 to 12/18/2020. 

Does anybody know when I could expect to get an interview in the Dublin Embassy? 

i am wondering whether to just go over and see my fiancé on my ESTA which is still valid. I’d have to go via Croatia or somewhere for more than 2 weeks due to the travel ban on Ireland. And then come back for the interview.

many thanks

Eva

First thing is has NVC assigned a case number and forwarded it to the consulate?

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Eva20 said:

We haven’t heard back from the NVC yet so I don’t think they have sent it to the consulate yet 

No chance of an interview until the case file is on station in Dublin.

I don't see that Dublin has restarted k1 interviews.   Even if they have, they are at a significantly reduced basis and with a many month backlog 

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
10 hours ago, Eva20 said:

Hi guys 

I’m waiting to get the medical and interview in the Dublin Embassy in Ireland. We got the letter to say that the petition has been approved and has been sent to the NVC in NH. 

many thanks

Eva

did you receive any email from the NVC for your invoice ID??

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Eva20 said:

Hello CS_Bradshaw, I do not believe we have received any email yet from the NVC, just the letter so far, thanks 

I see... so I believe that Notice of Action is the one that you got from USCIS. The next step would be preparing to pay the fee & upload the necessary documents to the NVC, the interview is gonna be the last step after you done with the NVC. But you have to wait the email from NVC, because they will inform you your case number and invoice ID, so then you can proceed to pay the fee and work on the documents afterwards. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Eva20 said:

Ah ok thank you for the information! I guess they will email my fiancé in America, or will they email me do you know? Hopefully we will get the email soon

thank You 

usually they will email both, the petitioner and beneficiary. i misunderstood read your text. if you are applying for fiancee visa, it seems that you dont need to pay first, the NVC will review your case then once their finish they will forward the case to the embassy. after that you will receive instructions from the embassy about what to prepare (including the documents list and the fees), but it seems it won't be later than the validity date of your approval notice.

sorry, i thought you were applying for spousal visa, didn't realize until you said "my fiancee"

On 10/8/2020 at 10:28 PM, Eva20 said:

No word from Dublin on when they will resume K1 visa processing, but I would not expect an interview for K1 this year --

"While Embassy Dublin has resumed limited routine visa services as allowed per local conditions, K1 visa holders are still subject to Presidential Proclamation restrictions on entry, unless they are eligible for a National Interest Exception (NIE). As such, the Embassy cannot currently process routine K visa applications."

Please do check the embassy website for the latest updates.  There's a section on "Specific Information for Fiancé(e) Visa (K-1) Applicants and Fiancé(e) Visa Holders" -- https://ie.usembassy.gov/us-travel-restrictions/

24 minutes ago, Eva20 said:

Oh boy, ok so after January then probably... damn... thank you for this info!

You're welcome.

Consider also that there is now a backlog at Dublin from all the K1 cases with petitions approved before yours.  The embassy has not processed any routine K1 cases since April 2020.  When they do resume K1 processing, there will be a long line of K1 applicants to be scheduled for interview ahead of you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.