Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Linos

Priority date confusion

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi all,

 

We filed our i-130 by mail on September 15th 2020 for our CR1 application. We just received a hard copy of our form I-797C which states they received the petition and the payment on September 21st, 2020. It says that our priority date is also September 21st, 2020...Is this correct? To me it sounds weird, although I am not certain exactly what PD means, I expected it to be a lot further in the future? Perhaps this is a typo on their side?


USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

 

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

 

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Linos said:

Hi all,

 

We filed our i-130 by mail on September 15th 2020 for our CR1 application. We just received a hard copy of our form I-797C which states they received the petition and the payment on September 21st, 2020. It says that our priority date is also September 21st, 2020...Is this correct? To me it sounds weird, although I am not certain exactly what PD means, I expected it to be a lot further in the future? Perhaps this is a typo on their side?

What is the date on her greencard? Resident since ?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

What is the date on her greencard? Resident since ?????

Petitioner (living in the States) is USC and beneficiary (me) is an Irish citizen (living in Ireland). I have never lived in the states/had a greencard 


USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

 

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

 

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Linos said:

Hi all,

 

We filed our i-130 by mail on September 15th 2020 for our CR1 application. We just received a hard copy of our form I-797C which states they received the petition and the payment on September 21st, 2020. It says that our priority date is also September 21st, 2020...Is this correct? To me it sounds weird, although I am not certain exactly what PD means, I expected it to be a lot further in the future? Perhaps this is a typo on their side?

the priority date is the date the USCIS accepts your i130 for processing. The spouse visa for this category is not delayed by the need to wait for a visa to be available once the i130 is accepted. The process will still take around 12 months to complete Other visa categories have to wait until a visa is available .. these are limited each year in how many can be issued.. so this delays the issue of a visa can be delayed for years. The PD will still be the day  it’s accepted for processing but the visa availability date can be years after the initial petition is approved 

5 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

What is the date on her greencard? Resident since ?????

I think this answer  may be on the wrong post 😁. More coffee needed ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

I think this answer  may be on the wrong post 😁. More coffee needed ! 

 

 

2 minutes ago, Linos said:

Petitioner (living in the States) is USC and beneficiary (me) is an Irish citizen (living in Ireland). I have never lived in the states/had a greencard 

I apologize.... Coffee is definitely needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 minute ago, Lil bear said:

the priority date is the date the USCIS accepts your i130 for processing. The spouse visa for this category is not delayed by the need to wait for a visa to be available once the i130 is accepted. The process will still take around 12 months to complete Other visa categories have to wait until a visa is available .. these are limited each year in how many can be issued.. so this delays the issue of a visa can be delayed for years. The PD will still be the day  it’s accepted for processing but the visa availability date can be years after the initial petition is approved 

Ahhh right I see now. I think the difference between the petitioners status is what confused me about PDs in general when I was reading about them. So if the petitioner was a PR instead of a USC the PD wouldn't be the same as the date it was accepted due to waiting times.

Just now, Cyberfx1024 said:

 

 

I apologize.... Coffee is definitely needed. 

Haha no worries, coffee is always needed 😍


USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

 

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

 

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Linos said:

Ahhh right I see now. I think the difference between the petitioners status is what confused me about PDs in general when I was reading about them. So if the petitioner was a PR instead of a USC the PD wouldn't be the same as the date it was accepted due to waiting times.

Haha no worries, coffee is always needed 😍

Priority dates are always the date you enter tbe queue.  Depending on the visa type,  you might spend one to 20 years in line before a visa is available based on your priority date 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
11 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Priority dates are always the date you enter tbe queue.  Depending on the visa type,  you might spend one to 20 years in line before a visa is available based on your priority date 

That makes sense now 😀 Thanks!


USCIS 
08/12/2020 - Married in Ireland 💒

09/15/2020 - Submitted I-130 packet via mail to Lewisville, Texas 🗳️

09/25/2020 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) 💌

12/23/2020 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS) 👀

01/25/2021 - NOA 2 (Approved in 122 Days @ Nebraska Service Center) 🌹

 

NVC 

02/02/2021 - Welcome Letter ❣️

02/03/2021 -  Paid NVC Fees 💸

02/16/2021 - Submit everything to NVC 💟

02/17/2021 - Documentarily Qualified 🌈

 

Embassy 👈

07/05/2021 - Medical
18/05/2021 - Embassy received case

18/05/2021 - Interview Letter

24/06/2021 - Interview - Approved (pending police certificates) 🥳🥳🥳

28/06/2021 - Posted police certificates and passport to embassy

29/06/2021 - Police certificates and passport arrived at embassy

01/07/2021 - CEAC status Issued 🥳

03/07/2021 - Visa in hand 👑

09/07/2021 - Arrived to USA

09/10/2021 - Greencard arrived

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...