On 3/9/2021 at 2:57 AM, Mreconomist said:

Marriage to US citizen
PD: 10/23/2020
Receipt notice: 11/16/2020
Biometric notice: 02/03/2021
Biometrics taken: 03/05/2021
Fingerprints applied to case: 03/05/2021
Case is ready to be scheduled for interview: 03/05/2020
How long before I get combo card or an interview?

Wow that was so fast!!!

Under H1B valid until September 2022.

Marriage based AOS Timeline:

1. 9/30/2020 - Application sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox using USPS
  2. 10/2/2020 - Application received by USCIS
  3. 10/26/2020 - Application rejected for outdated I-485 form
  4. 10/27/2020 - Application re-sent to USCIS lockbox using Fedex
  5. 11/19/2020 - Checks cashed (+ got my receipt numbers through online chat the following day)
  6. 11/29/2020 - Received 4 text messages from USCIS with the 4 receipt numbers.
  7. 12/03/2020 - Received 4 NOAs in the mail.
  8. 05/17/2021 - Biometrics appointment
  9. 05/20/2021 - "Case ready to be scheduled for an interview"
  10. 07/26/2021 - Case approved for my I-765 and I-131
  11. 09/01/2021 - Interview in San Antonio + "New Card Is Being Produced" status right away
  12. 09/02/2021 - "Case Is Approved" 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 2/15/2021 at 5:16 PM, Leah88 said:

Hi, I really need some good advice, don’t know what to do :( I received an email from the congressman’s office that I contacted for help, they told me I have a biometrics appointment scheduled for tomorrow. I never received a letter, email or notification. Nothing in my uscis online profile either. I’ve received this information today, and right away called uscis, after over 2 hours on the phone I was told that I can’t go to the appointment and have to wait for a tier 2 manager to call me back. The call was abruptly ended, so I called back once again to ask, what to do and the lady told me to just go there tomorrow with my printed out email. She said that because the biometrics appointment was only scheduled last week Thursday (!!!) and I haven’t received my letter yet I should go with the email from the congressman’s office. I literally called last week ON THE 11th to ask, when I will finally get my biometrics (!) they said they don’t know and please have patience. That same day they send me a letter, for an appointment 5 days later (with a weekend in between and we all know that the post is super slow right now because of covid!!!). I feel so speechless. I contacted my congressman’s office once again, but so far no answer. Obviously I spend hours on the phone today, so I really tried.. what should I do? @Greenbaum sorry you’re the most knowledgeable person I know on here so I tagged you. 

Hi! I've been considering messaging my congressman's office but I am not sure how to proceed. 

How did you approach the situation? / What did you email them?
Did they take a while to answer?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, BlackAfrodyte said:

Still waiting for biometrics appt.

Package received 10/22/20

Noa date 12 23 20. 

I called and asked if it made sense now to request a tier 2 agent call back since I haven't heard anything regarding my biometric apt and my dates are not far from yours, my PD is Oct 29. They put me on the list for the call back.

Under H1B valid until September 2022.

Marriage based AOS Timeline:

1. 9/30/2020 - Application sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox using USPS
  2. 10/2/2020 - Application received by USCIS
  3. 10/26/2020 - Application rejected for outdated I-485 form
  4. 10/27/2020 - Application re-sent to USCIS lockbox using Fedex
  5. 11/19/2020 - Checks cashed (+ got my receipt numbers through online chat the following day)
  6. 11/29/2020 - Received 4 text messages from USCIS with the 4 receipt numbers.
  7. 12/03/2020 - Received 4 NOAs in the mail.
  8. 05/17/2021 - Biometrics appointment
  9. 05/20/2021 - "Case ready to be scheduled for an interview"
  10. 07/26/2021 - Case approved for my I-765 and I-131
  11. 09/01/2021 - Interview in San Antonio + "New Card Is Being Produced" status right away
  12. 09/02/2021 - "Case Is Approved" 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, Nimo said:

Congratulations! When was your biometric appointment

Thanks. Her biometrics were 2/18. She was granted expedited processing though, so not sure her timeline can be used as a basis for comparison. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 minute ago, NewNJguy said:

Thanks. Her biometrics were 2/18. She was granted expedited processing though, so not sure her timeline can be used as a basis for comparison. 

Ooh okay,I understand...I did my bio appt on 12/3/2020.Still waiting for the EAD☹️

Filed: Timeline
On 2/17/2021 at 4:36 PM, Leah88 said:

Hey! So I was able to attend my appointment yesterday, even though I had no letter and didn’t even know the address. I went to two different USCIS application support centers, the second was the one I had my appointment at and they let me in with the Print-out of the email from the congressman’s office. It all went down smoothly and I was out after 10 minutes. Today I got a new notification on the app saying „On February 17, 2021, we sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485“. Is this normal? It says they’ll send me a letter, but who knows if that letter will arrive haha.

Leah - would you mind sharing which congressman you contacted and were you out of the published processing dates when you reach out to them?  We have a PD of 11/25  (ND - 12/2) for my mom's AOS application and still haven't heard anything back about a biometrics appointment.  Our local FO is also Norfolk, VA (we are in Richmond) - I saw that you were in the same FO as well so wanted to reach out to you.  Also, which ASC did you end up getting your biometrics done?  Thanks and I hope your case is proceeding well!

Timeline

do you mind sharing a bit about the expedite process? I would really like to know, because I will try to get an expedite as well (we are military and have to move overseas soon so i want to make sure i have my greencard asap before we move and i lose my case)

I googled congressman virginia and then contacted the congressman, described my situation ( military family on the move) and they got back to me after a week or so. they really helped me out, no way i couldve done biometrics without their help. now waiting some more because i received an RFE a week after my biometrics appointment. Send in the reply (received last monday) now more waiting. (RFE because they couldnt find my birth certificate and wanted taxes for 2020). thansk guyus for keeping me updated on your process

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Leah88 said:

do you mind sharing a bit about the expedite process? I would really like to know, because I will try to get an expedite as well (we are military and have to move overseas soon so i want to make sure i have my greencard asap before we move and i lose my case)

I googled congressman virginia and then contacted the congressman, described my situation ( military family on the move) and they got back to me after a week or so. they really helped me out, no way i couldve done biometrics without their help. now waiting some more because i received an RFE a week after my biometrics appointment. Send in the reply (received last monday) now more waiting. (RFE because they couldnt find my birth certificate and wanted taxes for 2020). thansk guyus for keeping me updated on your process

Here is a link to information about expedited processing.  It covers both the grounds and the process:

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/how-to-make-an-expedite-request

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Just an update: 6 days ago my I485 changed to: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

Unfortunately in San Diego they are still conducting interviews for Jan 2020 filers 😭

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.