MlgSea

NVC Case Status: "Your case is currently at..." (CR-1)

5 posts in this topic

We were documentarily qualified (CR-1) at the end of May, and at that time, the email that we received from the NVC said, "NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in JAKARTA, IDSA to schedule an interview appointment for you. Once we have confirmed an interview date, we will send a notice to you, your petitioner and attorney (if applicable)." So, knowing that it likely wouldn't be a while until the Embassy in Indonesia reopens, we didn't think much of it and just didn't expect to hear more from them anytime soon.

The thing is, now that embassies around the world are starting to reopen and ours started to do interviews for expedited cases, we second-guessed ourselves; should we have contacted the NVC to ask what the status of our case was and where it was? The CEAC website says that my case is currently at NVC. Is that normal? For those who are waiting (or were) in a limbo this whole time, where does the system say your case is at? Is it stuck at NVC even after becoming DQ'd like mine is, or did it get forwarded to the Embassy and has been waiting there the whole time?

I'm worried that we had missed a step and now everyone who got DQ'd after we did are already queuing up at their embassy while we're waiting cluelessly at the NVC..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

NVC does not send your case to the Embassy/Consulate until an interview date has been assigned.  So yes, in these times, normal for it remain "at NVC".

1 hour ago, Troy B said:

NVC does not send your case to the Embassy/Consulate until an interview date has been assigned.  So yes, in these times, normal for it remain "at NVC".

Awesome, thanks for confirming!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 10/1/2020 at 3:47 PM, MlgSea said:

We were documentarily qualified (CR-1) at the end of May, and at that time, the email that we received from the NVC said, "NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in JAKARTA, IDSA to schedule an interview appointment for you. Once we have confirmed an interview date, we will send a notice to you, your petitioner and attorney (if applicable)." So, knowing that it likely wouldn't be a while until the Embassy in Indonesia reopens, we didn't think much of it and just didn't expect to hear more from them anytime soon.

The thing is, now that embassies around the world are starting to reopen and ours started to do interviews for expedited cases, we second-guessed ourselves; should we have contacted the NVC to ask what the status of our case was and where it was? The CEAC website says that my case is currently at NVC. Is that normal? For those who are waiting (or were) in a limbo this whole time, where does the system say your case is at? Is it stuck at NVC even after becoming DQ'd like mine is, or did it get forwarded to the Embassy and has been waiting there the whole time?

I'm worried that we had missed a step and now everyone who got DQ'd after we did are already queuing up at their embassy while we're waiting cluelessly at the NVC..

Thats normal. Just keep checking the CEAC website. Once the NVC arrange the interview date with the US embassy, you will get another email from the NVC and it might take couple or few days till the status on the site change. :)

On 10/6/2020 at 8:23 AM, CS_Bradshaw said:

Thats normal. Just keep checking the CEAC website. Once the NVC arrange the interview date with the US embassy, you will get another email from the NVC and it might take couple or few days till the status on the site change. :)

I will do that, thank you for putting my mind at ease! 😄

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.