DamianB

Tax Returns vs. IRS Transcript (Interview)

30 posts in this topic

On 10/2/2020 at 5:23 AM, Lindzsalem said:

We had our interview last month with just tax returns as that what was requested and accepted on the ceac website. At the interview my husband was sent home with AP because they wanted Tax transcript as well. Even though it clearly states tax transcripts OR returns.If you can get both it would be better but maybe your embassy will be more lax about it. 

So were you able to get theTax Transcripts & submit to the Embassy & got Visa Approval ?

1 minute ago, trucphong said:

My wife got approved for visa not NVC stage. Consulate requested it not NVC.

Thank you so much for your quick reply. That gives me some hope. Our Embassy is Hong Kong. We submitted 2019 Tax Return/all schedules Plus W2's & 1099's ( 2019 Transcript is still not available). Submitted 2018 & 2017 Tax Transcripts. Hoping this will be sufficient for them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
1 hour ago, SNAVegas said:

So were you able to get theTax Transcripts & submit to the Embassy & got Visa Approval ?

Received the tax transcripts after 2 weeks since we needed the IRS to send us a code in order to access online account. I know the embassy received the physical copy straight away because they updated our case date after the mail was received by the embassy. However it’s been 3 weeks and the document has still not been accepted on the CEAC website, so still waiting for visa approval.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

The interview went fine and the visa was approved with just returns (in fact, they didn't even ask for transcripts during the interview). Just in case I had with me all other documents proving income (W8, pay stubs, letter from employer) but they didn't ask for it.

Edited by DamianB

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
21 hours ago, SNAVegas said:

Thanks for your explanation above. Just to be clear were you approved for the Visa at the Interview with A copy of the signed tax return with W2's & the transcripts for 2018 & 2017 ? And if so then what was your Embassy. Or are you talking about getting approved at the NVC stage ?

I was approved at NVC and wife was approved at her embassy interview.  Country is same as my profile.))

21 hours ago, Lindzsalem said:

Received the tax transcripts after 2 weeks since we needed the IRS to send us a code in order to access online account. I know the embassy received the physical copy straight away because they updated our case date after the mail was received by the embassy. However it’s been 3 weeks and the document has still not been accepted on the CEAC website, so still waiting for visa approval.

Thank You

1 hour ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

I was approved at NVC and wife was approved at her embassy interview.  Country is same as my profile.))

Great & Thank you ... I just saw your profile country guess was not paying attention .. LoL !!! So it gives me hope as well that my wife could be approved for her Visa with the 2019 Tax Return/ Schedules/ w2's & 1099's + Proof of Current Income. Trancripts of 2018 & 2017 were submitted as well. Take Care

5 hours ago, trucphong said:

Finnally,  IRS processed my 2019 tax.

When did you file your Tax return ? And Was your tax return filed electronically or paper filed by mail ?

Mine was paper filed  ( Married filing Separately. Wife is Non resident Alien without Social Security number)& mailed via USPS in April 2020  & still waiting for it to be processed so i can get a Transcript. 

7 hours ago, SNAVegas said:

When did you file your Tax return ? And Was your tax return filed electronically or paper filed by mail ?

Mine was paper filed  ( Married filing Separately. Wife is Non resident Alien without Social Security number)& mailed via USPS in April 2020  & still waiting for it to be processed so i can get a Transcript. 

I filed late February 2020 by mail. I filed as Marrird Filing Jointly.

10 minutes ago, trucphong said:

I filed late February 2020 by mail. I filed as Marrird Filing Jointly.

Thank you kindly for your reply. It is good to note that paper filed returns are getting processed & going through the system. The Interview for my wife is on November 30th in Hong Kong I am hoping that we have the Transcript by then.

I know that you mentioned in an earlier post your wife got approved without the 2019 Transcript even though the Embassy had requested it.

Did you provide a letter of explanation that your Transcript had not been processed yet by the IRS ? 

7 hours ago, SNAVegas said:

Thank you kindly for your reply. It is good to note that paper filed returns are getting processed & going through the system. The Interview for my wife is on November 30th in Hong Kong I am hoping that we have the Transcript by then.

I know that you mentioned in an earlier post your wife got approved without the 2019 Transcript even though the Embassy had requested it.

Did you provide a letter of explanation that your Transcript had not been processed yet by the IRS ? 

I did not provide letter to explain the situation. I just gave them the copy of tax return, W2, and all schedules.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.