Commish10

MGCQ for Manila?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hopefully, and hopefully the embassy will re-open at that time because it's never going to be "normal"

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2020/09/22/2044187/mgcq-metro-manila-end-month-if

39 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

Hopefully, and hopefully the embassy will re-open at that time because it's never going to be "normal"

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2020/09/22/2044187/mgcq-metro-manila-end-month-if

I don't see the USEM getting back to normal anytime soon.

I see this thing going well into the June 2021 and maybe much longer

Timeline

I agree, Dirty Will not allow normal he's too senile, brainwashed and power hungry. I hope the US DOS deems MGCQ as middle ground to at least resume routine services however slow that might be. With Dirty signing into order his and the PH Gov. Continued "Crisis" Authority for another year coupled with the DOT Statement of no foreign entry until at least June 2021 and even then only for Local ("Travel bubble") Internationals. It's not looking too promising for any logical and reasonable loosening of their strangle hold on the people there or to allow options for foreigners with loved ones there. Right now for my opinion, it would seem the only hope of having any kind of life with my fiance is hopefully the US being reasonable, because Dirty sure as hell is not that.

Timeline

Why are they staying locked down with only 3500 cases on average each day? Thats nothing. Fatality rate is 1.7% from reports I am looking at. 

300,000 confirmed cases out of a population of 110,000,000.  Close to 50,000 active cases with the rest already recovered. 

So, 0.27% of the population has been confirmed to have been infected. And your chance of getting sick in the Philippines and dying is 0.0045% figuring 5000 current deaths 

Edited by NoMansLand2020

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
56 minutes ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

Why are they staying locked down with only 3500 cases on average each day? Thats nothing. Fatality rate is 1.7% from reports I am looking at. 

If they went back to doing nothing, the number of cases would double every few days. That would mean 100,000 cases a day in less than a month. That would quickly overwhelm the hospitals, and the fatality rate would go back up to 10% or so.

Timeline
1 hour ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

300,000 confirmed cases out of a population of 110,000,000.  Close to 50,000 active cases with the rest already recovered. 

So, 0.27% of the population has been confirmed to have been infected. And your chance of getting sick in the Philippines and dying is 0.0045% figuring 5000 current deaths 

Let's not also forget that they themselves are reporting only roughly 2,500 cases that exceed Mild to Non-existent symptoms. At this level the Common Cold (Sipon) (Also caused by a Type of Corona Virus ;) in case anyone didn't know) is a scarier proposition. 

Edited by Cody&Razely

Timeline
18 minutes ago, JonSeattle said:

If they went back to doing nothing, the number of cases would double every few days. That would mean 100,000 cases a day in less than a month. That would quickly overwhelm the hospitals, and the fatality rate would go back up to 10% or so.

What's your point? This isn't going away anytime soon. People are going to die. You can't force people to remain in their homes without provisions and not provide them with some type of assistance. 

14 hours ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

Remember this is a country who thinks if they get rained on they will catch a cold.

I am guessing since they are a 3rd world country and lack modern medical facilities, especially in the provinces they are trying to be proactive to keep cases down.  Plus if you look at their covid numbers since March it still is barely trending down.  They also are a country where the population seems to be packed densely may be they are still locked down.

My opinion is they have went overboard on the lockdowns in Philippines.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.