jerval

Approved visa passport is in sealed envelope

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

My wife just got her visa package back from the embassy. She opened the DHL packet and there's a sealed manilla envelope and a generic sheet on the front.

She was able to feel that her passport is inside the sealed envelope. But how is she supposed to travel if the envelope can't be opened? And how are we supposed to pay the fee without having the letter with her dos number? 

Anyone else ever experience this issue? Are we missing something? 

USCIS Stage:

• Nov 12 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • Dec 17 2019: I-129f Received
  • May 15 2020: I-130 Approved!

NVC Stage:

• May 16 2020: Case Created
  • May 16 2020: Fees Paid
  • May 22 2020: Sent IV & AOS Packages
  • May 29 2020: Request for more documents (proof of assets)
  • May 30 2020: Resubmitted NVC documents
  • June 15, 2020: DQ'd! 

It looks like they either put the passport in that sealed evelope or forgot to include her passport, you need to contact the embassy to see what they say.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, jerval said:

My wife just got her visa package back from the embassy. She opened the DHL packet and there's a sealed manilla envelope and a generic sheet on the front.

She was able to feel that her passport is inside the sealed envelope. But how is she supposed to travel if the envelope can't be opened? And how are we supposed to pay the fee without having the letter with her dos number? 

Anyone else ever experience this issue? Are we missing something? 

What does the generic sheet say?  Many consulates are doing the electronic packet now

YMMV

Timeline

The generic sheet is and Applicant Summary Page. It seems to be just a printout from the interview appointment system with her case number. 

There are no stickers or warnings that the package shouldn't be opened. Does this mean it's an electronic package? 

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, jerval said:

The generic sheet is and Applicant Summary Page. It seems to be just a printout from the interview appointment system with her case number. 

There are no stickers or warnings that the package shouldn't be opened. Does this mean it's an electronic package? 

if the envelope doesn't say "Do not open"  and one corner of the envelope is not cut off, then she opens it to retrieve the passport 

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
36 minutes ago, payxibka said:

if the envelope doesn't say "Do not open"  and one corner of the envelope is not cut off, then she opens it to retrieve the passport 

Exactly.  Follow instructions you can see, not ones you cannot see.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Thanks for all of the replies!

I think what confused us is the agent who interviewed my wife said not to open the packet. But I think she had no clue what she was talking about. There has been a lot of miscommunication and mistakes done by the embassy in Santiago. 

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.