Dr. Bob

U.S. Embassy in Bangkok Reopening on October 1

81 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Great news indeed!  Best wishes to all here for rapid, successful processing.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I received this reply to an email earlier that same day. Note that it preceded the above by several hours and so, officially, the stuff in the public statement is more current (that public statement is probably the "announcement" that my email is foreshadowing) - but here it is for reference regardless:

image.thumb.png.c649bf227f1b69bee08f407c47286e9b.png

My fiance' was actually at the consulate for her interview on March 12th but was told to come back on April 1st because of a paperwork glitch (and then they closed), so I'm hopeful we'll be contacted soon. Of course her medical paperwork expired yesterday so we have that to look forward to again. Regardless, it's great that it looks like forward progress is once again possible.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We got an email (as did it seems like everyone that was cancelled based on the Thai US Visa facebook group) asking us to schedule an appointment for Dec. 23. They showed 50 slots available for each time, so about 300+ appointments in one day? I wonder what they're doing but at least progress is being made!

I don't believe that the December 23rd thing is really when the interviews will be. According to the instructions, you apply for an interview on Dec 23rd and then submit an emergency request, which they'll use to set your actual interview date. When I went through the process this morning, the emergency request page said something like the next available interview was Sept 23. That sounds too soon, but December sounds way to late. My guess is that the actual interviews (once the embassy starts processing the emergency requests) will be spread through October for the most part - depending on how many they can do in a day. That's just my guess (and hope) though. Regardless, it's progress at last!

Timeline
On 9/19/2020 at 2:36 AM, x3n said:

I don't believe that the December 23rd thing is really when the interviews will be. According to the instructions, you apply for an interview on Dec 23rd and then submit an emergency request, which they'll use to set your actual interview date. When I went through the process this morning, the emergency request page said something like the next available interview was Sept 23. That sounds too soon, but December sounds way to late. My guess is that the actual interviews (once the embassy starts processing the emergency requests) will be spread through October for the most part - depending on how many they can do in a day. That's just my guess (and hope) though. Regardless, it's progress at last!

Yeah, I submitted our request as well. Hoping we'll get an update from the embassy today on the emergency request. We still need to do medical and the police certificate so hopefully we can get everything wrapped up quickly. I'm leaving Thailand when amnesty expires here on the 26th, it's unlikely but it would be amazing if we could travel together. Fingers crossed. 

Likewise, we got notified (well she did, they didn't include me on the email this time for some reason) that our Emergency Request had been approved and we could log in to reschedule our interview. We picked Oct 13th to give us time to redo the medical exam. These were the other options at the time I was selecting: 

1039033967_thesewheretheappointmentoptions.png.999502e2e46e6e15c2a1b1afa786afe0.png

Timeline

This is great that you shared this screen.  It gives a good idea how often interviews are occurring.  Can you provide some information regarding how many time slots are being offered for each day?  This will give an idea how many interviews are being conducted per month.  Thanks so much!

Timeline
10 hours ago, Steve and Nicha said:

This is great that you shared this screen.  It gives a good idea how often interviews are occurring.  Can you provide some information regarding how many time slots are being offered for each day?  This will give an idea how many interviews are being conducted per month.  Thanks so much!

I didn't click around a lot because I didn't want to lose our slot. It looked like there were 2 appointments per day, at least on the days I clicked. 

I also was not included on the email, but my fiance was. Make sure to keep an eye on the email account that signed up for the ustraveldocs site because that will be the account notified. 

Timeline
On 9/21/2020 at 5:12 AM, zachp said:

Our emergency request was approved and we were able to make an appointment on Oct 6.

How long did it take to approve your emergency request?

We submitted our request yesterday and they offered us 7 October if we are approved.

Timeline
3 hours ago, KnoxThai said:

How long did it take to approve your emergency request?

We submitted our request yesterday and they offered us 7 October if we are approved.

We got approved one day after (requested Friday, approved Monday), the date you put on your request does not seem to matter much, they will just approve it and then you choose the date that is available. 

Can you provide some information regarding how many time slots are being offered for each day

Here's an example of the time choices. For some days there was also a 10:30 slot, but I didn't see any later than that for any day. I don't recall if 8:00 am was an option sometimes too and I don't know if they have only one applicant per slot, or any other details about the process - so make what you will of the info. I'm just really hoping we don't run into any more complications or set backs. 

image.png.07b68fcc12772fd4a0c2607336a4f995.png

Edited by x3n

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.