2,966 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I appreciate if someone can help me with this concern: When I went to the I-485 interview they did not tell me if they approved or denied me, they only asked me the questions of Yes or No, my address etc, I mean, ย the routine thing. ย I want to know if that means I was approved or denied. ย thanks

Just now, Angelica123 said:

Hello everyone, I appreciate if someone can help me with this concern: When I went to the I-485 interview they did not tell me if they approved or denied me, they only asked me the questions of Yes or No, my address etc, I mean, ย the routine thing. ย I want to know if that means I was approved or denied. ย thanks

You wonโ€™t know until you get an update but more than likely you were approved if it went well, meaning no crazy questions and stuff. When was your interview?ย 

5 minutes ago, Angelica123 said:

Congrats on your interview first of all!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š you definitely are not denied! Sometimes it takes up to a week or even longer to get the card production update and approved update! It's not unusual at all..but it's obvious you are approved.. you justย haven't gottenย the update yet..wait for it dear!๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ˜Š

4 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š said:

Congrats on your interview first of all!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š you definitely are not denied! Sometimes it takes up to a week or even longer to get the card production update and approved update! It's not unusual at all..but it's obvious you are approved.. you justย haven't gottenย the update yet..wait for it dear!๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you, but I worry because I read in a forum that someone went to the interview and they only asked the Yes or No questions without complications and then they denied the GC (I-485)

24 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š said:

Ur such a positive energy in this forum :) thank you for that.

19 minutes ago, Angelica123 said:

Thank you, but I worry because I read in a forum that someone went to the interview and they only asked the Yes or No questions without complications and then they denied the GC (I-485)

Did the person explained why he/she got denied?

Edited by cindy122808

18 minutes ago, Angelica123 said:

I've also personally read here about similar case..I've forgotten the gist of the issue but I do know it was later approved. It's mostly due to admissibility issues which I'm sure is not the case with you..so relax you'll get your anticipated update! Someone also waited 6months or so after interview to get the approval update! Not saying you'll wait that long just letting you see different instances! You are not them..they are not you..focus on you peculiar case! It's coming boo!๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

4 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š said:

I've also personally read here about similar case..I've forgotten the gist of the issue but I do know it was later approved. It's mostly due to admissibility issues which I'm sure is not the case with you..so relax you'll get your anticipated update! Someone also waited 6months or so after interview to get the approval update! Not saying you'll wait that long just letting you see different instances! You are not them..they are not you..focus on you peculiar case! It's coming boo!๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

what are the cases of admissibility? ย can you explain me please? ย thanks...

7 minutes ago, Angelica123 said:

what are the cases of admissibility? ย can you explain me please? ย thanks...

A number of factors can render you inadmissible..any criminal act from fraud to willfully misrepresenting material facts..drugs..terrorism..immigration violation...crimes of moral turpitude like prostitution..theft..forgery etc.๐Ÿ’

14 hours ago, NianAm said:

Hello Everybody..

First Of all I would like to thank @Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Šย I never saw an amazing soul like her. she was my support trough this journey that end today thanks GOD.

My GC has been approved.

Thank You thank you thank you @Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š

Timeline

I-360 sent April 2018 received Prima facie..

renew my EAD 2 times

I-360 approved february 2020 received approval letter and C31 card march 2020

06/2020 received courtesy letter

End of 07/2020 Case ready for interview.

09/2020 Interview was schedule for October 2020

went to interview with my lawyer officer was super nice, he only ask me the questions on I-485 and then review my paperwork that I brought but didn't take anything other than the divorce decree.

By the end of the interview day. I-485 status change to "New card is being produced"

Next day "Case was approved".

ย 

I wish all of you to get approve on I-360 and I-485. This journey was super super hard for me butย I always believe in the power of the ALMIGHTY. You just need patience lots of patience and keep praying.

Thank you all, good luck to all, if you have any question I'll be here. Thank you @Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Šย for those late night PM and reply thank you for supporting me. You are an Angel.

ย 

Congrats.ย 

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
10 hours ago, isurvived said:

Stay put @MarSam701. We'll all be fine. I got approved since 2018 but my approval notice got missing, couldn't apply for AOS until I got it in May. I'm still waiting for next steps, my case was transferred about 16months ago too. Just stay positive, keep using your EAD wisely and develop yourself.ย 

ย 

Don't get worked up over GC. I couldn't work until May 2019 and I've been in this country for almost 7 years. My lawyer always felt bad cause I have a PhD. Don't be frustrated, be grateful for the little privileges you have now. This is just an encouragement to everyone on this platform. Positivity is your only key to happiness.ย 

ย 

@Bluntย you'll be fine brother. Listen to the advice from everyone and be positive. Stay away from the negatives so you don't drive yourself into depression. What you have is RFE not Intent to deny, so it's another chance to prove a stronger case.ย 

ย 

Goodluck everyone. May we continue to hear good news from everyone.ย 

ย 

@NianAmย Congratulations on your approval. Goodluck with the next phase of your journey.

God bless you ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฟ

12 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š said:

@Bluntย You are a comedian..it's hard not to laugh when reading your ''epistles'๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ again be rest assured no officer is out to get you..and please do not put any mean remarks or laughing emoji in your RFE response..LOL๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm kind of concerned you might want to lash out to the officer or show your displeasure somehow..three words hon DON'T DO IT!๐Ÿ™…ย I like your carefree spirit and resilience but learn to get a grip on your emotions. I got an RFE too and so did a host of other people here..I don't recall fussing this hard..I simply answered it touching all the salient points that was brought up and here I am..๐Ÿ’ take it easy man..I pray you get approved after this low moment!๐Ÿ™๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ€๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks so much ..your the best May God give you long life to enjoy your green card !!!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ

2 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š said:

Also base on my experience my case status online never update I had to login to myUSCIS account to see that I was approvedย 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š said:

Not everyone receives RFE as you know..you might not get any..hopefully!๐Ÿ™ but hey even if you do..just provide the closure they need and you'll be fine!๐Ÿ’ you've come a long way..set your sights on the win!๐Ÿ† I'm sure you'll make it..I don't know anyone who I've said that to that didn't make it! With God ALL things are possible my dear!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

Thanks for your kind words and it means so much to me . Iโ€™ll keep everybody informed .ย 

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.