Dougefresh56

CFO Manila Guidance and Counseling

35 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Dougefresh56 said:

Has anyone been able to schedule their CFO Guidance and Counseling appointment lately?

Ask this in the Philippines regional forum.   Best place for Phil specific questions 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

***Moved to the Philippines regional discussion area******  Specific CFO question****

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Lucky Cat said:

***Moved tot the Philippines regional discussion area******  Specific CFO question****

Thanks, I did not know how to move it K1 popped up automatically

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Dougefresh56 said:

Thanks, I did not know how to move it K1 popped up automatically

No problem. You can't move it once it has been posted  (but I can)......you have to select the specific forum prior to posting.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
Just now, AlaMike said:

https://slec.ph

The website shows they are open for business. But it is by appointment only (online registration).

I'm talking about the CFO Seminar. Not the Medical. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Dougefresh56 said:

I'm talking about the CFO Seminar. Not the Medical. 

Sorry, coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

https://cfo.gov.ph/filipino-spouses-and-partners-of-foreign-nationals/  (compliments of Hank)

Timeline
2 hours ago, Dougefresh56 said:

Has anyone been able to schedule their CFO Guidance and Counseling appointment lately?

I emailed the CFO Cebu July 29, a day before my travel back to Cebu and after 3 weeks they emailed me this as their response.I asked them if do i need to attend a seminar for my future travel overseas.

20200825_003828.jpg

Edited by BOKURAGAITA

11 minutes ago, BOKURAGAITA said:

I emailed the CFO Cebu July 29, a day before my travel back to Cebu and after 3 weeks they emailed me this as their response.I asked them if do i need to attend a seminar for my future travel overseas.

20200825_003828.jpg

Thanks, thats helpful.  

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Timeline
3 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

Thanks, thats helpful.  

Are they requiring a visa to be already issued to attend the online session? I thought there was an interview process associated with CFO as well. How does this work? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

Are they requiring a visa to be already issued to attend the online session? I thought there was an interview process associated with CFO as well. How does this work? 

Never had been for GCP

YMMV

Timeline
45 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Never had been for GCP

Never had been what? When I go online to see about register, it says requirements are a valid passport and visa. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

Never had been what? When I go online to see about register, it says requirements are a valid passport and visa. 

For PDOS but a k1 needs GCP which doesn't require the issued visa

YMMV

Timeline
5 minutes ago, payxibka said:

For PDOS but a k1 needs GCP which doesn't require the issued visa

When attempting to register it says, 

Requirements for PDOS On-line Reservation/Registration:

Barcoded confirmation of appointment

Original valid passport (must be valid about six months before date of travel)

Original valid visa

One (1) valid identification card with photograph (eg., SSS ID, GSIS E-card, PRC ID, driver's license, postal ID, ARC, etc.)

Payment of Php 400.00 registration fee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.